Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allergies.

Default Allergies.

So, we are all talking about the foods we love or hate to eat... out of curiousity, what foods are you allergic to? I am allergic to nuts - very annoying.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    So, we are all talking about the foods we love or hate to eat... out of curiousity, what foods are you allergic to? I am allergic to nuts - very annoying.
    Ahhh....which kind of nuts? I mean the edible version....

I'm physically allergy to crabs (but ooohhhh yummy!). Whenever I eat them, I get some sort of rashes on my hands, doesn't matter how it is cooked. The rash itches. Crabs......the edible and non-edible versions both made me love and afraid of them
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 07-10-08 at 01:04 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Not food, but I'm allergic to the combination of a specific shampoo and a specific lotion. Whenever I use them in conjunction, I get dry swollen lips.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Ahhh....which kind of nuts? I mean the edible version....

I'm physically allergy to crabs (but ooohhhh yummy!). Whenever I eat them, I get some sort of rashes on my hands, doesn't matter how it is cooked. The rash itches. Crabs......the edible and non-edible versions both made me love and afraid of them
    I am allergic to...

Hazelnuts
    Almonds
    Peanuts
    Walnuts
    Tree nuts
    Pecans
    Cashew
    Macadamia

And even though it's not really a nut, I think I'm allergic to Coconut. Gotta have that checked out...
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    I am allergic to...

Hazelnuts
    Almonds
    Peanuts
    Walnuts
    Tree nuts
    Pecans
    Cashew
    Macadamia

And even though it's not really a nut, I think I'm allergic to Coconut. Gotta have that checked out...
    Most of them are the expensive nuts. Well, I think you're safe with coconut. Among your list, 4 of them don't have a "-nut".
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes.......I can't stop sneezing if I smell the really strong ones. As for food, so far I don't think I'm allergic to anything yet.

I was born with an allergy to egg-whites. I had to watch what I ate, especially home-made baked goods. By accident, I found I wasn't allergic anymore a few years ago. I had my first piece of lemon-meringue pie ever. It was also my last piece...yuck!
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    I was born with an allergy to egg-whites. I had to watch what I ate, especially home-made baked goods. By accident, I found I wasn't allergic anymore a few years ago. I had my first piece of lemon-meringue pie ever. It was also my last piece...yuck!
    lol Hey John, howdy! Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    lol Hey John, howdy! Where have you been?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIwzGtlHOwo
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Food allergies come and go for me.
    The current one is ... squid/cuttlefish.
    But I'm OK with other seafood.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I'm allergies if I eat hot food and hot weather. If I'm pungency, my face is looked red. and if hot weather, and I feel is really really hot, my skin will red freckled visible. its very itch. But it consist 5 or 10 minutes until my body is feeling cold and the red freckled will gone.

My lips swell up whenever I have any sort of Seafood. No fair, I love SEAFOOD!

I know I can't take broad bean. Never taken one but I have been informed that in severe cases, acute kidney failure can happen.

I have a few other non-food allergies and the reactions vary from rashes to difficulties in breathing. It's no surprise some friends joke that I am Lin Dai Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    My lips swell up whenever I have any sort of Seafood. No fair, I love SEAFOOD!
    that truly sucks. All types of seafood? So do you still eat them and nurse the swelling later?

My cousin is allergic to egg, nuts, and milk. He's only one year old so he'll grab anything so you really have to keep a close eye on him. Also his brother is almost 3 so he wants to eat whatever his brother is. He had to have an eggless, milkless, nutless, birthday cake for his first birthday.
    I'm allergic to a few types of pollen, dust, and mold.
    Allergies are so annoying!
    Last edited by Guo Xiang ( :; 07-17-08 at 07:41 PM.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

I don't think I'm allergic to anything that I know of.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Not food, but I'm allergic to the combination of a specific shampoo and a specific lotion. Whenever I use them in conjunction, I get dry swollen lips.
    same. not lotion, but certain lip products. it's a ****ing ***** and i never had it before it started out when i was 14.. i was using Bath & Body Work lip balm when my lips started getting swollen and the skin felt..grainy? idk and after that experience, my lips has never been the same i almost alwys have to have vaseline or other lip balm/gloss on them or else, it starts getting really really dry. poor lips

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather View Post
    I know I can't take broad bean. Never taken one but I have been informed that in severe cases, acute kidney failure can happen.

I have a few other non-food allergies and the reactions vary from rashes to difficulties in breathing. It's no surprise some friends joke that I am Lin Dai Yu.
    Have you been tested for G6PD Deficiency?
    Besides being allergic to broadbeans, people with G6PD Deficiency are also allergic to a number of medications, etc, in a life-threatening way.
    More info on G6PD here: http://www.g6pd.org/favism/english/index.mv

I have several students at school (I'm a teacher) who have G6PD Deficiency, and have to watch what they eat during recess and lunch.

HYS
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    same. not lotion, but certain lip products. it's a ****ing ***** and i never had it before it started out when i was 14.. i was using Bath & Body Work lip balm when my lips started getting swollen and the skin felt..grainy? idk and after that experience, my lips has never been the same i almost alwys have to have vaseline or other lip balm/gloss on them or else, it starts getting really really dry. poor lips
    Wa 999 posts already

I am more allergic to smoke and pollen rather than any foods.

BearBear is it just broad beans, what about drugs and other foods?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

I used to be allergic to asparagus, but not any more. I'm so glad I'm not allergic to seafood!

You think being "too clean" can backfire?

I know a couple who are meticulously clean with their babies - wash hands whenever they pick them up, friends and family no touch, don't let kids touch anything outside... both of their babies turned out to be the most allergic kids I know - allergy to nuts, eggs, wheat & barley, milk, some red meat, seafood... everything except rice, white meat and simple vegetable.

Another couple went the mile to rinse all cutlery and bowls in ethanol at restaurants. Their young son died of mumps.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.