Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Born Rich 《富貴門》

Default Born Rich 《富貴門》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2228/3988067439fd2d1bb64eo.jpg')

Title: 富貴門 Born Rich
    Genre: Modern
    Episodes: 40
    Producer: Tommy Leung

Airing: October 18, 2009 9:30pn TVB Jade / HD

Cast:
    Gallen Lo
    Anita Yuen
    Kenix Kwok
    Ray Lui
    Jamie Chik
    Joe Ma
    Nancy Sit
    Crystal Tin
    Vincent Wong
    Kenneth Ma
    Bernice Liu
    Sharon Chan
    Grace Wong

The series will be tailor made for Gallen, it's about revenge and family feud.
    Nancy Sit joins the cast as Ray Lui's mother.
    Ray Lui is the tycoon and big brother of the family. Gallen is his younger brother. Wife is Jamie Chik while Kenix is his soulmate. His role will be loosely based on a certain HK tycoon.
    Kenix will be a tough career minded woman and have triangle relationship with Ray Lui and Jamie Chik.
    Kenix's character is an ambitious lawyer who chose career over love, but regretted later.
    Gallen will be the ultimate villain.

Source: KuangaiTVB BBS.
    Last edited by sehseh; 10-13-09 at 04:17 AM.

Default Gallen Lo

Wait, Gallen Lo's last series with TVB is When A Dog Loves A Cat... isn't it?
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMx View Post
    thats his first series, he promised to do 3
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMx View Post
    No such thing as 'last series' unless someone is retiring or leaving TVB on bad terms.

Gallen filmed 'Dog/Cat' because he still owe TVB around 13 episodes, remnant from his management contract with TVB.

Now he is already signed to Media Asia (if I'm not mistaken) and he can film for any TV station he want, anytime. Likewise with Kenix Kwok.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Title: *Unknown*

Gallen Lo recently visited Singapore and mentioned that his relationship with TVB is very good and he is scheduled to film a 40 episodes series produced by Tommy Leung in November 2008.

As for Kenix, she disclosed that Virginia Lok have contacted her regarding a grand production series end 2008. Kenix mentioned that she have free schedule at that time and if the role and script is good, she will accept it.

Source: KuangaiTVB BBS.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all the information I have so far.

Other upcoming production (confirmed)

click to show/hide spoilers
    Another production in schedule starring Nick Cheung, Ada Choi & Steven Ma in Oct-Nov, produced by Chik Kei Yi.

Adam Cheng, Niki Chow, Patrick Tang, Joyce Tang, Derek Kwok, Benz Hui, Catherine Chow will be filming <龍兄鼠弟> in July, producer Tong Kei Ming.

Cop series in July - August starring Steven Ma & Kent Cheng. Bernice Liu should be the leading actress.

Kenneth Ma - new 'Man Chor' series in August. Also starring Damien Lau, Cathy Chow, Toby Leung.

Dayo Wong & Charmaine Sheh - new modern series in October.

[Pillowcase 2] - July with Bobby Au, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

Chilam is also coming back to TVB, but no confirmation which series yet.
    Is tong kei ming and adam making 2 series together? If not, then I believe their series title have been changed to "Heavenly King of Billiards" because there was news the other day covering on Michael Miu guest-starring for 1 episode.

Quote Originally Posted by godiva View Post
    Is tong kei ming and adam making 2 series together? If not, then I believe their series title have been changed to "Heavenly King of Billiards" because there was news the other day covering on Michael Miu guest-starring for 1 episode.
    Yeah, the old title is 桌球天王 (King of Billiards) but midway they changed to 龍兄鼠弟. Dunno which one is correct, guess have to wait for the costume tryout for confirmation.

Yeah, the old title is 桌球天王 (King of Billiards) but midway they changed to 龍兄鼠弟. Dunno which one is correct, guess have to wait for the costume tryout for confirmation.
    The old title is corny, and the new title reminds me of a old series with Dicky Cheung and Monica Chan. Gosh, sounds like this series is something about brotherly love?

Good news, seems like Gallen Lo is negotiating new contract with TVB.

Though it's very unlikely for him to sign management contract with TVB, it's possible that he might sign 1 or 2 series per year contract like Bobby & Jessica. The reason he's considering this is because he want to spend more time in HK with his family. For the past few years, he earned a lot filming in mainland china.

TVB on the other hand, have filmed a special advertisement promoting Gallen 'comeback'.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=A6pdvu7UdOA

This is quite a big honor, considering that his [Cat & Dog] series will only be aired near end of July.

I heard that Bernice in the new copseries of Steven Ma will be replaced by Linda Chung? Looking forward to Dayo and Charmaine.
    ·´¯`·)» Vicki Zhao «(·´¯`··´¯`·)» Alec Su «(·´¯`··´¯`·)» Song Hye Kyo «(·´¯`·
    Tearless Sky Forums

OMG OMG OMG

I didn't online for one day and today as I went online, pop out the news:

Gallen disclosed that he have officially divorced!!!

He separated from his wife last year (amicably) and recently they already done with the divorce papers!

What a shock - I thought he return to TVB because he wanted to spend more time with his family - now apparently it's because of his son.

Title: *Unknown*

Cast:
    Gallen Lo
    Kenix Kwok (unconfirmed)
    Ray Lui
    Jamie Chik
    Jamie Chik? Seeing her name was unexpected. Veterans of the 80's or before that era seem to appear on TVB series one after another lately.

She Michael Miu Kiu Wai wife.

Jamie Chik and Ray Lui? Interesting. Sounds like TVB wants to go with the vets for the grand production. Good move
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Jamie Chik and Ray Lui? Interesting. Sounds like TVB wants to go with the vets for the grand production. Good move
    Ray Lui, eh? He hasn't been in a TVB series since...geeze, probably 1989 or 1990. Jamie Chik has been away even longer, I think.

But even these fabulous actors from the past aren't *enough* to make TVB shine again. I'm sounding like a broken record, but it's really up to the scriptwriters and directors to make things happen. If the same old weak formula that's been used for the past fifteen or twenty years gets trotted out again, it doesn't matter if the series features Ray Lui, Jamie Chik, Angie Chiu, Chow Yun Fat, Adam Cheng, Liza Wang, Patrick Tse...WHOEVER in the cast. The cast is only half the battle.

And frankly, I'm getting really cynical about the TVB "grand production" tag: it seems to be code for, "OK, we're going to stick a bunch of high profile actors into the same sets we used in the previous series to...uh, basically remake the previous series..."

never heard of jamie chik, but ive seen ray lui in a lot of movies recently. hmm this time i agree with ken. the quality really depends on the scriptwriters and directors
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Rumors has it that the series will revolve around Sun Hung Kai Properties (Hong Kong's largest real estate developer) family dispute saga.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../28/2003413120

Note that this is just rumor and not confirmed.

Ray Lui and Jamie Chik as Walter Kwok and wife
    Gallen as Thomas Kwok

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    never heard of jamie chik, but ive seen ray lui in a lot of movies recently. hmm this time i agree with ken. the quality really depends on the scriptwriters and directors
    Jamie Chik is Michael Miu's wife. Use to be a popular TVB actress and very beautiful. I've only seen recent pictures of her, but not onscreen. She looks fine to in the pictures eventhough gossip mags always make her out to be fat and unattractive nowadays.

Recent picture of Jamie and Michael in an advertisment.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.on.cc/channels/ent/20071219/img/se06121905_big.jpg')
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Default Crystal Tin

Crystal Tin has now been confirmed to be in the series.
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Default TVB: No Drama on Kwok Brothers

Source: Wen Wei Po, The Standard

Responding to earlier rumors regarding the upcoming 40-episode drama, TVB spoke-person has clarified that the story line, though dealing with real estate tycoons, will be purely fictional and written by TVB own script-writer(s).

No story on the Kwok brothers and their family saga, TVB stressed.

Earlier rumors had Gallen to play the role of Thomas Kwok, the second son of the late HK tycoon Kwok Tak Seng, while Ray Lui to play the eldest son Walter and Jamie Chik his love interest.

Gallen reportedly said that he had yet learned anything from producer Leung regarding the script. Gallen, however, shared that he’d met Thomas Kwok at one point when the former was working as a fireman.

The three Kwok brothers - Walter, Thomas, and Raymond - inherited Sun Hung Kai Properties from their father. They are the third wealthiest people in HK, after Li Ka Shing and Lee Shau Kee.

Translation credit to Gallen Harbour
    http://gallenharbour.tkn-portrait.ne...kwok-brothers/

Crystal Tin . I like her from series with Leila Tong .