Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kho Ping Hoo - Peerless Master (abridged)

Please do continue the good work dear Indonesian Brother. And as far as the 'questionable scenes' goes why don't you use the the 'spoiler' function for them. The same thing is being done for Huang Yi's work 'A Step Into The Past'.

And i just want to know, for my personal query, are'nt there any English Translations for any other Indonesian works by this author or any other one?
    Last edited by Spidey; 07-19-08 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeburner View Post
    Hoo, nice! But now that I remember it, would it be appropriate to publish KPH's works? They're a little bit too..... vulgar.....

Just check this one: 5th chapter and you've already got two sexual scenes, which are, fortunately, not as crazy as Fragrant Wooden Sword....
    As HeYanFeng said, those parts may be toned down... or like in most electronic version of KPH series, --> simply just ignore those part.... it won't deteriorate the story at all !!

Many readers are skipping that part anyway...

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

Well, I hope it wouldn't be too much for HeYanFeng. I mean, toning them down and finding the correct translation for the Fuqian words are troublesome.
    It was often said, "Among horses, Chi Tu (Red Hare). Among retards, Lu Bu."

Vice-President of Wuji Haters Club!

Originator of "Wuv Kuddly Hamsty" activity.

Ch06 – Fateful Meeting

After a while Shenlong was used to this method of travel. He started to open his eyes and appreciate the speed at which they were going. After some time, he smelled something and asked his master to stop.

“Shifu, there’s something over there…” His voice quivered.

Han DiWang turned and was appalled by what he saw. Several bodies lay there. The stench was totally unbearable. These bodies had unmistakably been disturbed by all kinds of scavengers; their body parts were all strewn apart it was hard to tell how many bodies were there and how they died! A regular man would probably throw up then faint when he saw such revolting scene. Han DiWang was a prince of the Ice Island, all his life he was never exposed to such disgusting things. Holding his breath, he blared:

“What do you want?!”

“Shifu, must we leave these corpses? They were humans like us too…”

“Oh? Let me see what you are going to do for them!”

Han DiWang put Shenlong down and stepped away from this godforsaken place, he really wanted to know how Shenlong was going to deal with these decomposing bodies.

Stepping surely, Shenlong approached the bodies and started to dig a grave, using his… little dagger! Han DiWang almost couldn’t believe his eyes, he stared dumbfoundedly at Shenlong, if one hasn’t seen this with his own eyes, he wouldn’t believe such a boy like Shenlong actually existed.

“That is enough Shenlong!” He stopped Shenlong when he just dug a little hole about one or two ‘cun’ (1-2 inches) deep.

“Eh? How can this be enough Shifu?”

Han DiWang silently signaled Shenlong to move away, and took out a little flask. He then gathered the bodies in a heap on top of the little hole made by Shenlong, then poured the liquid in the flask on top of the heap. In a time to drink tea, that heap dissolved and flowed into that tiny little hole! Shenlong thanked his master profusely.

Han DiWang mused: “How could you call me benevolent master if I bury them because of you? If not for you I would just ignore this whole burial nonsense and be on my way, and get to the Ice Island by now?”

But of course he couldn’t say what was on his mind. He picked Shenlong up and started to move again, but Shenlong once again stopped him.

“Shifu, look! Looks like there’s another dead person here!” He already was on his way to check on another body.

From where he stood, Han DiWang could tell that the person was alive, he was probably unconscious or asleep.

“Shifu! It’s a woman!”

This ‘body’ that was so still before suddenly stroke. Her right palm swung downward to smash Shenlong’s head, and her left knee rose up to strike his groin. These two moves happened in a blink, yet Han DiWang managed to parry those two strokes and push her back.

This woman was still young and pretty. Her clothes were one or two sizes too big, and definitely was a man’s. Her hair were disheveled and dirty, her face unwashed and smudged with tears and dirt, her eyes were red and swollen.

“Hahaha, I’ll kill you BaShou GaiWang, I swear I’ll kill you to avenge my 12 elder martial brothers!! You will come to regret the day you met us Wudang 13 Heroes!”

She bent her knees, bowed, then straightened her back and knees at the same time, her two arms swung up in a circular motion. But she probably was starved to death, having had no food at all for the last few days, so she actually fell back at the end of her movements. Han DiWang sealed her acupoints.

“Shenlong, you check her, see if can you cure her?”

“Shifu, she has a severe mental trauma, her mind is disturbed, if only we were in Qian Hua San, disciple may be able to find something to calm her with.”

“Now let your Shifu try to cure her.” Han DiWang took out a golden needle, cleaned the top and started to hit her acupoints, at the left and right sides of the nape, and at the sun-central acupoint.

“Now check her eyes again, is there any change?”

Shenlong checked her eyes and noticed that her eyes that used to be wild were now normal. He quickly kneeled in front of his master.

“Shifu, I am blind, I didn’t know Shifu was a master doctor too!”

“About herbs, how can I be your match? This little acupuncture skill is my family skill, I will eventually show you how to do this trick later.”

“Shifu, I have another request, I sincerely hope Shifu can grant this.”

“Speak.”

“Please help this poor woman, and let her come with us. Her mind is not sane, what if she remembers the incident and goes crazy again? Wouldn’t this be terrible?”

Han DiWang looked at this dirty young woman again. Why were this dirty face and disheveled hair able to move his heart? Why was he so interested and willingly wanted to help this woman? Did he already get Shenlong’s heart? Or… or is it something else?

“Alright, let’s just take her to the Ice Island, and we’ll see what happens then!”

He bent down and picked up both Shenlong and the woman, and then ran towards the ocean.

<to be continued>

Updated, chapter 6 is incomplete and will be updated in a bit.
    Thanks for the support and understanding guys! I can't promise that the update will be regular like Jean *shudder* but hopefully I can persevere enough to complete this 'little' project.

The text has been somewhat edited as anyone who has read the Indonesian version can definitely tell; I've been trying to wrap up lots of minor details and incoherences as I translate. KPH must have been drunk when he wrote most of his novels :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    Please do continue the good work dear Indonesian Brother. And as far as the 'questionable scenes' goes why don't you use the the 'spoiler' function for them. The same thing is being done for Huang Yi's work 'A Step Into The Past'.

And i just want to know, for my personal query, are'nt there any English Translations for any other Indonesian works by this author or any other one?
    Thanks for the encouragement Spidey! IIRC KPH's works were not as descriptive as HY's. Definitely no descriptive sexual encounters like 'A Step Into The Past'. I guess a borderline needs to be drawn as to what is acceptable and what isn't. I just hope terms like 'stark naked' and 'unspeakable acts' are 'mild' enough, hehehe

AFAIK, there's no English translation for KPH. I may be the first one to attempt this so be patient with me

thank you so much or updating this story i so love this series it is fast becoming one of my top favorites i savor these updates as much as i do jeans " a step into the past" Renwoxingss "Demigods and semi-devils" and now your translation ^_^ highly appreciated accept my heartfelt gratitude!

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

Nice!

Let's see some more updates!

i was always curiois about your signature thing there about wulong and fengchu makes me want to laugh whats that from anyway/>?

Hm? I quoted it from Romance of The Three Kingdoms. It was said that 'Wolong (Sleeping Dragon) and Fengchu (Young/Fledgling Phoenix), with one you could conquer the world.'

Liu Bei of Shu got both, but in the end was still unable to to resurrect the Han. Fledgling Phoenix (referring to Pang Tong) died at Luo Feng Po due to miscalculation. He micalculated cuz he was sooo jealous with Wolong.

Wolong (referring to Zhuge Liang, mentioned several times in Jin Yong's work) on the other hand, died of illness. He really overworked himself too much in his northern campaigns.

Would appreciate it if you could inform us whether this is still an ongoing project or if you have dropped it do to time constraints?

Ohhh this is so interesting! I can't wait until the next story. Thanks you so much for translating this.

damn!!!!!!!!!

LOL I thought the guy finally updated the story but I guess he gave up

I found this site and it is in Indonesian( duh!).
    http://bukeksiansu.maxpay.org/

Kho Ping Hoo is greatest wuxia writer from Indonesia. It is a shame that his works largely neglected now. I read almost all his work in 80s. Although his works a bit repetitive but his large output is wonderful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kho_Ping_Hoo

Translating his work will be hard because of his hokkien spelling and also his novel is veryyyyy looong and with multiple sequel.

here google translation from Indonesian entry to Kho Ping Hoo :

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=
    Last edited by Bei Rongkun; 08-20-09 at 10:19 PM.

HeYanFeng's AFK, I think.....

BTW, the reason why I'm eager to still read his translation is because
    1. It's done in English.
    2. It's NOT Fuqian.

And now that he left, I don't think there's anybody who wants to continue his work....

Sorry, my late work consumed quite a lot of my time plus other activities.

I will be going back to Indonesia for good and won't have a decent connection until I settle down... which can be another 2 weeks or so. No promise or anything after that, so if anyone wanna take over I'd be glad to hook them up with the Indonesian version and offer my help... Sorry again for my tardiness

Sorry this is just a temporary filler. Until then, just wait for HeYanFeng to finish this story

Who is this powerful man that is dreaded even by the seven prominent figures in Jiang-hu?

Who is this Prince Han Di Wang who had on his shirt embroideries of a phoenix and a golden dragon?

He is the prince of the Ice Island. It is a secret island known only in Jiang-hu as if in a fairy tale as no one had ever managed to find the island except for a few fishermen who was stranded there by the storm and they were helped by powerful men, residents of the Ice Island, an island of ice where there is a beautiful palace and a small kingdom populated with magical/powerful men. After they were saved and helped, and got back to the mainland, it was the fishermen who told this fairy tale like story that made the name of the island famous in Jiang-hu.

The Kingdom of the Ice Island was built by a prince, hundreds of years ago. A very capable prince, considered as a rebel for daring to oppose the will of the emperor, and because of that the prince with his family had become fugitives. With his abilities, he managed to escape with his family to the east coast and fled using a ship to find a new home. The island on the east was selected because it was where many capable people from the mainland who fled and seek refuge for daring to oppose the government. It was the Japanese Isles!

By now I realize that HeYanFeng is really, really good at this and I really, really suck at this
    Last edited by kamensilver; 09-22-09 at 07:50 AM. Reason: spaces

anyone knows where the continuation is?

Thanks

So is this dropped. ..