Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Kindred Spirit 《真情》

Like the above posters say good at the beginning but dragging towards the end. It was running far too long I read that the audience were getting sick and tired of lee sze kei character the mother of the family always butting in on other family members troubles.

I was amazed that lee sze kei won an award last year for a reprisal of basicly the same character, a character the audience hated a few years back. Seems like people just got dragged in the hype.
    shin chan

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    It went rock bottom when they introduced Ah Fat and his mom Fat Mah.
    May I ask what it is about these two characters that make the series hit "rock bottom"?

I'm currently watching this series for the first time. I've written my thoughts about the series here for anyone's who's interested. I'm on episode 648 currently and I think the series goes through a wave of ups and downs. When it's good, it's really entertaining and interesting, but when it's bad, it's so tiring with how stupid and ridiculous it is.

I'm really afraid of reaching the later episodes since so many of you criticize it.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAZNWarrior View Post
    May I ask what it is about these two characters that make the series hit "rock bottom"?

I'm currently watching this series for the first time. I've written my thoughts about the series here for anyone's who's interested. I'm on episode 648 currently and I think the series goes through a wave of ups and downs. When it's good, it's really entertaining and interesting, but when it's bad, it's so tiring with how stupid and ridiculous it is.

I'm really afraid of reaching the later episodes since so many of you criticize it.
    The earlier episodes were great; nice storyline, touching, funny, charming, and written carefully and splendidly... Whereas as you get closer to the end, it becomes a drag and the characters begins to become pathetic and the story thus turns out to be pointless... Rather than being funny, it became lame; instead of being emotional, the scenes becomes a 'WTF' moment; among others...

Seriously, it wasn't great (the ending)! I hope it doesn't disappoint you anh Hai!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    it was good at first but I really got tired of Ah Hoi and his women. It was forever dragging and he just keeps on getting more women and kids! Then TVB got tired of it too, and they let On take on this role of having mreo and more women!

Tmothy's villian presentation was just spot on. cant believe he had no acting training. Love him on screen! Still believe he was the mosted hated man in HK when KS was airing.

But Mark Kwok really stole my heart in KS! He is the perfect man!
    I agree with your comment on Mark! He was the mark of a perfect man! I had the hugest crush on him when the series was airing; way back when. He was charming as ever; the only character I can remember almost every bit of details to. YES, I love him!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Frankly, when this show was good, it was really good. The first time I remember crying while watching a series is this one. It is too bad through it wasn't good all the times. Sometimes you wonder why you are continuing. I did watch the entire series through. I wasn't too disappointed when I finished. I agree with everyone that the most of the later parts wasn't very good, but I don't you will have a problem finishing this series because you still want to know what happen to all the characters.

P.S. This is the best TVB sitcom, soap operas (long running series) ever through ever if it had many boring and bad storylines.
    Last edited by LiarLiar; 07-05-08 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiarLiar View Post
    Frankly, when this show was good, it was really good. The first time I remember crying while watching a series is this one. It is too bad through it wasn't good all the times. Sometimes you wonder why you are continuing. I did watch the entire series through. I wasn't too disappointed when I finished. I agree with everyone that the most of the later parts wasn't very good, but I don't you will have a problem finishing this series because you still want to know what happen to all the characters.

P.S. This is the best TVB sitcom, soap operas ever through ever if it had many boring and bad storylines.
    despite being disappointed with the later storyline, I did manage to continue and finish the entire series (from beginning to end)... The only reason I continued was because I basically grew up as I watched the series; it ran for nearly 5 years, so the characters were all intriguing to me. YES, I did find that the storyline became draggy and lame at many points, but that can't take away from what parts that completely fascinated me and brought me to tears. Overall it isn't a bad series, especially for those who've grown up watching the series... But most who would pick up the series later on; to them (like my best friend), they become bored of the boring storyline and continual letdown!

I think the main reason I continued to watch the series was because I needed to know how everyone ended up!

KS isn't the best series ever, but it does really make a mark... I mean, its the longest running series I've ever seen. The only one who could come to close range with the series is VOH - but I haven't seen every single episode... YES, I do miss one here and there... But during KS, I've never missed a single episode!

Default A Kindread Spirt Question

what is this series name in viet?

Tha^n Ti`nh

you sure that the right one? I can't find a single thing on the internet about it

Yes, Thβn Tμnh is the correct title. If you want to look up something on the internet about it, it's probably easier to search by the English title.

I was thinking about buying the viet series for it thank for the help

I'm currently watching the earlier episodes. The story of Seung Seung (Candy Lo Lam) was pitiful...I really feel sorry for her character.
    What happened to the love triangle between her, Ah Hoi, and his wife? And what happened to her baby?
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 12-30-08 at 01:13 AM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic View Post
    I'm currently watching the earlier episodes. The story of Seung Seung (Candy Lo Lam) was pitiful...I really feel sorry for her character.
    What happened to the love triangle between her, Ah Hoi, and his wife? And what happened to her baby?
    Yep, Seung Seung is very pitiful.

Seung Seung basically gave up her baby to Choi Yiu so that Choi Yiu and Ah Hoi could live happily together. Choi Yiu's baby died during labor. Seung Seung pretended that her baby was the one that died. She left Hong Kong for America mainly to get away from Ah Hoi but also to study.

Later on Ah Hoi does learn that his son is actually his baby with Seung Seung and not Choi Yiu and he goes to the US to see her, but she doesn't show up and they both come to the conclusion that they weren't "fated" and decided to move on and let go of this relationship. Their love can only live in memories.

Basically from start to end, Seung Seung sacrificed everything so that Ah Hoi could be happy... This whole triangle made me dislike Ah Hoi. Lol. But he redeems himself later. Fortunately, Seung Seung is able to move on off-screen in the US and finds her own happiness.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAZNWarrior View Post
    Yep, Seung Seung is very pitiful.

Seung Seung basically gave up her baby to Choi Yiu so that Choi Yiu and Ah Hoi could live happily together. Choi Yiu's baby died during labor. Seung Seung pretended that her baby was the one that died. She left Hong Kong for America mainly to get away from Ah Hoi but also to study.

Later on Ah Hoi does learn that his son is actually his baby with Seung Seung and not Choi Yiu and he goes to the US to see her, but she doesn't show up and they both come to the conclusion that they weren't "fated" and decided to move on and let go of this relationship. Their love can only live in memories.

Basically from start to end, Seung Seung sacrificed everything so that Ah Hoi could be happy... This whole triangle made me dislike Ah Hoi. Lol. But he redeems himself later. Fortunately, Seung Seung is able to move on off-screen in the US and finds her own happiness.
    I do truly pitied Sueng Sueng's character all throughout the series; even in the end, but for some reason I truly loved Ah Hoi and Choi Yu together.

The triangle between the three of them were amongst my earliest memories of a 'fated' love! I remember sitting on the edge of my seat cheering Ah Hoi and Choi Yu on; I adored this pairing, though I don't remember much of the details about this couple - as this was very early on in this LONG LONG LOOONG running series!

If I do remember correctly, Choi Yu later dies, right?! ^.^ It has been many many years! And did Ah Hoi remarries or at least find another chica?!

I'm currently watching the earlier episodes of AKS on TVBVietnam too; and its still so exciting! ^.^

I just started watching it again. Indeed, this is the longest show I've ever watched. It's long but good. My favorite TV show along with Virtues of Harmony I-II. I like Lap Sang (Marco Lo) in the later of the series and his pairing with Ah Jing (Wallis Pang). Sorry, but I don't think he had chemistry with either Joyce Tang or Mok Hoyan. I also like Mark Kwok here. As it said in previous posts, he's way too perfect. His character (Ah Nam) did really capture my heart and attention. Too bad that Ah Gwai eventually chose Ah Hoi.