Thread: Would Central Divinity have lived longer had he trained in the 9 Yum Jen Ging?

Default Would Central Divinity have lived longer had he trained in the 9 Yum Jen Ging?

It seems that having a large reserve fund of chi energy was a way that a person could increase his or her longevity. To wit: most of the Greats from L/ROCH were extremely long-lived (especially by pre-modern standards), and each of them had great inner power.

Despite having (at one point) the strongest inner power in the world, Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung died relatively "young." I don't know exactly how old Wong Chung Yeung was at the time of his death, but I believe it was an age younger than that of the elder Greats at the end of ROCH. I surmise that if not for the effort he expended in defeating the other Greats at the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, and his subsequent faking of death to thwart West Poison Au Yeung Fung's first attempt to steal the 9 Yum Jen Ging, Wong Chung Yeung might not have died so early.

Wong Chung Yeung had studied the 9 Yum Jen Ging and more or less understood its principles, but never actively trained in its skills. Speculatively, had Wong Chung Yeung trained in the 9 Yum Jen Ging, especially that Sanskrit portion (which he could have asked South Emperor Deun Chi Hing to translate into Chinese for him), could he have lived longer? Perhaps the 9 Yum Jen Ging would have enabled Wong Chung Yeung to defeat the other Greats at the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament with less expenditure of inner power (or helped him recover what he had expended faster). Moreover, the 9 Yum Jen Ging would have helped him with that death-faking ruse against Au Yeung Fung.

In Some other wuxia or xianxia, internals energy could make a pugilist live longer than other normal people, but in JY trilogy, I don't see it gives significant advantage. Even some are in danger situation of fire deviation after mispractice high level martial arts.

For WCY, even though he didn't practice 9 yin exclusively, but at some points his conceptual martial arts are more or less the same with 9 Yin Manuals. That is one of the reason that he is not practice it after reading the manual.
    So I don't think practice 9 Yin manual will boost his internals or make him live longer than he used to be.