Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: How many of you were veterans of the old Yushy Wuxia Forums before coming here?

Default OT: How many of you were veterans of the old Yushy Wuxia Forums before coming here?

Years have gone by and online handles have changed, so I've forgotten: who else here (besides me) was an old veteran of the Yushy Wuxia Forum (which finally expired in early 2007) before coming to SPCNET?

Banned

no idea, my question is what exactly is SPCnet? lol i just randomly happened to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Years have gone by and online handles have changed, so I've forgotten: who else here (besides me) was an old veteran of the Yushy Wuxia Forum (which finally expired in early 2007) before coming to SPCNET?
    Me, you, CC, Candide, Moin, Lav, Athena, Meh, FaQ, Bai44 (except he changed his handle a few times), flyingfox2000 (he changed his handle a few times too), ......

who else? probaly minutemanwayne

Sheraldine came later to SPCNET and was a veteran at the other forum.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

If you are mentioning the same place as cinple.net or winglin.net, count me in.

I was old enough to remember the merging of Jin Yong and Gu Long forums into one.

In fact, I was such a loyal fan to that place, I refused to come to spcnet until that place officially died.

I miss that forum and the other old TVB forums as well as others. Spcnet is nice as well, with its own plus and minuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Me, you, CC, Candide, Moin, Lav, Athena, Meh, FaQ, Bai44 (except he changed his handle a few times), flyingfox2000 (he changed his handle a few times too), ......

who else? probaly minutemanwayne

Sheraldine came later to SPCNET and was a veteran at the other forum.

Han Solo
    Oh, wow, FaQ, haven't heard from in a long time. Is she under another persona in spcnet? The same FaQ with the White Haired Bride translations right?

i was a lurker for quite a while in the old forums as well until towards the end. the whole wuxia riddles thing was an idea i brought over from the old forums as well.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

It's been a long time. I already forgot that it was called Yushy.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I was also there before the merging of GL and JY forum. Of course, I was not known as Kidd back then.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Is that old forum still up? Not too long ago I realized I still have the bookmark in my browser (even though I've gone thru two browser versions since... the bookmarks just carried over) so I tried it and the forum seems to no longer be up anymore.

Anyway, I was LWC over there before I grew a tail and started flying. Started there when I began working out of college. I never came here to spc until '03. Come to think of it, I better stop posting as much as I did when I find a new job. I was some bored during work back then and posted so much.

Is FaQ here? I doubt it. She actually listens to my SOD audio adaptation hah. It's up to part 7 now Queenie (in case you are here).
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Is that old forum still up? Not too long ago I realized I still have the bookmark in my browser (even though I've gone thru two browser versions since... the bookmarks just carried over) so I tried it and the forum seems to no longer be up anymore.
    It gave up the ghost in January, 2007. The last few months of its existence were rather sad: I fought a losing war against viral SPAMmers.

Me too. I loved those forums, they were the only english GL discussion boards I could find at the time.

BaiQ (Jason) had informed us that FaQ had given up on wuxia thingie for some time now.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

That forum's outmoded tree-diagram format did lend itself well to certain kinds of discussions that V-Bulletin, for all its fancy doo das, can't quite replicate.

Edmund Lau, Kwok, and Kenny were also stalwarts at that forum. Edmund and Kenny were already quite well-established there when I first showed up in the spring of 1999.

Guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    BaiQ (Jason) had informed us that FaQ had given up on wuxia thingie for some time now.

Han SOlo
    She must be concentrating on commanding her faeries to take over the world.

That's too bad. She was cool. I used to tease her on her queen status and she'd take it with good humor.
    This account is retired.

That's too bad. She was cool. I used to tease her on her queen status and she'd take it with good humor.
    I remember drooling over her pic as a young adolescent teen back when everyone posted their pics on the old forum. I wonder if that one site still exists with everyone's pic on it ...
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Is Queenie still poking people around with her needles?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Is Queenie still poking people around with her needles?
    Not anymore. She was never the same again after I thwarted her with my Hong Queene 18 Palms.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    I remember drooling over her pic as a young adolescent teen back when everyone posted their pics on the old forum. I wonder if that one site still exists with everyone's pic on it ...
    Oh yeah? I don't remember what she looks like. She is hot huh?
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    I still got the photos in my laptop. FaQ was hot. Will post next time.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control