Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The most pitiful characters??

Quote Originally Posted by BQYXLUV View Post
    He even give up his eyes for her, but she choose not to return it.
    Actually, she did return it. She plucked it out and threw it back at him before jumping off the cliff with XF's dead body.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Actually, she did return it. She plucked it out and threw it back at him before jumping off the cliff with XF's dead body.
    ARTS....

Mu Nian Ze

and

Zhang San Feng
    why?
    1. On 90th birthday his favorite pupil (ZCS) gone missing and his third pupil becomes disabled.
    2. On his 100th birthday he watched ZCS and wife (YSS) commit suicide in front of him.
    3. Again on his 100th birthday he cannot help ZWJ from Xuan Ming. Helplessness? Cannot fulfill his pupil's last wish?
    4. His 6th pupil becomes disabled too.
    5. His 7th pupil died. By the hand of his 1st pupil's son (SCS)...
    6. He must deal with the stupid and treacherous SCS.

c'mon people , a very very very old guy must deal with those kind of mental torments?

Quote Originally Posted by Lie Ming View Post
    Zhang San Feng
    why?
    1. On 90th birthday his favorite pupil (ZCS) gone missing and his third pupil becomes disabled.
    2. On his 100th birthday he watched ZCS and wife (YSS) commit suicide in front of him.
    3. Again on his 100th birthday he cannot help ZWJ from Xuan Ming. Helplessness? Cannot fulfill his pupil's last wish?
    4. His 6th pupil becomes disabled too.
    5. His 7th pupil died. By the hand of his 1st pupil's son (SCS)...
    6. He must deal with the stupid and treacherous SCS.

c'mon people , a very very very old guy must deal with those kind of mental torments?
    Well, you mustn't forget that because he lived to be so old, he had to go through all those things. If he died at 80 like the average person, then he wouldn't have to suffer so much. If I was ZSF, I would definitely be afraid of what cruel and devastating events might pop up on my 110th birthday.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuet Thi View Post
    Somehow, I can't find someone really pitiful from HSDS. The only one that comes to mind is Xiao Zhao, but I don't really like her anyway.
    Care to explain why you don't really like xz?

For some reason, nobody has named Mei ChaoFeng and Huo QingTong? Or am I the only one who sympathizes with them?

Mei ChaoFeng: Early life as a slave was not fun. In fact, when Huang YaoShi rescued her, she was about to get her eyeballs burned out by a very jealous mistress. The only *happy* years of her life were probably the times spent at Tao Hua Dao... Yet she has to leave Tao Hua Dao with Chen XuanFeng, fearing punishment from her master for stealing the 9 Yin Manual. They're constantly on the run from various jianghu warriors for using live humans as part of their training regimen (okay, it's a fitting punishment, but still, life sucks for them). Then her husband is killed by a very slow 5-year-old wielding a knife. And she's blinded. So she lives her life alone, on the run, and is still trying to practice martial arts at the same time, resulting in fire deviation by the time that Huang Rong and Guo Jing visit the palace of WanYan HongLie. Basically, I was very happy (for her) when Mei ChaoFeng died defending her master (side note: Doesn't this say something about Huang YaoShi? He treats his disciples so badly, but they are all willing to lay down their lives for him... definitely one of the best characters in the JinYong universe.)

As for Huo QingTong, she has the great task of defending her people from the ruthless attacks of the Qing Dynasty. Even though she is young and should be enjoying life, she shoulders the task bravely and leads her people well. In contrast, isn't Chen JiaLuo a weak, ineffective fool who only ascended to prominence because of his relationship with the emperor?! Yet Huo QingTong falls for this weak, ineffective fool, who in turn starts wooing Huo QingTong's sister! And his reason was, "Huo QingTong is so powerful, I feel so weak in comparison... I must find another useless person to salvage my manly pride."
    欲取鸣琴弹,恨无知音赏。~孟浩然

Like you said, Mei is one of the most balanced characters in terms of tragedy and how much she actively brought upon herself. She is definitely interesting and invokes pity at times, but is ruthless enough to not deserve compassion at other times. Compared to someone like Yu Daiyan whom we know to only be heroic and righteous and met with being paralyzed at the peak of his life, she can't quite make the most pitiful list.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Care to explain why you don't really like xz?
    Hehe. I know you like Xiao Zhao I explained my reasons why in this thread. Post #48 and #52, but I'll write briefly here.

She's not as interesting as the other three ladies (Zhao Min, Zhou Zhirou, and Yin Li). Just a bland character overall and her goal in life is to be by ZWJ's side just so she could serve him.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Like you said, Mei is one of the most balanced characters in terms of tragedy and how much she actively brought upon herself. She is definitely interesting and invokes pity at times, but is ruthless enough to not deserve compassion at other times. Compared to someone like Yu Daiyan whom we know to only be heroic and righteous and met with being paralyzed at the peak of his life, she can't quite make the most pitiful list.
    Agreed. Although MCF's life was surely not a smooth one, she still killed many, many people to train in 9 Yin White Bone Claws. Now those people deserved pity because they had no idea what the heck was going on and just died right then and there.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Actually You Tanzhi's parents weren't killed by Siu Fung (Xiao Feng), his parents committed suicide due to the shame they felt in their battle against xf.

He still indirectly caused their deaths, though...

Fine. If not Mei ChaoFeng, Huo QingTong, at least, can't be denied a position... wait. I just worded that as if a position on the pity list should be coveted??
    欲取鸣琴弹,恨无知音赏。~孟浩然