Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vietnamese Songs

Some of my favorite songs from Thuy Hang.
    Anyone knows if she still singing?

"Nu Hong Mong Manh" Thuy Hang

"Baby I'm Sorry (remix Viet version)" Thuy Hang

"Muoi Nam Ao Tim" Thuy Hang
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Indeed! When Ced mentioned Trish, I was cracking up. That girl sounds like she is 12. Her voice sounds untrained and unpolished like me when I sing, but hey, that's why I'm not making music as my career.

Ceddie, stick around dear. We will introduce you to some great Vietnamese talents.

Speaking of Trish, I suddenly thought of Linda Trang Dai. Is there anyone here a fan of her? As I recalled, she used to be Vietnam's version of Madonna back in the days.
    LOL I missed this part! I got to know Trish when I was searching for videos of Thuy Trang, the former yellow ranger who is deceased. (Oh yeah..... I know ) And, I found this video made for "Trini" with this song: The Day You went away..... I was smitten by the beautifully sad lyrics (oh the voice was quite sweet, aye lol). And, I heard the other song "No turning back".

Ok, Bellay, I'll hang around for more beautiful vietnamese voices.

P/s: Hey, sweet voice, your voice got me smitten too. Don't you deny you have a beautiful voice.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Well, Trish is pretty cute, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has a lot of foreign fans. She can't speak Vietnamese very well though, which is a bit of a letdown.

I was just listening to a guilty favorite of mine: Phong Le's Lay Tien Cho Gai (Giving Money to Girls). If you understand Vietnamese, the song is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoL6jr2zHV8

I even went through the trouble to type up the lyrics since I liked the song so much and was going to do a remake of it with my friend...but of course that never went through.

Actually, I liked the other Thuy Trang. The pioneer yellow ranger, that is. Then I was searching for bits and pieces of video about her which was when I got to know this singer who is an almost similar name, Trish Thuy Trang. The coincidence is, someone created a slide show video in memorance of the late Yellow Ranger whereby the background song is performed by Trish Thuy Trang.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Where can I get albums/ songs from Trish? I'm having likings for her tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Where can I get albums/ songs from Trish? I'm having likings for her tunes.
    I have most of her songs, but that's because I have them on karaoke DVDs and from the actual Asia DVDs. I'm sure esnips should have quite a few. You can also try googling yeuamnhac.

Trish songs are very easy to sing. They're usually rather flat and monotonous...does not require a wide range to be able to sing. But I guess that's the appeal of her songs...anyone can sing it, especially little girls. All my little girl cousins were fans. I do really enjoy her song with Cardin though, The Chase. It's an incredibly cute song. We were singing that song the whole time on our camping trip (imagine bursting out into song at a campsite where we were the only Asian family) and ticked my parents off to no end. =D

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    I have most of her songs, but that's because I have them on karaoke DVDs and from the actual Asia DVDs. I'm sure esnips should have quite a few. You can also try googling yeuamnhac.

Trish songs are very easy to sing.
    Thank you, Bunnie. No, only for listening.

They're usually rather flat and monotonous...does not require a wide range to be able to sing. But I guess that's the appeal of her songs...anyone can sing it, especially little girls.
    I like that kind of Asian and American mixed tune. Her songs in Vietnamese are nice too. I have 2 songs from her right now. Oh, and I think through music, it's a good way to pick up languages. What does "Tinh Thu Cua Linh" mean?

Trish's dance is indeed lifeless....

All my little girl cousins were fans. I do really enjoy her song with Cardin though, The Chase. It's an incredibly cute song. We were singing that song the whole time on our camping trip (imagine bursting out into song at a campsite where we were the only Asian family) and ticked my parents off to no end. =D
    Your family, is too cute. I can imagine that.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-20-08 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I like that kind of Asian and American mixed tune. Her songs in Vietnamese are nice too. I have 2 songs from her right now. Oh, and I think through music, it's a good way to pick up languages. What does "Tinh Thu Cua Linh" mean?
    Tinh Thu Cua Linh roughly = Soldier's Love Letter.

Bunnie, I can imagine how you'd sing to the song, The Chase. That tune is in my collection now. I enjoy it very much too.

I came across this cute video of rpg game characters uploaded in Youtube, with the background music, The Chase. One of the rpg character known GumMoe.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-28-08 at 08:49 AM.

i remember when i was younger, my favorite vn songs were from the "nhac phim bo" collection. back then, cd's did not exist and everything was mass produced on tape. i started my "nhac phim bo" collection when young and now that i'm older, i continue to enjoy those songs. unfortunately, many things got lost with time including some of my favorite songs.

the songs i particularly enjoy these days are the songs that i've lost and i've been playing this one song over and over in my mind. it's the subtheme song to "than dieu dai hiep" (aka roch even though i'm not fond of the story line) that has been known as the romantic song from roch. the vietnamese rendition is sang by huong lan (what an amazing voice), and i didn't realize that i was so privileged to have own that particular song by this excellent artist at the time until the song grew on me very quickly.

more recently, i've been trying to google the song (i've been looking to replace the cassette that i lost) without much luck.

actually, if anyone knows which site still sells the old school tapes then please let me know. i really miss that song and listening to it in chinese (although beautiful) is not enough for me. i want to sing along with the song to that song and it seems that vietnamese is the only option for me.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

"Go cua trai tim" - just heard this song recently and really liked it. Does anyone know if this is an old song? Havent heard of it before but it sure sounds like an old song.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Well, Trish is pretty cute, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has a lot of foreign fans. She can't speak Vietnamese very well though, which is a bit of a letdown.

I was just listening to a guilty favorite of mine: Phong Le's Lay Tien Cho Gai (Giving Money to Girls). If you understand Vietnamese, the song is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoL6jr2zHV8

I even went through the trouble to type up the lyrics since I liked the song so much and was going to do a remake of it with my friend...but of course that never went through.
    haha, that thing is pretty hilarious...

Tình Bơ Vơ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSnToR3yaY

Càng nhìn em yêu em hơn và yêu em mãi
    Dù phút êm đềm xa xưa nay đã đi vào quên lãng
    Trời vào thu việt Nam buồn lắm em ơi
    Mây tím đang dâng cao vời
    Mà tình yêu chưa lên ngôi

Ngày mình yêu
    Anh đâu hay tình ta gian dối
    Để bước phong trần tha hương
    Em khóc cho đời viễn xứ
    Về làm chi rồi anh lặng lẽ ra đi
    Gom góp yêu thương quê nhà
    Dâng hết cho người tình xa

Anh đâu ngờ
    Có ngày đàn đứt dây tơ
    Một phút tim anh ơ hờ
    Trọn kiếp anh vương sầu nhớ

Nói đi em cả đời mình mãi đi tìm
    Cả đời mình xây ước mơ
    Cho ngày mộng được nên thơ
    Cuối cùng là tình bơ vơ

Cho anh xin một đêm trăn trối
    Gởi đống tro tàn năm xưa
    Dâng hết cho lần yêu cuối
    Rồi từng đêm
    Từng đêm nhịp bước cô đơn
    Em khóc cho duyên hững hờ
    Anh chết trong mộng ngày thơ
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

That's some really old school stuff there, Mr. Orange. But at least way better than the instant noodles songs coming out now...

Heard that song again recently and it suddenly remind me of an ex gf who sang it really well.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNJV_...e=channel_page

Mot Vong Trai Dat by Tim & Minh Hang

this song is great
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I like...

Nguyen Thang - Se May Yeu (this is the only song of his that I like, really)
    http://www.imeem.com/people/0MLx1j/m...ng-se-mai-yeu/

Nhu Loan & Bao Han - Sunday Buon (just because it's catchy )
    http://www.imeem.com/people/XE0EnA/m...n-sunday-buon/

Cam Ly - Em Se La Nguoi Ra Di
    http://www.imeem.com/people/3wMpQ/mu...a-nguoi-ra-di/

Minh Tuyet - Tro Ve Pho Cu
    http://www.imeem.com/shexybabieguh/m...tro-ve-pho-cu/

Thao My - Dung Xa Em Dem Nay (I grew up listening to this song because my cousin would always sing it on karaoke)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfK5rBh03rc

My absolute favorite, however, is a classic (I learned how to sing this when I was just 3 years old ):

Chuyen Tinh Lan Va Diep 1
    http://www.imeem.com/people/pZGKkc/m...h-lan-va-diep/

I also like most songs by Phi Nhung and Truong Vu (he sounds so much like Che Linh!). Their renditions of oldies are great. ^__^
    Last edited by skylee; 04-01-09 at 08:26 AM.

So, lately I've been on a Cam Ly listening spree. I listened to Ang May Buon (the album) for several days nonstop. Now I'm going through all of her songs on a Vietnamese music website (very grateful for these).

I hope her songs that I like aren't all Chinese style. I will post some songs I like so you guys can tell me if they're more Chinese or Vietnamese in style.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Here are some of the songs I've been listening to. Please tell me if they're of more Vietnamese or Chinese (or another) style.

p.s. my impression is they're more modern, with maybe a little traditional influence.

Cam Ly & Van Quang Long - Anh Co Quen Em

Cam Ly - Buoc Quen (Egyptian??)

Xin Binh Yen Ve Qua Day

Tham Mong

Phut biet ly

Co bao gio

Mua Roi Cuoi Tuan

Tình Chàng Ý Thiếp

Mua bui 1

Vân Quang Long - Canh Hoa Tan Phai
    Last edited by PJ; 01-29-10 at 12:54 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Here are some of the songs I've been listening to. Please tell me if they're of more Vietnamese or Chinese (or another) style.

p.s. my impression is they're more modern, with maybe a little traditional influence.

Cam Ly & Van Quang Long - Anh Co Quen Em

Cam Ly - Buoc Quen (Egyptian??)

Xin Binh Yen Ve Qua Day

Tham Mong

Phut biet ly

Co bao gio

Mua Roi Cuoi Tuan

Tình Chàng Ý Thiếp

Mua bui 1

Vân Quang Long - Canh Hoa Tan Phai
    Anh Co Quen Em - That's an Andy Lau cover. Good song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqbehAWNeZg

Buoc Quen - I think it's what you'd clasify as 90's Vietnamese music.

Xin Binh Yen Ve Qua Day - Sounds Vietnamese as in it's probably not a cover of another language song, more something you'd hear in Vietnam I think.

Tham Mong - Same as before, sounds like something that's composed by Vietnamese

Phut Biet Ly - Vietnamese

Co Bao Gio - Vietnamese

Mua Roi Cuoi Tuan - Vietnamese

Tinh Chang Y Thiep - Old Vietnamese, I don't know the right category for it, but you can tell with the instruments and the way it sounds.

Mua Bui 1 - Old Vietnamese, the kind my mother sings on karaoke.

Canh Hoa Tan Phai - More modern Vietnamese

You can also generally tell from the style if the song was written by someone in Vietnam, or for a Vietnamese American Audience. Most of the ones you listed are in Vietnam.

On another note. I like this one by Lam Nhat Tien and Nhu Quynh, mostly the flute at the start though. But I don't think the flute is separate from the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-hxCcxc8A