Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Born Rich 《富貴門》

Quote Originally Posted by Boshox View Post
    I just finished watching this show. I enjoyed it very much. Great cast.
    Were we watching the same show?

But I agree the acting was topnotch.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Were we watching the same show?

But I agree the acting was topnotch.
    The acting should of course be good since we have a lot of veterans in here. Maybe Boshox was referring to the acting and not the plotline??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

The last time I watched a series where I hated EVERYONE, it was Mythical Crane, Magical Needle.

Every single character in here was either stupid or annoying. No one really in between.

Marcus - stupid and annoying.

Connie - unrealistic. Tries her damn hardest to be a saint.

Rene and Topman - the most annoying couple. Their romance makes me puke. At least the Marcus/Angie/Connie had some drama, Rene and Topman's relationship is just boring/pathetic. Their "obstacles" were so ill-conceived and nothing spectacular.

Angie - annoying, stupid, obsessive. "Oh, I know I hurt some people, but it doesn't matter. My happiness is the only thing that matters!!!"

Kenneth Ma - his acting and facial expression is just the most annoying thing I have ever seen! whenever he is confused or angry, he makes the same freaking expression.

Gallen Lo - stupid dumbass. Why was it so necessary to be a CEO anyway? If he had just tried to get with Rene, then wouldn't he be rich anyways (as a member of the family). That way he has money and love. But no!! He has to concoct dumb plans to make it so that he can't have either one!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Shirley; 01-31-10 at 05:55 PM.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

I declare this is the worst series ever. Well the ending was absolutely awful. I had such high hopes for this drama since my fav series 'Golden Faith' somewhat was compared to this series yet it fell a long way short.
    Fk!! wasted watching 40eps.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

One of my friends actually really like this ending and series! I was shocked to hear that. I think she is the only one that really likes this series....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Shes a liar. Maybe she doesnt like u so she wants u to watch it and then she be like haha stoopid. So u have to suffer 40 eps then to find out the horrible ending. its more like wtf ending.

I really value u as a spcnet member so i really dont want u to watch 40eps and then say hey trinie.. "i told u so".
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

I enjoy the series! Hah I like the cast too, well they could of replace Nancy sit. It was pleasant to see Ray and Jamie again! They look great! And very refreshing to see Anita Yeun! I was hoping that Gallen's character would not turn so evil at the end and ends up with Anita! The ending was not so bad! lol

i am still watching the series, good cast, great acting, agreed with many the plot is weak but it's just for entertainment, anyways got the series for S$2 only hahaha ...

i just cannot stand that music everytime marcus and angie are together ....

what the frag???
    Last edited by jSMl2046; 03-10-10 at 07:07 AM.

ma guo ming's acting in the series is terrible, sharon chan's improved a lot ......

Quote Originally Posted by jSMl2046 View Post
    i am still watching the series, good cast, great acting, agreed with many the plot is weak but it's just for entertainment, anyways got the series for S$2 only hahaha ...

i just cannot stand that music everytime marcus and angie are together ....

what the frag???
    lol me too! Seems like it comes on every 5 mins lol!

lol so much hatred on this page :P I'm one of those who really enjoyed the series although I don't think Gallen deserved the happy ending~

OMG, i dnt know y theres so much hatred on this serie.
    This serie is so good compare to all tvb series since the time gallen left. sure there were ok ones. This serie just needed a better ending , like gallen killing the chec's family . and killing Renee too,

BTW, i just created a acct here just for this...
    i saw this thread when i search for born rich.

Since i know that the script and original cast has been changed and wanted to know wat the old script was.

Overall Good serie

I found the series quite annoying, and the characters very irritating. Unlike Heart of Greed where very natural situations are resolved in a climatic way, in Born Rich they seem to take too long (and make stupid decisions) in order to get to those situations so they can be resolved climatically, and somehow they don't get resolved in a satisfying manner.

I have to say that the themesong was top-class, though, one of the best TVB have ever had for a while (but then Gallen Lo is an established singer, unlike a lot of the TVB actors and actresses who try to sing their own themesongs). The themesong brings back memories of the 80s and 90s HK pop, with more than a hint of Infernal Affairs and The Turbulent Decade.

I so much wanted to watch this series because of Ray Lui! But somehow the storyline is quite weak.
    I neither want Ray to have an affair nor do I want him to be with her. They do not fit (physically).
    I just watched the first episodes. Anita and ´Topman´ are quite annoying...
    Great cast but bad storyline.
    I´m a bit disappointed to be honest.
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.