Thread: Improve the website

Default Improve the website

It's feedback time! In year 2008 we are trying to ramp up content and add new features to spcnet.tv. We recently added the new Music Lyrics section, moved to a newer and 4x faster server, and currently working on the Actors and Actresses directories. Now we want your suggestions and ideas.

If you can improve one thing (or more) about spcnet.tv, what would it be?
    -SC

2. Re-organize the home page and focus on reviews.

1. Get rid of Actors, Actresses, Trailers from the navigation menu.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z View Post
    2. Re-organize the home page and focus on reviews.

1. Get rid of Actors, Actresses, Trailers from the navigation menu.
    Thanks for feedback. Why would you suggest removing Actors, Actresses, and Trailers? Because there's currently no content for Actors/Actresses?
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    Thanks for feedback. Why would you suggest removing Actors, Actresses, and Trailers? Because there's currently no content for Actors/Actresses?
    Are (Actors, Actresses, and Trailers) as important as (TV Series, Movies, Anime, Music, Shop, and others)?

Busy people who do not follow/read Asian entertainment news visit spcnet to learn about hot new Asian TV series/movies and more importantly read reviews written by non-professionals. Why not make the content clear and easily accessible?

What differences, if any, will there be between the Actors and Actresses sections here at SPCNet and already existing online English repositories such as DramaWiki?

On the Trailers page, under Duke of Mount Deer 2008, it should say starring Huang Xiao Ming as Wei Xiao Bao and Wallace Chung (not Ren Quan) as Kang Xi. As for the thespians/characters info under the new Legend of the Condor Heroes, is there any particular reason why there's an intermix of Mandarin and Cantonese romanization used? I can maybe understand if Liu Shi Shi were from Hong Kong or something, but she's not.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-23-08 at 10:40 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

jay_z: Sure, Actors and Actresses will become important - or at least we hope it will become one of our major sections. I think Actors/Actresses sections are closely related to movies and tv series anyway since it will link back to things like filmography.

Lady Zhuge: Good question on how our Actors/Actresses will be different from other sites. wiki sites don't really allow participation, you can't comment, rate, or really interact with their content - it's information only. So visitors are passively looking at content. We hope ours will engage members to do something else aside from just looking and leaving. I also asked a while ago if members had any ideas for this Actors/Actresses section since it's up in the air as we're building it so if you have any suggestions (from visiting other sites and finding lacking features), I'd be most interested.
    -SC

In regards to the Trailers page, the Cantonese/Mandarin mix is just a mistake. Good catch, I was beginning to think no one visits that page.
    -SC

Thumbs up Improvement

I would like larger pictures and posters of TVB shows when possible.

How about changing Members Titles. Let's add more fun.
    I think we can come up with interesting Titles.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

How about being able to view the site via phone? I know vBulletin can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    I second that. It would be a great addition to the forum.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I third to that Member Title change! We can customised our own unique title!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

How's about separating the Korean and Japanese thread? The users for both are very likely to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    I'd seen this on other forums using this function and its definitely more fun.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    How's about separating the Korean and Japanese thread? The users for both are very likely to be different.
    I'd agree these two threads should be seperated;it will become congested due to the series are differs from each other. Japanese thread is much more active at the moment.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    I'd seen this on other forums using this function and its definitely more fun.

Yes, I would definitely like new Titles. Our currently in use Titles are boring. We can make interesting titles. Also if members reach a certain number of posting he/she can make his/her own unique title. It would be really nice if Admins and Mods pay an attention to our suggestion.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

1. I think this is suggested somewhere else too. Remove those posts of those members who are banned. It is quite irritating at times to read the messages posted.

2. Under our name, state our post ranking. e.g. i think i am the 91st top poster. at the same time, how far off from the next ranked position. for the "fun" element.

For the website, reviews page etc
    Simple design and some color visual themes
    Rich text editor for reviews, which would be something like this forum reply feature

Forum
    make it less laggy
    limit size of pictures--use thumbnails instead

on overall it is doing great, both website and forum
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

The pictures and updates about the latest series' available seem to get the most comments. I notice when I google for info. about a specific series, spcnet.tv seems to have the most comprehensive info.

One improvement could be a featured interview with an actor/actress for a past, current or upcoming series.

I think you give a like section to the posts, suppose anyone post is good and I want to express that he put a correct thing than I have a option to like that post.
    Translation Agencies and Service Providers at visiontranstechindia.org