Thread: Downloading (help) how to reduce the bytes

Default Downloading (help) how to reduce the bytes

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me where and how I could reduce my downloading in terms of the bytes when watching the Taiwan or any other dramas online?

This is because where I am, the broadband charges depends on how much I downloaded and last month I exceeded my limit and my speed was dropped to a level which I cant do anything except chatting! (64kbs).

I noticed that if I download from Veoh, it is very high quality video viewing but it really kills the downlading. Downloading 3 dramas already take away 2G of space.

But when i download from Youtube, i feel that that it doesnt take much downloading space or am i wrong?

So anyone who face similar problems like me, pls help if you found a solution..

Thanks in advance.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Your ISP sucks so should consider changing for a new ISP without those stupid rules. There is no way to reduce the size of the original file while you're streaming-watching it, accept if the original owner of the file, re-encode for a smaller screen size hence smaller size and re-upload it.

It is very unlikely anybody going to do it, coz the quality gonna sucks and worst than the one at youtube or any similar video streaming site. So the only way, is to just stay with streaming site that stream video at low resolution like youtube
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 07-31-08 at 08:12 PM.

I recommend switching. You can have unlimited downloading space with other ISPs. It will work out better in the long term too otherwise you will keep getting the same issue again and again each month.