Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Series Would You Like To See Sequels To?

Default What Series Would You Like To See Sequels To?

What Series Would You Like To See Sequels To? These are all opinions so please don't judge other people. It's your choice of past or present. Any series!!!

Please include WHY you want a sequel to it.

Mines are:

Golden Faith II
    Why: Gallen & Jessica were a fantastic couple. The cast was very cool and outstanding. It was one of the best series I've seen.

Revolving Doors of Vengance II
    Why: Part one was fantastic and I loved how Joe & Ron were in a series together. I want to see that again! It'd also be good if Michael Miu was in it.

Dicey Business II
    Why: Bobby & Bosco were outstanding in part one and the plot was exciting. I want to see more!

Armed Reaction V
    Why: Part four did not explain enough about "Fung" so I want more about him. A new character replacing him would be nice too (Bosco, Kevin, Michael Miu, Lam Bowie, or any other star would be great!). If they do make a part 5, I want Bobby, Joyce, Ada, & Yoyo back! So I definatly want a part 5.

Law Enforcers II
    Why: Law Enforcers one was very exciting and just watching the theme song makes me want a part two.

Vigilante Force II
    Why: The cast from part one was a good choice and I think that it could be done better with Bosco or Kevin. It was also very exciting and had alot of action. So I want to see a sequel.

Angels of Mission II
    Why: The fake rumoured sequel sounded so fantastic! If the main three angels had new recruits (Fala & Ella from the fake rumour) would be so good! It would have been one of the best series for sure!

Fathers and Sons II
    Why: The plot was fantastic for part one and if Bobby would come back for part 2 with the same kids but different cast, I'd love love love love love it!

A Matter of Customs II
    Why: I loved part one and I think they can make a part 2 better. I would want Lam Bowie, Charmaine Sheh, Joe Ma, and Evergreen Mak in this.

There would be more but I don't want to judge them too early yet because some have just recently aired (Forensic Heroes 2, The Speech of Silence, etc..) and some aren't out yet (Moonlight Resonance, The Academy: Full Throttle, Coridal Heroes, Burning Flame 3, etc..). So there is more to come!
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

I'd like for TVB to take a classic series from the 1970s or 1980s and do...not a remake...but an actual SEQUEL or follow-up to the original series. Whatever happened to those characters from series we saw twenty or thirty years ago? Their lives didn't just come to an end because the series did.

Of course, many of the actors who played those original roles have since moved on (i.e. to other careers or, in some cases, even passed away), so TVB would need to get creative. Some of the young characters who were the principals of series made twenty to thirty years ago would now be in late middle/early old age, and the stories would be about their children or even grandchildren.

For example, TVB is making a new series called THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY (i.e. MAN IN THE NET) based on the classic 1979 series of the same name starring Chow Yun Fat and Dodo Cheng. It's supposed to be a remake of the original series with all-new characters (and of course, actors). Instead of doing that, how about a follow-up to the original...thirty years later? Whatever happened to Ching Wai (Chow Yun Fat's character), Fong Hei Man (Dodo Cheng's character), and Ah Chanh (Liu Wai Hung's character)? I'd really like to see a new series that discusses what became of these characters in the thirty years since we last saw them.

I wanted a sequel to Angels of Mission too because I read somewhere that there was an alternate ending where Patrick Tam picked Charmaine as the one he loved. But I'm not sure whether that's accurate news since I haven't seen it anywhere. But if they made a sequel, it would be really cool to pick up from where the picking left off.

I'd like an Armed Reaction V with the original cast, please.

And Detective Investigation Files V with the Louis/Jess/Charm/Anne/Sunny cast. And for Anne's character to die off.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz3 View Post
    I'd like an Armed Reaction V with the original cast, please.

And Detective Investigation Files V with the Louis/Jess/Charm/Anne/Sunny cast. And for Anne's character to die off.
    Heh, me too. I miss the Louis-Jessica & Joyce-Marco couples.

I think Anne's stopped acting though?
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I'd like for TVB to take a classic series from the 1970s or 1980s and do...not a remake...but an actual SEQUEL or follow-up to the original series. Whatever happened to those characters from series we saw twenty or thirty years ago? Their lives didn't just come to an end because the series did.

Of course, many of the actors who played those original roles have since moved on (i.e. to other careers or, in some cases, even passed away), so TVB would need to get creative. Some of the young characters who were the principals of series made twenty to thirty years ago would now be in late middle/early old age, and the stories would be about their children or even grandchildren.

For example, TVB is making a new series called THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY (i.e. MAN IN THE NET) based on the classic 1979 series of the same name starring Chow Yun Fat and Dodo Cheng. It's supposed to be a remake of the original series with all-new characters (and of course, actors). Instead of doing that, how about a follow-up to the original...thirty years later? Whatever happened to Ching Wai (Chow Yun Fat's character), Fong Hei Man (Dodo Cheng's character), and Ah Chanh (Liu Wai Hung's character)? I'd really like to see a new series that discusses what became of these characters in the thirty years since we last saw them.
    I think your idea of a sequel from a series form the 1970's or 1980's is interesting. I've actually imagined how the characters would be. LOL...

Actually, I don't really like remakes ultiamtely because I know the storyline already and there is no suspense unless TVB completely changes the ending. Usually, remakes aren't that good either.

The sequel I really wanted to see was Armed Reaction V many years ago. What happened to Marco's character is still a mystery...

they should do another Justice Sung sequal with Cheung Tat Ming and Dayo Wong...i have to say Justice Sung is one of the best series because all the feedback i get is positive no negative at all..enough part 2 way better than part 1....

they need a sequal to heavenly sword dragon saber 2000
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Revelation of The Last Hero starring Aaron Kwok, Noel Leung, Leung Kar Yan, Fennie Yuen, Ada Choi, Law Lok Lam and Frankie Lam.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Revelation of The Last Hero starring Aaron Kwok, Noel Leung, Leung Kar Yan, Fennie Yuen, Ada Choi, Law Lok Lam and Frankie Lam.
    Great show and cast, but why would you want it to have a sequel? What happens now? Personally, I find it to be one of the best tvb endings. Happy, but not all that corny (well, a bit, but it's still a really satisfying ending ) If there's a sequel, it would only ruin everyone.

Though I must admit, the Mystery of the Twin Swords starring Roger Kwok and Dicky Cheung had a really good ending too, but the sequel actually was quite entertaining; in some aspects, it was actually better than the original. Though some of the characters and aspects were changed quite a bit, the essence of the story and its overall identity was still there and it's great they got most of the cast to come back and didn't have to put in a stand-in for anyone (I think one of the gold and floral sisters were missing, but they handled that situation really well; it also helps that I didn't like the sisters very much.. lol)
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Last One Standing with Roger Kwok and Kevin Cheng
    Detective Investigation V

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    You're joking right? You do know that story belongs to Jin Yong who BAN TVB from making any remakes of his novels right? There already one in the works over in mainland China.... You can't just make up bs and add it into a classic and call it a sequel. That just plain disrespectful.

I agree with Arm Reaction and RDOV.

I kinda want a sequel for RDOV too, but more intense and climatic this time around. The ending to the original was really watered down.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

armed reaction and detective files please!

Golden Faith II for sure.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

I'm glad to see a sequel to Forensic Heroes. I would like to see a sequel to Zu Mountain Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    you're kidding right? LOL. Well chronologically State of Divinity is the series that takes place hundreds of years after the events in HSDS in the JY-verse.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-18-09 at 09:16 PM.

How about a *prequel* to THE BUND?

We never got more than a glimpse into Hui Mun Keung's background pre-Shanghai. He was a student activist protesting against the warlord governments of post-revolutionary China, and was jailed for three years before he began his life as a gangster in Shanghai. There's some story potential right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    How about a *prequel* to THE BUND?

We never got more than a glimpse into Hui Mun Keung's background pre-Shanghai. He was a student activist protesting against the warlord governments of post-revolutionary China, and was jailed for three years before he began his life as a gangster in Shanghai. There's some story potential right there.
    But the prequel would be kind of boring. There'll be no gangster theme to it. it'll be basically about university life and student protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    But the prequel would be kind of boring. There'll be no gangster theme to it. it'll be basically about university life and student protests.
    It depends on how it's written and presented (not that I trust TVB with such things these days). It could concentrate on revolutionary politics and the violence of the police state. We would also see how Hui Mun Keung evolved into the character we know from THE BUND through his experiences in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It depends on how it's written and presented (not that I trust TVB with such things these days). It could concentrate on revolutionary politics and the violence of the police state. We would also see how Hui Mun Keung evolved into the character we know from THE BUND through his experiences in prison.
    I guess so... But who would play HMK? And do you think today's audience would watch a Bund prequel? I wonder if the Shanghai Bund and the Taiseng DVD release of the trilogy generated interest in the Bund again. They could always capitalize on the momentum but sadly there is like zero momentum. There's no promotion. I think TVB would be too scared to make a prequel to Bund trilogy. First there's no interest, second they don't want to diminish the legacy of their greatest product. It's like some people thought the Star Wars prequel trilogy diminished the original Star Wars trilogy legacy.