47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiao "LDA blasting" Feng & Zhang "Real Man" Sanfeng

39 82.98%
  • Guo "Sophisticated" Jing & Zhang "Let's settle this peacefully" Wuji

8 17.02%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Feng & Zhang Sanfeng -vs- Guo Jing & Zhang Wuji

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Of course, he never fought another Greats-level fighter either (what I call "Dook Goo Kau Bai Syndrome"). The only such potential opponent available was Cheung 3 Fung, and Mo Gei and Grandteacher weren't going to rumble.
    We don't know who DGQB fought, so how can you name the syndrome of not fighting a great-level fighter after him?

The fact that only ZSF was really in the same tier as him shows how bad ZWJ is at fighting. He can manage to lose or have trouble with fighters considerably weaker than him. XF, on the other hand, is a natural fighter, and even if he may be weaker in internal or arts than his opponents, he can find a way to win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    ZWJ is more of a burden than help, even i cant help GJ here
    huh? zhang wu ji is more powerful thatn Guo Jing. he knows the Complete scripture of 9 yang, and he has 7th level QKDNY, + taichi fist/sword and the ming cult scepter martial arts, all of these are top level skills.

Quote Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
    huh? zhang wu ji is more powerful thatn Guo Jing. he knows the Complete scripture of 9 yang, and he has 7th level QKDNY, + taichi fist/sword and the ming cult scepter martial arts, all of these are top level skills.
    huh? guo jing is more powerful than Zhang Wuji. he knows the Complete scripture of 9 yin, he has high level XL18Z, + quan zhen martial arts and left/right technique, all of those are top level skills.
    Last edited by ChanceEncounter; 07-15-08 at 11:49 PM.

^ 9 Yin.

The thing is that Guo Jing can actually perform decently well against others of the same level, but ZWJ sometimes can't even beat people who are supposed to be weaker than him.

Guo Jing will definitely lose to Xiao Feng.

So at any rate he should NOT fight Xiao Feng.

How about:

Zhang San Feng + Zhang Wuji VS. Xiao Feng + Guo Jing?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Guo Jing will definitely lose to Xiao Feng.

So at any rate he should NOT fight Xiao Feng.

How about:

Tai Chi'ers vs. Hong Lung 18 Palmers? Sounds like an interesting matchup, although once again I sense a ferocity imbalance in favor of Team Hong Lung Palms.

Among these four, however, I don't think anybody *necessarily* loses to anybody else (well, OK...Cheung Mo Gei would almost certainly lose to Kiu Fung, but I'll bet at least one person would be able to come up with a fairly convincing argument that Mo Gei could win).

Among these four, however, I don't think anybody *necessarily* loses to anybody else (well, OK...Cheung Mo Gei would almost certainly lose to Kiu Fung, but I'll bet at least one person would be able to come up with a fairly convincing argument that Mo Gei could win).
    OK maybe I should put it this way:

Xiao Feng will never lose to Guo Jing.

And Yang Guo too, if you wish.

Out of XF, GJ, ZWJ, ZSF... I daresay Xiao Feng has the worst internal.

Z3F and ZWJ would be able to fend themselves from XF and GJ with their Taiji and QKDNY until XF is dry...

Right. Nice try.

Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

How about:

This one sounds more fun.

ZWJ never had to deal with palm strength anywhere near XF's power and Z3F would be extremely pleased to witness GJ's 1 man Big Dipper formation.

I thought XF has this 30%-to-counter-100% skill or something...

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    ZWJ never had to deal with palm strength anywhere near XF's power and Z3F would be extremely pleased to witness GJ's 1 man Big Dipper formation.
    HAHAHAHA

The thing I don't like about PJ's original team assignments is that the Gwok Jing + Cheung Mo Gei team is comprised by two guys who are, in some ways, too similar. They're hardly identical to each other, of course, but I feel that Gwok Jing and Cheung Mo Gei's skill sets and temperaments don't complement each other well.

Here's an NBA analogy. Imagine a game of two-on-two between these players at their peaks: one team is Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd, and the other team is Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Sounds interesting, right? Four All-Star/Hall-of-Fame caliber guards.

But the Jordan/Bryant team would blitzkrieg the Magic/Kidd team.

Why? Is it because Magic and Kidd aren't as good as basketball players as Jordan and Kobe? Well, not necessarily, but Jordan and Kobe are scorers while Magic and Kidd are playmakers. In a game of two-on-two, the scenario greatly favors the scorers.

Now let's shuffle the deck: Magic and Kobe vs. Jordan and Kidd. NOW we have a much more balanced and interesting matchup: one king playmaker and one spectacular scorer on each side. That's a competition!

For that reason, I would avoid pairing Cheung Mo Gei with any fighter who isn't known for ferocity, and neither Gwok Jing nor Cheung 3 Fung were known for being ferocious fighters.

HAHAHAHA
    You do know that GJ was using this even in LOCH right? In the latter half of the story, the 65% of a Great GJ was able to give QQR a scare because the Big Dipper theories that GJ had just comprehended and applied increased GJ's apparent power.

Against the Mongolian Warriors, he was able to hold his own and escape because of this too (too bad he had to come back to pick up YG).

So I'm not sure what you're laughing about.

In the revised hypothetical matchup from KC, I'd say that the skill-set is too close. It's unlikely either team could triumph over the other one quickly so it comes down to stamina. GJ (because of 9 Yin), XF (because he's XF) and ZWJ (because of his youth and 9 Yang) have similar stamina so the lagging person would be ZSF (because of his age). After a really long and protracted battle, the edge should go to XF+ZWJ assuming they all fought top-form.

HOWEVER, if we give both teams to do a little discussion before-hand, the match is in ZSF+GJ's favour. Both familiar with top-notch Taoist formation theory. It'd be hard for them NOT to figure out something that would enable the two to fight at better than 2x(GJ,ZWJ,XF,ZSF) levels.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 07-16-08 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    You do know that GJ was using this even in LOCH right? In the latter half of the story, the 65% of a Great GJ was able to give QQR a scare because the Big Dipper theories that GJ had just comprehended and applied increased GJ's apparent power.

Against the Mongolian Warriors, he was able to hold his own and escape because of this too (too bad he had to come back to pick up YG).

I think IcyFox thinks the paradox of a "1 Man Formation" is funny...kind of like "1 Man Band."

It's an oxymoron, but it works.

It certainly isn't "HAHAHAH" funny, though. It's not even "heh" funny.

Xiao Feng never had to match against a supreme formation. However, he did fight the powerful combination of Murong Fu's supreme techniques and You Tanzhi's superior and weird internal. Xiao Feng would have lost. Who else in DGSD did Xiao Feng fight that could have been a (close) match for Murong Fu and You Tanzhi?
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 07-16-08 at 02:28 AM.

Of course, he never fought another Greats-level fighter either (what I call "Dook Goo Kau Bai Syndrome"). The only such potential opponent available was Cheung 3 Fung, and Mo Gei and Grandteacher weren't going to rumble.
    Why so many attacks on DGQB, Ken? This statement is unsubstantiated, and you still want to take your shot at poor old Sword Demon

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post

I think IcyFox thinks the paradox of a "1 Man Formation" is funny...kind of like "1 Man Band."

It's an oxymoron, but it works.

It certainly isn't "HAHAHAH" funny, though. It's not even "heh" funny.

HAHAHAHA I don't know what came over me dude... I just found it crazily hilarious all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Xiao Feng never had to match against a supreme formation. However, he did fight the powerful combination of Murong Fu's supreme techniques and You Tanzhi's superior and weird internal. Xiao Feng would have lost. Who else in DGSD did Xiao Feng fight that could have been a (close) match for Murong Fu and You Tanzhi?

LOL if you put ZWJ in XF's place he would be dead long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    LOL if you put ZWJ in XF's place he would be dead long time ago
    RE: If ZWJ had to fight YTZ+MRF

Actually, that would be interesting to see.

Since ZWJ had QKDNY, he should be able to "see" the weakness in MRF's techniques. He is also able to shift the two opponent's attacks onto each other.

ZWJ also had 9-yang. He might be able to counter YTZ's icy chi, since he can counter the XM elders'.
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 07-16-08 at 04:57 AM.