Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiona Leung (梁艺龄)

her role in State of Divinity 1996 was not my cup of tea. Ren Ying Ying was suppose to have a more 'evil' feel since she came from an evil sect but Fiona was way to nice and mature. didn't really feel like a Ren Ying Ying.

Rage and Passion was good but the film it self was not. It felt more like a vehicle for Ekin then Fiona.

I had always believe one of the reason's TVB was losing its artist was because of HK being returned to China in 1997.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

the character ren ying ying is supposed to be somewhat evil and such and I think Fiona did portray that in the beginning in the fight against the members of shaolin . she did appear nice and kind after that but it was not because of her lack of ability to act evil but thhats how the producer wanted her to act. I don't know I heard others write she wssnt that great of a fit for the charafter too so I guess it depends on your preference.

China is definitely attracting talent from hk actors I think due to their bigger budgets and opportunities. I think tvb has gone down hi'll and ma y not last forever

hey tangoki...

the picture
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5045/4f5fb80e2ac49ec736d122c.jpg')

I think is for Justice Bao TVB version.

mv on tudou
    http://www.tudou.com/listplay/u_ADtF...vh6HPfAQk.html

I've seen this before, i only realised it after i watched the mv. it was an okay story.

I totally Love Fiona as ying Ying, she is my favorite to date! I think it was more of her clothes and hairstyle that did make it miss the total package! I must admit that her hair was so not flattering and the clothes was so plain for her Maiden role! But her Ren Ying Ying was pretty well done!

I use to have a collection of Fiona pics, very rare one too, but my hard drive crashed and couldn't save them!

Linda thanks so much for looking that up for me! I have to say you are the one of the most resourceful people on this forum ! I do remember watching that show but yea it was just okay not very memorable.

IloveMimiLO : I totally agree with you on her role as Ren Ying Ying. She was wonderful but her hair and clothing could have been a little more appealing. Actually if you want a collection of photos the biggest one I ever seen was taken from this vietnamese forum site : http://www.dienanh.net/forums/showth...Luong-Boi-Linh , has her photos from almost every show I think and her media appearances! I was shocked to see how much they had of her.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoki View Post
    Linda thanks so much for looking that up for me! I have to say you are the one of the most resourceful people on this forum ! I do remember watching that show but yea it was just okay not very memorable.

IloveMimiLO : I totally agree with you on her role as Ren Ying Ying. She was wonderful but her hair and clothing could have been a little more appealing. Actually if you want a collection of photos the biggest one I ever seen was taken from this vietnamese forum site : http://www.dienanh.net/forums/showth...Luong-Boi-Linh , has her photos from almost every show I think and her media appearances! I was shocked to see how much they had of her.

Thanks you very much, I will sure to check it out. The Photo Linda posted I don't think that is from justice Pao, i think that is from a tele movie by TVB called Iron butterflies, Maple Hui and Wayne Lai were also in it. Linda thanks for the vid link, bring back so many memories! She looks so beautiful in the MV.

yeah i realized it was the wrong show as well. i was trying to find it again.

i think i got mixed up because of the word butterfly, since her name in Justice Bao was butterfly as well...from memory...

dienanh.net is a Vietnamese site. they've got lots of old stuff there. i think their old site had a lot more.

tangoki...because of you I've been re-watching all her films again...in fast motion. brings back all the love. ^_^

Hmm hey IloveMimiLo I dont know if it is Iron Butterflies either... i googled it and it looked to be a modern series and this is in an ancient series so not sure if it is that show either... does anyone know what those chinese characters say??
    But yes that music video was really nice, one of the reasons shes my favourite actress shes just looks so elegant and beautiful in those ancient series.

To Linda: that's very sweet of you to have to go through all those series! thanks!! but i think its a good bonus for you since shes such a wonderful actress you can relive the magic haha..
    your lucky for me... only cantonese versions of shows i can find online are SOD 96, Rise of Tiji master, mystery of condor man and rage and passion everything else comes in another language... i recently rewatched a bunch of her series and I definitely felt the love again
    Hey Linda for helping out Ill provide some comical relief, not sure if your a UFC fan but I made edited this poster with my photo in there lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tangoki; 11-28-12 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Error in typing

So sorry I just can't remember the exact title! I remember the Movie and what it's about, but not the title lol. Getting old!

Hey guys she did many lead roles but not too many of the shows were too famous aside from State of Divinity 1996, do you guys think she would could have done better than some of the big names at the time? Like replacing Kitty Lai in Heaven Sword and dragon sabre 1986? Or taking on the big role of Hung Rong instead of Athena in Legend of condor hero 94? Perhaps if she did one of those shows her stardom would have been increased. I would have casted her as little dragon girl too!!

Quote Originally Posted by tangoki View Post
    Hey guys she did many lead roles but not too many of the shows were too famous aside from State of Divinity 1996, do you guys think she would could have done better than some of the big names at the time? Like replacing Kitty Lai in Heaven Sword and dragon sabre 1986? Or taking on the big role of Hung Rong instead of Athena in Legend of condor hero 94? Perhaps if she did one of those shows her stardom would have been increased. I would have casted her as little dragon girl too!!
    I personally wish she was XLN with louis koo back in the 90's . She did win award for her acting after TVB when she did Hero never dies. But I think she peek into it after her youth and it is harder to get notice at her age back then, unless she was a martial artist.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    I think Fiona had many memorable roles, for me at lease, Ren Ying Ying in SOD 96, Lum Chai Ying in Rage and Passion, Princess Fragrance in Book and sword ( When i first notice her) and she also played the beautiful wife of Huang Rong's father. TVB in the early 2000 was falling out of all their artist, only a few good one stayed and the rest are just mediocre at best.
    Ah I first saw her in book and the sword too. I thought she was very pretty as princess fragrance. My favorite role that Fiona play was in rage and passion. I thought she did a very good job and had very good chemistry with Ekin.

She was really good in the black sabre playing the vengeful girl. She show the emotions really well. She started off coming from a rich family, then loses everything, then I think she marries Jimmy to get revenge on Hugo.

In Justice Pao, she plays a pair of twins and did a really good job.

I love her role as Ren Ying Ying, she is really pretty and I love her clothes and hairstyle so much!Her performance also awesome

What is she up to now a days? Her last role I saw was in Needing you with Andy Lau and Sammi.

I saw her new advertisement recently. She still young &pretty!
    You can click https://www.facebook.com/janeclareof...0050507023831/ to watch it