Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Forum Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Granny, (knowing that I'm younger than you, I can call you that without guilt) very interesting interview. I actually printed it out and read on my way home.

Good Job, Tinkle Bell, for SC's interview...... now we can be sure that SC is lady SC. A woman with spirit and ambition.
    You printed it out! Thank you ~ this is so touching... ... I hope you didn't use it to wrap garbage.

I wonder if Bella sent a questionaire to Spirit and Moin?
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    You printed it out! Thank you ~ this is so touching... ... I hope you didn't use it to wrap garbage.

Yes, I printed yours and Bella's too. I have limited time to come around lately. I don't want to miss the interview of my favourite people.

Moin? I know he had one interview as translator......but that's a different story. So, come on now! Get on the Forum Leader interview, Moin!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

OK, I see that SOH and Moin have returned, sort of. I will work on their interview questions and send them out tomorrow (Sunday). Now, whether we will or when we will hear back from them is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    OK, I see that SOH and Moin have returned, sort of. I will work on their interview questions and send them out tomorrow (Sunday). Now, whether we will or when we will hear back from them is another story.
    Banzai, Tinkle Bell!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Thank you, Bella! Hope they send their responses soon!
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to present one of the most anticipated interviews ever in the history of Spcnet...............THE ONE AND ONLY....................Ms. S-P-C-NET!

6. What are your favorite books, TV shows, movies and music?

I like scifi books, my favorite author is Orson Scott Card and favorite books from him are "Ender's Game" and "Speaker for the Dead". I don't think a lot of authors can write books that make you really think and question your own values and morals - Card is one of them. "Speaker" made me question morality so much that it gave me a headache - that's when I knew I like the book.
    Great interview.

I love Speaker of the Dead too.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

You know, I think Spirit of Honor may have pulled a POW: Pop In Once In A While, on us. He/She comes in for 1 minute randomly once a year, performs a moderation duty to let people know he/she's still watching (even if it's just once a year), and people will behave!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You know, I think Spirit of Honor may have pulled a POW: Pop In Once In A While, on us. He/She comes in for 1 minute randomly once a year, performs a moderation duty to let people know he/she's still watching (even if it's just once a year), and people will behave!
    Spirit of Honour is the phantom moderator of SPCNET. Often singing this:"every step you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you....."

That's why Spcnet herself is the other moderator of open debate, unless she wants to recruit another mod.

But in all honesty and seriousness, Open Debate is the hardest forum to Mod.

I do believe moderator is a difficult job that requires responsibility, maturity, diligence, patience, broad-mindedness and generosity. I see these qualities in not all, but most moderators around here. And to those who are faithfully fulfilling their duties (they have no obligations to anyone really), Thank You.

Submitted my interview to bellamia

I must admit, I have been busy with a lot of things and haven't had the chance to visit as much as I used to. However, I will pop up when people report a thread/post.

Thanks to bella for this interesting thread though
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

That's great Spirit but, when did you submit your interview to bella? I think she just bid farewell to the forum last night...

She just PMed me on the 18th at 1 am my time. What happened? Just PMed her back.

Nonetheless I can just post it later if she is no longer with the forums
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

Hmmmm... if she PMed you this morning, she'll probably come back to post it??

Anyway if that doesn't happen after a few days, we know that bella really has abandoned us. Then you can either post your interview here or PM it to me for formatting and posting.

Hmmmm... if she PMed you this morning, she'll probably come back to post it??

Anyway if that doesn't happen after a few days, we know that bella really has abandoned us. Then you can either post your interview here or PM it to me for formatting and posting.
    Granny, sad to say, she won't be.

Stay tuned...... I'll be back with Spirit of Honour's interview replies.

What happened to bellamia?
    玉木宏

blog

That's so sad. I guess she must have her reason...

Anyway thanks Ced for taking up the job.

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    What happened to bellamia?
    Junny, she's getting married .

Ok, I'm just kidding . On a serious note, she's alright. Let's give her our blessings for whatever she'll take on in her life. :angel:

That's so sad. I guess she must have her reason...

Anyway thanks Ced for taking up the job.
    Yes, indeed, Granny.

I was her accomplice.....hmm I mean co-interviewer on the previous interview with forum leaders...so... the baton is solely mine now.

Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen! Here, I present you..... interview with Phantom Moderator - Spirit of Honour ~~~

*Thank you Spirit of Honour for giving time to do this interview and allowing our fellow forumies get to know you better. Thank you for sharing about yourself.* - And, I always thought your motto as a Mod is: "Every step you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you" (joking)

Dear folks, enjoy reading!

P/s: I see quite abit of myself in here....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Moderator - Spirit of Honour

1. Where do you live (state, country, etc.)?

I am originally from Toronto, Canada. However I am currently living in Hong Kong, China.

I want to work here for a while and then move to New York, London, and Tokyo in the future. Haven't decided on the order, though probably would like to alternate between a Western and Asian city.

2. What is your real life occupation?

I'm a management consultant.

Would love to work for an ambitious tech startup / private equity firm.

3. Besides moderating spcnet, what else do you do in your pastime?

I love networking, dining, movies, music, drawing, debating, and socializing.

I have a lot of different interests and consider myself quite intellectually curious when it comes to learning and trying new things. Though I do admit, I am quite conservative when it comes to trying some new foods. I often like to stick to the same old foods

Would like to pick up a sport (fencing or kendo) this year when I have some time, though not sure where to find that here.

4. What is your motto as a moderator?

I guess my signature.. "Practice what you preach before you preach what you practice" I try to uphold these values (when I can haha).

In terms of a motto in life, I like passionate people. People have different passions in life, though I think it is important to have some sort of prime motivator/passion in life. I should probably actually find a motto/quote.

How about this one?

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." - G.B. Shaw, Mrs. Warren's Profession, 1893

5. What is significant about your username and avatar?

I initially thought of my username a while ago back in high school when I was really interested in history. I romanticized the past and thought that there was a certain sense of honour and chivalry in the past. I really respected and idealized these values and mores and wanted to embody them. Hence the Spirit of Honour

Though reality differs from this fantasy. There seems to be a set of truths that govern the actions of man regardless the age.

My avatar is Toshiro Mifune's character Kikuchiyo from Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, one of my favourite movies. There is the character samurai in it too, which means to wait or serve a noble. In this case, a noble cause

6. Name five characteristics about you.

Ambitious, Entrepreneurial, Creative, Bold, and Multifaceted

7. What are some moments in your life that you would consider to be character defining?

There have been many life defining moments. Though I certainly would say my university experience was quite life changing. It was during this period that I became a true adult. Essentially this period was the fork in my life's road. There were many opportunities and all of these opportunities would significantly impact my future. With these responsibilities came many changes to my personality and my motivations. Sometimes I do wish I had another opportunity to relive some of these years. Interests and passions can change in life.

I have realized a few things coming out of these last years or so.

One of the toughest realizations of life lies within the fact that there are no second chances. What has happened has happened. Yet it’s such an awful thing to live with so many regrets. Though as time passes by, the regrets grow more and more abundant and you cannot always ignore them. The past is just this awful spectre that stares back at you. It reminds you of who you were and who you are no longer. It is a distant memory of yourself that doesn’t really seem familiar anymore, even to yourself.

Yet this is part of the journey and part of growing up.

Oddly we often regret the things we didn't do more than the things we did do. So I guess the lesson is to simply take risks and have no regrets.
    Mistakes happen, but life goes on.

Find your passions early on and find a way to harness them in different ways. If you cannot find the opportunities you are looking for, find ways to create opportunities. We learn the most from what we don't get in life. From these hardships, you see just how much you want something and learn more about yourself.

8. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?

Moving to Asia by myself without a network, job, or any certainties. It was quite an interesting experience and I have grown a lot from it. It's quite a small world and once you start networking, you quickly build up many relationships.

Life is often about building and maintaining these relationships.

9. Which is the funniest prank played on you or played by you?

I had a friend that took a math class with William Hung at Berkeley. She sent me a picture of her with him and I photoshopped it onto a newspaper with a funny headline. She thought it was real and was freaking out. I also photohopped that same friend's head onto another body once and we had fun insulting the picture. She didn't even realize it was her mug and was quite surprised when I told her it was her I hope that friend doesn't visit this forum haha.

10. Who is your favorite spcnet member(s)? Why?

Spcnet and the other mods. You guys do a great job moderating the forums. I must admit I haven't been as active and thus thank you for keeping things clean when I am not here

11. Are you a fan of Wuxia? If so, please share your first exposure to Wuxia and your favorite Wuxia novel/story.

I used to be fan of Wuxia. I was first exposed as a kid through the TVB adaptations of Jin Yong. I enjoy all of the Jin Yong works, though haven't really had time to watch anything recently.

My fascination with history and historical personalities is closely tied with my interest in Wuxia. Many characters have very strong fundamentals and strong character/personalities. Likewise, it also relates to my previous mention of my idealized perceptions of the past.

12. How often do you visit Spcnet now? And how are things different now than when you first joined the forum?

I sometimes drop by here and there, though I will visit when someone reports a post. I must admit that I feel quite guilty for not visiting more often. However, work has occupied a large chunk of my life I used to be very active and would visit on a daily basis. I would be much more involved with the debates as well. I guess it is hard to balance things nowadays.

Pending reply from...... Moinleon, the Rovlutionary Cat. Stay tuned!

Moin, moin on the way.... (hopefully)
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-18-08 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I hate Ms Word, .docx version.

Good job Ceddrey! And credits to Bella too!

Thanks SoH for a great interview. Can't believe you're in HK! That's my hometown and I visit often... I thought no spcie is living in HK.

I hope you're still around for some extra questions:
    - Why HK? Is that serendipity or is HK always a top choice for you? Do you speak Cantonese?
    - Managing consultant...What's your background? I've always thought you're doing law.
    - So is your passion your work? If you cna have a parallel life, what other career would you explore?
    - What aspects of HK do you like? Not like?