Thread: Creative Artists

Default Creative Artists

Lately, I've been thinking about the topic of creativity a lot. Many have defined creativity as needing to have at least some originality and flexibility.

So I was just wondering, what artists or bands would you consider creative and why?

For me, one band I truly think is creative would be Radiohead - they are very versatile, talented, and produce very interesting and beautiful music. Along that lines, I also like Tool.
    X-Japan would be another one, because I thought that their integration of classical music, Japanese traditional music, and rock is just very amazing.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Lately, I've been thinking about the topic of creativity a lot. Many have defined creativity as needing to have at least some originality and flexibility.

So I was just wondering, what artists or bands would you consider creative and why?

For me, one band I truly think is creative would be Radiohead - they are very versatile, talented, and produce very interesting and beautiful music. Along that lines, I also like Tool.
    X-Japan would be another one, because I thought that their integration of classical music, Japanese traditional music, and rock is just very amazing.
    I'm too lazy to explain in detail, but I'll list who I think are some of the most innovative and influential.

The Velvet Underground
    - One of the most influential band of the 20th century, precursor of punk rock.
    David Bowie - He created Major Tom for crying out loud.
    Iggy Pop - No Iggy, no punk attitude.
    Kraftwerk - Their electronic sound was revolutionary for its time.
    Joy Division - Sounded quite unlike anything that have come before; they defined post-punk.
    New Order - Just for writing Blue Monday, they deserve to be mentioned. Other than that, the band was the first alternative dance group.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I definitely agree with the first three.

The latter I haven't heard much of, and I don't remember what I thought about Joy division.

But I'll go give them a try.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I definitely agree with the first three.

The latter I haven't heard much of, and I don't remember what I thought about Joy division.

But I'll go give them a try.
    Mind you my list is not about taste. I don't listen to The Velvet Underground much if at all, but I know that their music was special and very influential and it goes for the rest (although Joy Division and New Order are my favourite bands).
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Never thought I would ever see Kraftwerk mentioned anywhere again, so it was a pleasant surprise to see them here. Their works are certainly very innovative and.....interesting-sounding. I happened to come across them some time ago and they were certainly very memorable.