Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Born Rich 《富貴門》

I think Connie is great so far.

I love this new series, and the return of veteran actors.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I've only watched Episode 1-5 so far and I'm loving it Hope the series won't disappoint!

http://bit.ly/4t3ZuK

I had watched ep. 1-10.

I kinda felt that Gallen Lo and Anita Yuen pairing is the best one in the show.

The one playing Connie in the show is also very very good.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Episode 14 is freakin hilarious.......Gallen Lo talked like his previous character that rose him to fame, Lei Kei.

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Gallen never fails at any role. He's amazing, especially in comedies. NO wonder why TVB can't let him go. lolz

I'm up to episode 13, and so far, I'll say it's enjoyable. The story itself is interesting.... you're constantly wondering what will happen once Ray Lui and his family finds out that Gallen has been one big lie all along. Also, who will the villain be? Is there going to be a villain (in the traditional sense)? Of course, everyone thinks it will be Gallen, because he's a con artist anyway. But we also see that he is not without some remorse, and he does have some feelings for Anita. It's hard to see him as any kind of a threatening, villainous role so far. I just hope the ending won't be the total copout like The Drive of Life where basically the bad guy just gets talked into realizing his mistakes and says "I'm sorry I guess I was wrong" and people all forgive him and that's the end.... that would be really stupid and anticlimactic, but we know TVB likes doing that nowadays (same thing happened with Ada's character in The Gem Of Life).

The acting is top-notch so far too.... these guys can still act, and they do it well too: Ray, Gallen, Anita, Jamie, Kenix...... so much better at acting than the newcomers. The only person I dislike is Nancy Sit, but that might be the way her character is written. Throwing herself on the grass and throwing a tantrum like a 4 year-old is just plain ridiculous, and unbelievable. Her entrance in episode 1 was excruciating to watch too.... fancy hat, fancy clothes, singing and dancing into the house.... but yet, her husband only disappeared 1 year ago, and she gets all upset at Ray when he stops the search for his dad. One moment she goes on vacation and comes back like she's having the best time of her life (dancing, singing), the next moment she's going nuts about losing her husband. Absolutely unbelievable.

Those are my thoughts so far....

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    I think Connie is great so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I love this new series, and the return of veteran actors.

Han Solo
    I had watched ep. 1-10.

I kinda felt that Gallen Lo and Anita Yuen pairing is the best one in the show.

The one playing Connie in the show is also very very good.

Han Solo
    Han Solo: You know some veterans, but I'm surprised you don't remember the actress who plays Connie is Jamie Chik (Michael Miu Kiu Wai's wife).

Ah, it's so weird seeing Ray Lui in this role, the last role I saw him in was as Zhan Zhao. He always been tall compared to his co-stars, but in episode 2, he's shorter than Joe Ma. It seems Joe Ma is taller than most actors.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yes! Nancy Sit only belongs in sit-coms and exaggerated dramas! I have to fast forward through all of her scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzarius View Post
    I'm up to episode 13, and so far, I'll say it's enjoyable. The story itself is interesting.... you're constantly wondering what will happen once Ray Lui and his family finds out that Gallen has been one big lie all along. Also, who will the villain be? Is there going to be a villain (in the traditional sense)? Of course, everyone thinks it will be Gallen, because he's a con artist anyway. But we also see that he is not without some remorse, and he does have some feelings for Anita. It's hard to see him as any kind of a threatening, villainous role so far. I just hope the ending won't be the total copout like The Drive of Life where basically the bad guy just gets talked into realizing his mistakes and says "I'm sorry I guess I was wrong" and people all forgive him and that's the end.... that would be really stupid and anticlimactic, but we know TVB likes doing that nowadays (same thing happened with Ada's character in The Gem Of Life).

The acting is top-notch so far too.... these guys can still act, and they do it well too: Ray, Gallen, Anita, Jamie, Kenix...... so much better at acting than the newcomers. The only person I dislike is Nancy Sit, but that might be the way her character is written. Throwing herself on the grass and throwing a tantrum like a 4 year-old is just plain ridiculous, and unbelievable. Her entrance in episode 1 was excruciating to watch too.... fancy hat, fancy clothes, singing and dancing into the house.... but yet, her husband only disappeared 1 year ago, and she gets all upset at Ray when he stops the search for his dad. One moment she goes on vacation and comes back like she's having the best time of her life (dancing, singing), the next moment she's going nuts about losing her husband. Absolutely unbelievable.

Those are my thoughts so far....
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this series.. I have heard a lot of good things about it and am glad that a lot of the cast are doing a good job. Jamie has not acted in a series for a long long time so I was not sure how she would do, but am glad that she is doing well. I just hope that the overall plot and ending will be good...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I'm up to Episode 22 and I'm really liking this series. The story line is engaging and the whole series has the essence of a family/business drama from the 90s. And the cast really is amazing...watching them on screen makes you realise how much talent TVB has been lacking in the past few years.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Connie has it tough as the wife and daughter-in-law. She cannot always speak her mind without going against what her mother-in-law wants. Often times to be on the good side of her mother-in-law, she has to shift her opinion and follow what her mom-in-law favors. And knowing her husband had an ex-lover working in the same company. I sympathize with Connie. She doesn't seem to have a stable position. With someone like Angie around, it just spells danger for Connie and Marcus's marriage.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Just started watching and currently on ep 20 and I think it's pretty good. The veteran actors/actresses are the highlights of this series. Characters are pretty well developed and I'm beginning to feel for a few of them.

So far, I think the best character is Connie. She's a loving mother, supported wife, and try her best to please her spiteful mother in law. It's tough to voice her opinion when the mother constantly thinks it goes against her own. It doesn't help when the mother obviously favors Angie (the woman who's trying her damnest to steal her husband). Connie gained my respect after she went to Mumbai and rescued her husband. It's unfortunate that the man who returned is not the same man. I think this is the beginning of the end to their blissful marriage.

Marcus & Angie - I can see this affair taking off now that Marcus is more daring and kinda doesn't give a damn anymore. The level headed, responsible Marcus would not commit to having an affair as he already rejected Angie's advance but the new daring, I-don't-a-damn Marcus will probably welcome Angie's presence and not suppress his feelings anymore. I refuse to believe that his love for his wife of 13 yrs is not as strong as his love for a woman whom he had a fling with for a few months in his youth. If that's the case, his marriage should not have been as blissful as it seems. Guess I'll have to watch on and see what happens next.

Another well developed character is Yat-Ming. I don't think this guy has any good left in him. He's letting the riches and power taking over his conscience. He won't hesitate to step and demolish anyone to get to where he needs to go. He's ruthless, but I guess that's what it takes to be on top of the world.

Rene&Topman - I don't know about this couple. I don't think Rene is really in love with Topman and he's not helping their relationship by not being honest with her about his past relationships. I see a crack in the relationship already before it even completely takes off.

Now watching ep. 16 to ep. 20.

that ray liu character is getting to me- unappreciative of his wife, always wanting to be the boss, etc. Probably having post-traumatic stress disorder too. I mean, how unlikely for someone it is to escape to terrorist attack and then get kidnapped??

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I am beginning to be pissed off.

If Marcus divorces Connie, I will boycott this show! I mean, Connie sacrifices everything for Marcus. She even forgives him for cheating on her. She even risks her own safety to rescue him. What on earth is Angie? She is just a crazy hot-headed selfish nutcase who is obsessed with Marcus. If it were up to her, she would never been able to bring Marcus home. Hate how she boasts in front of Connie that Marcus wants to be with her.

If Connie ever gets dumped, I hope she never forgives Marcus.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I am beginning to be pissed off.

If Marcus divorces Connie, I will boycott this show! I mean, Connie sacrifices everything for Marcus. She even forgives him for cheating on her. She even risks her own safety to rescue him. What on earth is Angie? She is just a crazy hot-headed selfish nutcase who is obsessed with Marcus. If it were up to her, she would never been able to bring Marcus home. Hate how she boasts in front of Connie that Marcus wants to be with her.

If Connie ever gets dumped, I hope she never forgives Marcus.
    I have a lot of respect for the character of Connie in the show- selfless, smart, caring, kind, and also having to deal with the totally selfish mother in law, and a husabnd with divided love.

If the marcus really divorces connie, then he deserves whatever that Yatming or other ppl will do to him!!

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I like marcus and angie!! But im biased cause i like kenix kwok as an actress. Connie is really too dull.
    I watched this show because of gallen and anita. but gallen's character is just evil and i dont like him anymore. how he betray marcus despite all that marcus did for him ticks me off. I loved his character in Cold blood warm heart though, but not as yat ming. Anitas constant screaming is also getting annoying, not like the 'cute' anita we know from cest la vie mon cherie.

I have a lot of respect for the character of Connie in the show- selfless, smart, caring, kind, and also having to deal with the totally selfish mother in law, and a husabnd with divided love.

If the marcus really divorces connie, then he deserves whatever that Yatming or other ppl will do to him!!

Han Solo
    Completely agreed with you. If a man can't appreciate such a great woman, then he deserves whatever misfortune will befall him and I won't pity him one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrysky
    I like marcus and angie!! But im biased cause i like kenix kwok as an actress. Connie is really too dull.
    I watched this show because of gallen and anita. but gallen's character is just evil and i dont like him anymore. how he betray marcus despite all that marcus did for him ticks me off. I loved his character in Cold blood warm heart though, but not as yat ming. Anitas constant screaming is also getting annoying, not like the 'cute' anita we know from cest la vie mon cherie.
    Do you like Angie as a character or do you like her just because she's played by Kenix Kwok? I can't imagine anyone watching this series would like the character Angie to be with Marcus. I don't mean to belittle your opinion but I just find it odd that you can root for this type of character.

I seriously hate Kenix Kwok's character in here, on a side note... my god Kenix Kwok has aged horribly!

Angie is more outgoing, connie is too stiff and reserved even though she has a lot of redeeming qualities. Of course if angie is acted out by someone other than kenix then i might feel differently. ya and kenix is not as good looking as she used to be, so thin and looks like shes sick.