Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Forum Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I think it would be neat if the members can participate in selecting THE next moderator(s). The process is similar to that of the” Interview with Spcnet Members," where people openly vote for the nominees. Maybe five winners will be selected and get interviewed, and then spcnet and the moderators can vote for the final winner(s).

Spcnet, how many Mods are you looking for?
    LOL! Bella, you should be careful. Tyra Banks and her producers might sue you for copyright infringement, like that Harry Potter writer.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    LOL, are you trying to turn SPCNET into a Reality Forum?
    Yeah, since when did our forum turn into a reality forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Is there an official rulebook on the dos and donts of being a moderator? I am interested, but I would like to know what I am getting into.

BTW, if there is a selecting the next moderator. That would be cool. The forum can probably come up with 5 candidates and of course spcnet will have the final say.
    There's no official guidebook on being a moderator. We do have guidelines on this forum and we try to have everyone follow those simple guidelines. Sometimes our
    mod duty covers weeding out spam adverts and eliminating spam bots at moments notice. Other than that, there's a lot of behind-the-scene things that normal members would not know existed. But I'll leave that to your imagination.

Members can probably volunteer themselves and be voted on by others. However, I think another way is that Admin and mods together can nominate a few members or choose to nominate the volunteers and have the nominee share about their thoughts and opinions about being nominated, and what they can offer as a potential mod. Then SC and us mods will cast our votes.

If you want to be a mod, you still have to post responsibly and can't spam on a regular basis or lead spammish conversations in various threads. I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, just stating the technical aspect of it.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-11-08 at 09:02 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

... With great powers comes great responsibility. Quite a bit of mental burden that may potentially take away some fun.

I think another way is that Admin and mods together can nominate a few members or choose to nominate the volunteers and have the nominee share about their thoughts and opinions about being nominated, and what they can offer as a potential mod. Then SC and us mods will cast our votes.
    That can work. Volunteer or nominate, in the end it should be Spcnet's decision.
    Last edited by expression; 09-11-08 at 09:52 AM.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I think it would be neat if the members can participate in selecting THE next moderator(s). The process is similar to that of the” Interview with Spcnet Members," where people openly vote for the nominees. Maybe five winners will be selected and get interviewed, and then spcnet and the moderators can vote for the final winner(s).

Spcnet, how many Mods are you looking for?
    you know, perhaps instead of doing Mr. Spcnet, we should rally for lovely admin to allow a Mod. SPCnet event :P.

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    3. Besides administering the forum, what else do you do in your pasttime?

Trying new (preferrably cheap) and delicious foods at restaurants. I recently took up biking again but now that the weather's getting colder, I might finally join a gym.
    So, what is your favorite type of food? or anything particularly good that you would like to share with us?
    Furthermore, what qualities do you look for in the restaurants? Price? Service? Taste?
    Last edited by S Beaver; 09-11-08 at 05:13 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    you know, perhaps instead of doing Mr. Spcnet, we should rally for lovely admin to allow a Mod. SPCnet event :P.
    Precious thinks we have capacity to make both happen
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Thanks for reading everyone, and bellamia for organizing all the interviews.

As for moderators, we do have one forum - Travel and Food - that's currently open. I propose "The Moderator Apprentice" so that I can masquerade as Donald Trump and say "You're fired" to one candidate every week.

But seriously, suggestions for moderators are welcome but those individuals have to have some commitment and true desire to become one.

S Beaver: Taste is most important. Service and experience comes next and price is probably last.

Some miscellaneous lunch spots:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=24709
    -SC

My remaining question is:

Why is Spcnet's join date LATER than PJ's join date? ...oh wait, It's later than mine too...
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    S Beaver: Taste is most important. Service and experience comes next and price is probably last.
    You know, when I first read this, I totally took it in the context of Moderator Selecting. I was like "Hmm, yeah, moderator does need to have the right taste for good topics. His service to the community must be great, and he should have some experience. Sounds like the right criteria for a moderator"

Exclamation

Did you see?! Moderator Spirit of Honor appeared in Open Debate! Was he hiding behind the scene doing secret Modding all this while?!

It'd be so cool to get his interview too!

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Did you see?! Moderator Spirit of Honor appeared in Open Debate! Was he hiding behind the scene doing secret Modding all this while?!

It'd be so cool to get his interview too!
    Spirit is really nice. An interview with him would be a good read.
    玉木宏

blog

For the longest time Spirit seemingly disappeared, so I thought he might have left.

Junny, you used to be a moderator too right? Care to be interviewed?

^ I still see Spirit online sometimes. If need be, I can nudge him about the interview.

Me be interviewed? LOL, I don't think people want to read about a former mod, Judge E.
    玉木宏

blog

We spcies love reading People... I mean Interviews.

Are you interested in becoming a mod again?

I nominate Trien Chieu to be the new mod.

If TC posts a pix of himself, I second the nomination.

Hm, I am starting to sound like a TC fan too, ain't I? Ah well.
    This account is retired.

Suddenly we all feel the urge to come out.

So PJ, are you serious about the nomination or what?

Suddenly we all feel the urge to come out.

So PJ, are you serious about the nomination or what?
    Granny, (knowing that I'm younger than you, I can call you that without guilt) very interesting interview. I actually printed it out and read on my way home.

Good Job, Tinkle Bell, for SC's interview...... now we can be sure that SC is lady SC. A woman with spirit and ambition.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

If TC gets to be the new mod, we would be free of any immoral discussions on the forums. Only responsible behaviors will be tolerated. Isn't that worth fighting for?

For the longest time Spirit seemingly disappeared, so I thought he might have left.
    And what's the first thing he does upon return? Lock my thread! How classic of him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    If TC gets to be the new mod, we would be free of any immoral discussions on the forums. Only responsible behaviors will be tolerated. Isn't that worth fighting for?
    In all seriousness, PJ, I demanded that Trien stop harping on that issue he had with you (the one regarding Chinese women) and when he didn't, I gave him an enforced day off.

It's only fair to ask you to reciprocate and stop harping on Trien as well.

Let this be the end of public discussion on this particular issue. The private channels are open if you feel the need to discuss it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    In all seriousness, PJ, I demanded that Trien stop harping on that issue he had with you (the one regarding Chinese women) and when he didn't, I gave him an enforced day off.

It's only fair to ask you to reciprocate and stop harping on Trien as well.

Let this be the end of public discussion on this particular issue. The private channels are open if you feel the need to discuss it further.
    Aww, thanks Kennyface, you're the best.

Sure, I'll stop spitting in his face.

But does this mean I can't apply sarcasm about him in another thread any more?