View Poll Results: Who would you want to support in your imagination?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiao Yuanshan's nameless Han teacher

8 80.00%
  • Qiu Qianren's teacher, 13th leader of Iron Palm Clan, CHINESE PATRIOT Shangguan Jiannan

2 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teacher War: Xiao Yuanshan's teacher -vs- Qiu Qianren's teacher

Default Teacher War: Xiao Yuanshan's teacher -vs- Qiu Qianren's teacher

Xiao Yuanshan's teacher is a Han Chinese. I think that's the ONLY thing we know about that guy. No mention of his martial arts level.

Qiu Qianren's teacher is ELOC contestant Shangguan Jiannan. He was a major Han patriot. Furthermore, I heard that his martial arts was much weaker than Qiu Qianren.

If Shangguan Jiannan and Xiao Yuanshan's nameless teacher were to fight, who would you want to win in your imagination?
    Quote Originally Posted by CC
    So what if 1000 arrows are targetted at our wuxia hero? LHC's missile breaking stance can deflect thousands of projectiles in 1 stance and send them back to the enemy. The more arrows the better!

I have a bit of starry-eyed syndrome with pre-Shaolin XYS and his feat of beating up the wulin fighters. Solely because of that I voted XYS's teacher.

Xiao Yuanshan's teacher. It was specifically stated in the novel that Shangguan Jiannan's martial arts level was not high, but that people held him in high esteem because he was an extremely loyal Han patriot. Whereas Xiao Yuanshan's teacher must have been exceptionally skilled, to train Xiao Yuanshan to such an incredibly high level. Alas, we know no more about that character.
    Blademaster. Hero. General. He was the best there ever was.
    Butcher. Murderer. Traitor. All that he loved, he had destroyed.
    Matheius Randas.
    That Merciless Blade - Legend of the Arctic Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Xiao Yuanshan's teacher. It was specifically stated in the novel that Shangguan Jiannan's martial arts level was not high, but that people held him in high esteem because he was an extremely loyal Han patriot. Whereas Xiao Yuanshan's teacher must have been exceptionally skilled, to train Xiao Yuanshan to such an incredibly high level. Alas, we know no more about that character.
    If Shangguan Jiannan could train Qiu Qianren despite not being very good, couldn't the same thing happen with XYS's teacher?

But, since XYS is likely stronger than Qiu Qianren, I would say XYS's teacher is stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    If Shangguan Jiannan could train Qiu Qianren despite not being very good, couldn't the same thing happen with XYS's teacher?

But, since XYS is likely stronger than Qiu Qianren, I would say XYS's teacher is stronger.
    Well, it was stated that Qiu Qianren himself improved drastically (much more than his brother), whereas for Xiao Yuanshan, I doubt he would have had much of a chance, since I personally got the impression that he got his martial arts to such a high level in large part because of his teacher.

Which actually begs the question...who is this teacher, who could and would train a Khitan that had the ability to wipe out an entire contingent of relatively powerful martial artists?
    Blademaster. Hero. General. He was the best there ever was.
    Butcher. Murderer. Traitor. All that he loved, he had destroyed.
    Matheius Randas.
    That Merciless Blade - Legend of the Arctic Wolf.

There's a possibility that like father like son, Xiao Yuan San is just as talented as his son.

Xiao Feng's sifus weren't that good (they were among those who would be b!tch-slapped by XYS) yet look at how XF turned out.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."