Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOST HATED ACTRESSES OF ALL TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Granted she's not your typical hot/gorgeous girl, but she's got an ethereal quality to her.
    The Chinese media (or rather her PR machine) was at one time touting LYF as the most beautiful Chinese actress in the last 50 years, which is kinda stretching it.

I think the ethereal quality came to be associated with her because of the characters she played early in her career - Wang Yu Yan, Xiao Long Nu, Ling Er. She looks like your typical girl-next-door in recent roles, e.g. Love In Disguise with Leehom Wang.

Actually, I think Barbie Hsu is much more beautiful than LYF. Just my opinion

I think LYF looks great in ancient clothing while quite cute in modern. Barie Hsu I feel is the other way around, only saw her in one ancient film but she was okay...not gorgeous...I don't think she's beautiful but just has an attractive quality about her...

The only beautiful actress in my eyes is Gong Li...she's so beautiful ancient or modern...

there's a lot of the older girls out there who are also beautiful but Gong Li is the only one for me.

but since this is a hate thread...I vote Lin Chi Ling....she can't act, she's not even beautiful...she's just tall and willowy...she looks plain in ancient clothing and still plain in modern...yet she is cast in so many films i was looking forward too...

she's starting to annoy me as much as Twins did when they dominated the hong kong industry.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I think LYF looks great in ancient clothing while quite cute in modern. Barie Hsu I feel is the other way around, only saw her in one ancient film but she was okay...not gorgeous...I don't think she's beautiful but just has an attractive quality about her...

but since this is a hate thread...I vote Lin Chi Ling....she can't act, she's not even beautiful...she's just tall and willowy...she looks plain in ancient clothing and still plain in modern...yet she is cast in so many films i was looking forward too...

she's starting to annoy me as much as Twins did when they dominated the hong kong industry.
    Maybe I'm just a natural rebel against over-rated actors/actresses. So yeah, LYF, Lin Chi Ling and Twins are a big turn-off to me as well.

But I do admit that Gillian Chung's bravery in facing the Edison scandal and recent efforts to recover her career and most importantly, dignity, is pretty touching to me. So she has redeemed her part of Twins for me.

I think LYF is just another eye-candy, her acting is not really good. I watched almost all of her series and figured out that her acting is just so-so. I understand that she is beautiful, but her beauty will be so lacking without a good acting quality, though. I cannot feel anything while watching her. It's just so flat, almost all the time, her face looked on the same expression.

I think Ady An is better than her, and more beautiful too...
    Safety First!!
    No work is so urgent that you can forget safety!

Carman Lee for me. I don't like her boring acting and she seems so wooden with expression less on her face in all of her series. Just my opinion though

if its about acting, the majority of Chinese actress are pretty bad IMO. its basically all about looks now.

I hate actresses who're much more famous than they deserve to be:
    Carman Lee: this chick doesn't know how to act. She's not beautiful or cute either. She has even fewer facial expressions than Stephan Hawking!
    Liu Yifei: has a cute looks but nothing else.

Liu Yi Fei is pretty in a cute way. But I find her personality flat and acting predictable. So her prettiness doesn't do anything for me.
    Last edited by yangjia; 09-18-10 at 11:39 AM.

OMG! LYF is so not beautiful at all. She looks so young all the time and just the way she looks is not attracting. I think that she is so overrated. There are other beautiful actresses out there that are so much more beautiful like Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin, Gong Li, Alyssa Chia, etc.... I dont like to watch movies that she is in because her acting is not very good and it's very dull.

LYF is over-exposed, but if you talk about real over-exposure, it was the Twins in HK before the Edison Chen thing. Twins were so over-exposed and untalented they made you gag.

compare lyf to yang mi, or liu shishi, and you will see how plain she is. not2mention her horrible acting.reminds me of another horrible actresses situation, this one from hk she played a lead role in growing through life, guess who lol

After watching Li Bing Bing in Detective Dee, I'm convinced that even at 37, she's way hotter and talented than LYF will ever hope to be.

I notice that LYF is missing from the BIG upcoming Mainland government-backed movie project 辛亥革命 (1911 Revolution). EVERY major Mainland actor and actress is in it.

That's the thing with over-exposure and success too early before proper development...there may be a backlash.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-02-10 at 12:23 PM.

1911 Revolution? I didn't know they're making a new movie out of it. Do you know who's in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    1911 Revolution? I didn't know they're making a new movie out of it. Do you know who's in it?
    About 70 Mainland stars. Key characters will be taken by Jackie Chan, Winston Chao, Li Bing Bing, Hu Ge, Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, Andy Lau, Jaycee Chan. I think Vicki Zhao Fan Bing Bing, and Tang Wei are in it too.

Well, Jackie, Jaycee, Winston and Andy aren't Mainlanders....and Gong Li is Singaporean.
    I ship Shi-Harem

^Wow, that's a lot of stars. I remember The Founding of a Reoublic also had lots. I didn't know Gong Li was Singaporean.

Gong Li was born in China but took up Singapore citizenship in early 2008.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-09-10 at 04:41 AM.

I like Liu Yi Fei. She's beautiful, she's still young with room for improvement and she's classy. Acting wise, still better than many young actresses of her age.

As for TWINS, both members would have my vote as talentless but I don't hate them at all. Most hated? That is difficult ... need to think about that .. well if most hated=absolutely can't stand that woman, I would say Shirley Yeung has my vote. But I don't really hate her.

Probably Zhou Xun. I've hated her as Huang Rong so much in LOCH 03. Totally doesn't fit the character and she has that irritating voice.

Zhang Ziyi seems to be very hated by Mainlanders after she gone to Hollywood and I don't know why.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I have to say, I dislike Athena Chu!!!

I think she is beautiful but her acting hasn't really improved over so many years yet she is given so many lead roles. Now she is resorting to a sexy image and showing lots of unnecessary skin. You can show skin yet be classy (Gong Li) but with Athena's dresses, it like she is squeezing out 80% of her cleavage. I think she shoudl take more soulful roles rather than shallow sexy roles.

I also dislike Michelle Reis. Other than her face and her body, don't think she has qualities that I recognise.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly