Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

I watch it yesterday! It was soooo good!

The visuals were great, the acting was great, and the twists in the story was very suspenseful and surprising. The theme of the movie was very dark and disturbing, but the underlying message was very powerful and deep.I guess that i have a newfound respect for Batman now wheras before he was another superhero.

Christian Bale just rocks at Batman/Bruce Wayne! And he is more hotter in here too than the first movie, may I add! He has this certain suave mystery air around him, that I think he would have done great as James Bond if he ever had the chance (which is zero now that Daniel Craig is in the picture )

As for Heath, I was impressed! If no one had told me that it ws Heath Ledger, then I would have never guess that he was under all that makeup cos his acting was top-notch. The way he talked, teh accent, the way he talks and laughs, it wasn;t Heath, It was the Joker straight out of the comics. His screen presence in here is so strong! May he R.I.P!

I thought Aaron was so-so when he first came out, but by one thrid through the movie, he strated attracting my attention too! His character could have been overdone and spoiled by a lesser actor, but he made me feel for his character.

Maggie was ok as Rachel Dawes.It was hard cos she didn't really have that much to do. Her acting was suitable, but I was really annoyed by the way she slouches when she stands and walks. It like she has a weak spine or something. It really distracted me from the romantic scenes cos she;s in this nice flowing evening gown, but then she stands really lazily and it looks very ungraceful. But otherthan that small complaint, nothing elseto say about her.

Morgan Freeman and Micahel Caine were good as usual, but not that much screen time either. But I was impressed by Gary Oldman,always one of my favourite actors but he never seems to get much focus during films unless it is some weird psychopath so it is refreshing to see him in here as a good guy. He is so underrated,

Even though the film was long, I didn;t feel bored at all. It was very suspenseful but the homourcame unexpectedly and itkeeps the story going.

love this story! Hope they make part III!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I was kind of disappointed about the movie. I prefer an action-packed summer movie, but when watching The Dark Knight I didn't get that feeling. What I got was more of a psychological thriller with a lot of dialogue.
    Christian Bale's whispering like he's got the cold is very annoying plus his awkward relationship with Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal) was even more annoying.

When I was watching this movie I had to keep reminding myself that this is a Batman movie because of the darkness and the tone of this film. Although, the acting was superb and Heath Ledger gave a brilliant performance as The Joker this film was too long and I felt myself nodding off a couple of times. It's usually a bad sign when I do that because I usually don't fall asleep during movies.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

3 days (friday to sunday) record breaking defeating Spider-Man 3 record - (151 million)

Industry Source: Dark Knight $153M Fri-Sun Debut

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    I was kind of disappointed about the movie. I prefer an action-packed summer movie, but when watching The Dark Knight I didn't get that feeling.
    Batman & Robin is full of action , and batsuit with nipples LOLLL
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 07-20-08 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Batman & Robin is full of action , and batsuit with nipples LOLLL
    Heh, I didn't like Batman and Robin either, that's probably one of the worst Batman movies thus far. Sure it has a lot of action, but the acting was stiff and a lot of cheesy dialogues.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Its official:

Official WB Est: Dark Knight $155.34M 3 day debut (fri-sun)

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Maggie was ok as Rachel Dawes.It was hard cos she didn't really have that much to do. Her acting was suitable, but I was really annoyed by the way she slouches when she stands and walks. It like she has a weak spine or something. It really distracted me from the romantic scenes cos she;s in this nice flowing evening gown, but then she stands really lazily and it looks very ungraceful. But otherthan that small complaint, nothing elseto say about her.
    I am irritated with her slouching too! And her age definitely shows in closeups but I guess that is alright...except her posture.

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are still my fav in the movie, aside from Christian Bale.

I wonder what will happen if they plan III. Find another actor for Joker or kill him off and send in other villains?

Enjoyed the movie but I still prefer Batman Begins. And I wish the person sitting behind me would keep her feet from the back of my seat.

They aren't sure if they'll make a third one.

If they do, people are saying that they'd include The Riddler. I sincerely hope they won't recast. Though along with The Joker, if they made a third one, it would make sense to include Harley Quinn.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Maggie is a better actress, but I find her a bit b***chy in the movie. She doesn't need to use that tone of voice with Harvey and Bruce. The guys are the ones who are chasing her right.

And yeah, her posture. I wonder why she slouches so much. Does she have backpain?

I hope they can bring Catwoman back one day.

We went to watch it today....ok, technically yesterday, since it's now early morning, and it was fantastic. I'm not really going to go into details, but everything was pretty much top-notch. The ending was good, but pretty sad and dark.

It would be hard to make a third one. Topping this one should be a big challenge.
    Last edited by jadebunny9; 07-21-08 at 06:39 PM.

Saw it today. Great movie though the ending could confuse some people. I seriously didn't believe it was Heath Ledger playing the Joker most of the time, which shows how good of an actor he is. I also like how the city does think of Batman as an outlaw vigilante, unlike the previous films where the city just accepts him.

saw it today. It was a good movie, a very good one in terms of it being a pop culture film.. I like how it explored the darker side of human nature.. and it does show the physiological as well as pyschological sufferings that batman actually goes through. I always thought batman was a great hero, but not super hero like Superman or SPiderman. This movie really portrayed Batman's humane side and how he remains a hero even thru what had all happened. ( a sharp contrast what happened to Harvey)

I also love the ferry boat scenes where the civilians and criminals were forced to pick on who to kill.

I love how The Joker were written in this one. IT is actually a better representaion of what joker really is compared to the one in Tim Burton's one. SUch a shame that Heath can't reprise his role.

Kudo's for Christian as well. He made a fine batman.. and I would disagree of anyone who would said Heath outshone Christian in acting. I would say, Batman's character and mentality were already developed in Batman Begin. This time, it is more on whether Batman should stop being who he is so an actual White Knight like Harvey, can take his place and lead the people of Gotham withouth having to wear a mask.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

christian bale is so sexy.

Personally, I didn't think Christian Bale was all that good. He was sufficient as batman but his voice (as Batman) was getting on my nerves. I could deal with it though. I thought Maggie G was a poor choice -no need to elaborate.

Anyway, EXCELLENT film! Heath Ledger is King.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii View Post
    Personally, I didn't think Christian Bale was all that good. He was sufficient as batman but his voice (as Batman) was getting on my nerves. I could deal with it though. I thought Maggie G was a poor choice -no need to elaborate.

Anyway, EXCELLENT film! Heath Ledger is King.
    I didn't get why people didn't like his voice. He's supposed to sound angry and rough to express his anger and to conceal his real identity.

As for Maggie, I still think she's a way better choice than Katie Holmes.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

You can sound angry without having to sound so muffled. Imo, it could've been done in a more subtle way. Other than that, he wasn't so bad -alot of people on imdb are actually bagging his acting out but I wouldn't go that far. He did what was needed I guess.

Maggie is better than Katie I agree, but I still felt her voice was irritating -very Valleygirl/Californian beach girl.

I think he would have done great as James Bond if he ever had the chance (which is zero now that Daniel Craig is in the picture )
    *cough* Daniel Craig *cough* worst Bond ever.

I was totally freaked out when I saw the advertisement for the Dark Knight while watching Get Smart. I must say, although disturbing and scary and well, scary, the whole movie ran along nicely.
    Seriously though, Rachel could have been the hunchback of Notre Dame. Personally I think Batman should dump her.

Jeneshii - agreed about Christian Bale's Batman voice...and he's an excellent actor but I thought he was better in Batman Begins, and no doubt Heath Ledger stole the show. I love how his portrayal was so different from Jack Nicholson's. Fantastic brilliant amazing portrayal. As a big fan of the comics, I would say that he WAS the Joker.

I like Maggie Gyllenhaal a lot and she's a much more capable actress than Katie Holmes (who I hate btw...I can't stand the Katie fans all like "OMG she's way hotter than that ugly Maggie"), but I think in The Dark Knight didn't offer much for Maggie to work with, except for one scene which I won't mention for those who haven't seen the movie yet. But for those who can guess what scene I'm talking about, I couldn't picture Katie Holmes pulling that one off so thank god they replaced her with Maggie. I mean, in Batman Begins you really get a sense that morally, Rachel's a driving force for Bruce.

Well, I disagree about Bale being worse here. You have to understand that the focus is more towards Joker this time around ( and honestly, i think Heath is a ranked higher than Bale in Hollywood). Batman already established his character in the first one, the script writer dont' need alot of scenes just focusing on batman this time around.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Well, I disagree about Bale being worse here. You have to understand that the focus is more towards Joker this time around ( and honestly, i think Heath is a ranked higher than Bale in Hollywood). Batman already established his character in the first one, the script writer dont' need alot of scenes just focusing on batman this time around.
    not worse, but pretty much the good guys were overshadowed by the two villians (ledger & eckhart).