Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you plan to watch the Olympics opening ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    I almost missed the opening cause I couldn't find the correct channel. NBC is showing everything live right now............too bad I'm sleepy.

The opening was amazing. I feel sorry for London already.
    The end of the opening was particularly awesome.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I'm in the same timezone as Beijing, and the local cable station showed it live. So that's what I watched.

And the same cable station has been showing edited recordings of the opening ceremony on various channels (the station dedicated 11 channels to the Olympics to show the various sporting events) several times in the past 22 hours.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    I'm in the same timezone as Beijing, and the local cable station showed it live. So that's what I watched.

And the same cable station has been showing edited recordings of the opening ceremony on various channels (the station dedicated 11 channels to the Olympics to show the various sporting events) several times in the past 22 hours.
    There are many various edited versions of the Olypmics, due to the time zone differences around the world; I kind of know its going to happen. It's alright, the most important thing is try to show what China has to offer?

999Roses, Don't feel so bad about losing your beauty sleep. Some people in the US, didn't even know the Beijin Olympics even started, lol. Rather flicker to other tv show or movie, I don't blame them; there are some people who's just not interested or even watch tv. My bro was saying the exact thing, "That's not Bush all I see is a monkey!"
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Does anyone know where I can watch or download the Opening Ceremonies? I had to go to a wedding last night so I couldn't watch NBC (I am in Chicago, USA). And with overreliance of reposting on youtube I didn't have anyone Tivo for me. I tried to stream on nbc.com but its only a bunch of clips. Anyone have or know where I can find complete version? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can watch or download the Opening Ceremonies? I had to go to a wedding last night so I couldn't watch NBC (I am in Chicago, USA). And with overreliance of reposting on youtube I didn't have anyone Tivo for me. I tried to stream on nbc.com but its only a bunch of clips. Anyone have or know where I can find complete version? Thanks!
    I am not sure where to get the full version, at the moment. It's somewhere on Chinese websites or someone who would be willing to upload it.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I watched it live on TV. I find watching events afterwards much less thrilling.

My dad was supposed to record the ceremony for me, but he stopped the recording before it reached half way as it was boring! alright not funny. Anyway I downloaded the opening via bt. You can find it by searching on google.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 08-10-08 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    My dad was supposed to record the ceremony for me, but he stopped the recording before it reached half way as it was boring! alright not funny.
    This is typical Asian parent logic:

"I'm not helping you to record it because *I* think it's boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    This is typical Asian parent logic:

"I'm not helping you to record it because *I* think it's boring."
    Hehe yup I agree.

I was a bit surprised but anyway I'm glad that I can still watch it. *grins*
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 08-10-08 at 05:36 AM.

NBC: "China is an authoritarian government so it's not hard to produce 2008 synchronized drummers or thousands of volunteers."

WTF is that suppose to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    NBC: "China is an authoritarian government so it's not hard to produce 2008 synchronized drummers or thousands of volunteers."

WTF is that suppose to mean?
    I'm not surprised.

The Olympics: Unveiling Police State 2.0

So far, the Olympics have been an open invitation to China-bash, a bottomless excuse for Western journalists to go after the Commies on everything from internet censorship to Darfur. Through all the nasty news stories, however, the Chinese government has seemed amazingly unperturbed. That's because it is betting on this: when the opening ceremonies begin friday, you will instantly forget all that unpleasantness as your brain is zapped by the cultural/athletic/political extravaganza that is the Beijing Olympics.

It's easy to see the dangers of a high tech surveillance state in far off China, since the consequences for people like Jun are so severe. It's harder to see the dangers when these same technologies creep into every day life closer to home-networked cameras on U.S. city streets, "fast lane" biometric cards at airports, dragnet surveillance of email and phone calls. But for the global homeland security sector, China is more than a market; it is also a showroom. In Beijing, where state power is absolute and civil liberties non-existent, American-made surveillance technologies can be taken to absolute limits.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-..._b_117403.html
    They are all like dogs with rabies, you know. They will just bite madly at China, never letting it go till it's down and crippled just like it was a century back.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

They are going to take plenty of stabs at China, but I think we (Chinese) are going to care less and less about that because at the end of the day it's whoever has the power that counts. Countries poke fun at America all the time and we (Americans) usually just play along.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」