Thread: Who would make the best Thor?

Default Who would make the best Thor?

Hollywood will be making another superhero movie soon under Marvel Production --Thor, the God of Thunder. However, last I heard, the lead role has not yet been cast.

Rumors point to pro-wrestler Triple H of WWE, and Brad Pitt as contenders for the role.

I'm leaning towards Triple H on this one. Who do you think wil be better? Other news on the film will be welcome in this thread as well

Neither Triple H or Brad Pitt

I think Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson should have the role.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

arnold schwarzaneggar

^ Too bad that's not happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    Neither Triple H or Brad Pitt

I think Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson should have the role.
    Uh... Thor is based on a god from Norse mythology. The Rock doesn't look Germanic at all, even if he'd dyed his hair blond.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Brad Pitt should be Donald Blake and HHH should be Thor ^-^

I really struggle to come up with a muscular blond actor from Hollywood... maybe they have better luck casting some Eastern European actors, like the guy that plays Buliwyf in 13th Warrior.

One thing I'd like to see though... if Odin is in the film... give me Sean Connery!
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Uh... Thor is based on a god from Norse mythology. The Rock doesn't look Germanic at all, even if he'd dyed his hair blond.
    Hollywood nowdays doesn't care about being truthful to the origins of one's character as long as they could secure a huge superstar who could attract audiences that's all they care about.

For instance the CatWoman character was originally caucasian, however in the latest flop remake she was African-American.
    Last edited by MrPhotastic; 07-18-08 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    Hollywood nowdays doesn't care about being truthful to the origins of one's character as long as they could secure a huge superstar who could attract audiences that's all they care about.

For instance the CatWoman character was originally caucasian, however in the latest flop remake she was African-American.
    Yeah but with Catwoman, as long as she wear a cat suit, it's acceptable enough; it's a woman that acts like a cat, therefore Catwoman. With Spiderman, the minimum is to cast a man then make him wear a spider-web costume. Superman has to be a man with a cape, etc. With Thor there's no way you can cast a non-white actor because Thor is a Norsman. If you don't follow that minimum accuracy, you might as well cast Jamie Foxx as Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post
    Brad Pitt should be Donald Blake and HHH should be Thor ^-^

I really struggle to come up with a muscular blond actor from Hollywood... maybe they have better luck casting some Eastern European actors, like the guy that plays Buliwyf in 13th Warrior.

One thing I'd like to see though... if Odin is in the film... give me Sean Connery!
    hey, that's an excellent suggestion! expensive for the producers though , anyways, Marvel made a killing with Iron Man and Incredible Hulk recently so I guess its but reasonable to spend a bit for a quality movie huh?

Yeah but with Catwoman, as long as she wear a cat suit, it's acceptable enough; it's a woman that acts like a cat, therefore Catwoman. With Spiderman, the minimum is to cast a man then make him wear a spider-web costume. Superman has to be a man with a cape, etc. With Thor there's no way you can cast a non-white actor because Thor is a Norsman. If you don't follow that minimum accuracy, you might as well cast Jamie Foxx as Hitler.
    yup, you're right. It's a good thing Marvel started taking charge of productions involving their superheroes so at least us fans can be assured that they wont mess up the original plots so much

If you don't follow that minimum accuracy, you might as well cast Jamie Foxx as Hitler.
    I don't have a problem with that as long as it's a comedy.

Val Kilmer.

...or this guy
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.seaoftranquility.org/images/reviews/T/thor_dvd.jpg')
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    ...or this guy
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.seaoftranquility.org/images/reviews/T/thor_dvd.jpg')
    LOL, who is that, Marc Singer? or Lex Luger

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    Val Kilmer.

...or this guy
    AN-THOR-LOGY