Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOCH 08

Default LOCH 08

So...

Anybody catch the new LOCH 08?

I just watched through episode 17.

So they have an interesting way of presenting this movie. They have alot of flashbacks. Like, the movie starts out with Qiu Chu Ji mourning the death of the father of Gou JIng and Yang Kang, and it immediately went to a flash back to how they were met and blah blah blah....
    So there's alot of flashback like that throughout the series...kind of interesting.

They also took the liberty in adding ALOT of extra scenes taht weren't in the novel.

THey had a big LONG drama beetween Yang Tie Xin and Bao Xi Rou that spaned like 5 or 6 long episodes. I thought the TVB one was long and boring but this one is even longer and more boring. Shoot.

THey also put *alot* of emphasis on Yang Kang...... Jesus christ... TVB 82' version did that as well.....and they are doing it again in this version and its longer!!!!

So far its not bad. I like it. Surprisingly the fighting is also pretty good and its all hand to hand combat(so far).

Leung Ga Yan is funny as hell as Hong 7 Gong!!!!! That guy cracks me up!!!!

I can't wait to see Wong Chau Sung as Dong Xie!!!!!!

Anybody watched it?? Any thoughts??

QF

Yea I saw the ad etc... I will wanna watch it but I doubt its going to be a classic version.

Banned

is the cast any good?

I think during the past decade, the various production companies have been a bit too enthusiastic about adapting Jin Yong's novels. It used to be that we would get an adaptation of any particular Jin Yong story once every ten years or so. Now it seems that every novel is being adapted every other year. Too much of a good thing!

I heard they are currently recruiting the cast for LOCH 2010.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I heard they are currently recruiting the cast for LOCH 2010.
    See what I mean?

I think Jin Yong should have made it a standing rule that if any of his stories are adapted for television, then that story would be off-limits for further adaptation for at least ten years.

Actually, I heard they're experimenting with a new format.

In the future, it will be: LOCH July 2008, LOCH August 2008, LOCH September 2008, and so forth.

忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Actually, I heard they're experimenting with a new format.

In the future, it will be: LOCH July 2008, LOCH August 2008, LOCH September 2008, and so forth.

The sad thing is, that's probably only a *slight* exaggeration.

Is this on BT? Worth waiting over 24 hours to download each episode?

I don't really wanna watch it since I am rewatching LOCH2003 now, and even if I wasn't, it's only been 5 yrs since LOCH2003 was released. Plus LOCH2003 is so faithful to the novel, I've already seen what I wanna see. I probably won't like the new stuff they add because it inevitably changes the story.

I've seen the trailer, it appears YK becomes an elite general and kf fighter... How blah. It's like how TVB Linked Cities '89 made Wang Xiao Feng the final villain for a final battle.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Is this on BT? Worth waiting over 24 hours to download each episode?

I don't really wanna watch it since I am rewatching LOCH2003 now, and even if I wasn't, it's only been 5 yrs since LOCH2003 was released. Plus LOCH2003 is so faithful to the novel, I've already seen what I wanna see. I probably won't like the new stuff they add because it inevitably changes the story.

I've seen the trailer, it appears YK becomes an elite general and kf fighter... How blah. It's like how TVB Linked Cities '89 made Wang Xiao Feng the final villain for a final battle.
    Yea the first 20 episodes or so are already on Thunder, not sure bout BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    See what I mean?

I think Jin Yong should have made it a standing rule that if any of his stories are adapted for television, then that story would be off-limits for further adaptation for at least ten years.

Jeez 10 years, thats a bit too long. I can accept once every 3 years, but thats only when they can get a hot cast.

I don't mind them adapting it (regardless of when the last adaptation is) if they are able to properly dedicate the resources, screenwriting, production, and cast for a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Jeez 10 years, thats a bit too long. I can accept once every 3 years, but thats only when they can get a hot cast.
    I maintain the ten year margin: the adaptation of a Jin Yong novel for celluloid should be somethng special...not something that the TV business does every time they're stuck for an idea to fill a one-hour programming timeslot.

is the cast any good?
    Its not bad.... Hu Ge is such a pretty boy, he doesn't seem to be GJ to me.

That chick that is acting as Huang Rong is just eh..... She's not as playful as Barbara Yung or as pretty as Athena Chu(then again, who is? ) or has the elegance of Zhou Xun. She is at best only CUTE.

Leung Ga Yan as North Beggar was a sure hit...MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the LOCH 03 guy!!!!!

Wong Chau Sung as East Heretic was great as well...again, much much much better than LOCH 03 person.

Overall, not a bad casting.

I maintain the ten year margin: the adaptation of a Jin Yong novel for celluloid should be somethng special...not something that the TV business does every time they're stuck for an idea to fill a one-hour programming timeslot.
    I agree. But at least this one they are trying to make it different but still have the same story line. So its not too bad.
    QF

I think during the past decade, the various production companies have been a bit too enthusiastic about adapting Jin Yong's novels. It used to be that we would get an adaptation of any particular Jin Yong story once every ten years or so. Now it seems that every novel is being adapted every other year. Too much of a good thing!
    Do we run out of novels?
    There are still lot and lot of novels from GuLong and other less popular wuxia novelists that still haven't adapt into TV series. I don't get it... Why don't they adapt those less popular novels instead of keep repeating the same ones... Series like "Lethal weapons of love and passion" is not as popular and good as LOCH, ROCH, HSDS,ect... but it is fresh. Everything is new.... They soon will run out of audience if they keep adapting the same novel over and over again..... The audience will be sick of it....

I think even 10 years is still too short...
    I think it is better to explore the novels that haven't adapt into TV series....
    The audiences would definitely want something fresh even though not as great...

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Its not bad.... Hu Ge is such a pretty boy, he doesn't seem to be GJ to me.

That chick that is acting as Huang Rong is just eh..... She's not as playful as Barbara Yung or as pretty as Athena Chu(then again, who is? ) or has the elegance of Zhou Xun. She is at best only CUTE.

Leung Ga Yan as North Beggar was a sure hit...MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the LOCH 03 guy!!!!!

Wong Chau Sung as East Heretic was great as well...again, much much much better than LOCH 03 person.

Overall, not a bad casting.
    QF
    Not bad casting? You've just basically told us that the main leads are blah.

Hu Ge as a pretty boy? What has the world come to.......I don't think he's a bad actor. He just doesn't fit the looks of GJ.

I love Ariel Lin to death, but as much as she can act, she also doesn't fit the role of HR.

I think I'm skipping out this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think even 10 years is still too short...
    I think it is better to explore the novels that haven't adapt into TV series....
    The audiences would definitely want something fresh even though not as great...

Thats not really true... For example theres a new series called umm... 大旗英雄传 adapted from Gu Long. I know of such a series, yet I would not watch it. But if the series was say DGSD or ROCH etc, I would definitely watch it, despite having seen the 2003 and 2006 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Do we run out of novels?
    There are still lot and lot of novels from GuLong and other less popular wuxia novelists that still haven't adapt into TV series. I don't get it... Why don't they adapt those less popular novels instead of keep repeating the same ones... Series like "Lethal weapons of love and passion" is not as popular and good as LOCH, ROCH, HSDS,ect... but it is fresh. Everything is new.... They soon will run out of audience if they keep adapting the same novel over and over again..... The audience will be sick of it....
    honestly, most of the Gu Long storylines just really arn't that great. they're good for a first read because he's pretty good at suspense, but most of the novels, i have no interest in reading again.

but i wouldn't mind rereading things like LOCH, ROCH, etc anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Thats not really true... For example theres a new series called umm... 大旗英雄传 adapted from Gu Long. I know of such a series, yet I would not watch it. But if the series was say DGSD or ROCH etc, I would definitely watch it, despite having seen the 2003 and 2006 versions.
    If you seen the golden 80s classic version of TVB, all others new adaption is secondary...