Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most pitiful characters??

Default The most pitiful characters??

Who are some of the most pitiful characters? And why?

Banned

lin ping zhi.

yang guo's mom.

zhou zhi ruo (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
    lin ping zhi.

yang guo's mom.

zhou zhi ruo (lol)
    Agree with you on Yeung Gor's mom, but not Lin Ping Zhi. He has a lover that most man ever dream of but he killed her just for stupid revenge. He destroyed his own happiness...

My list are
    Yeung Hong's parents
    Yue Lingshan
    Princess Fragrance
    Little Fish's parents
    Ah Chu
    Kiu Fung

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Agree with you on Yeung Gor's mom, but not Lin Ping Zhi. He has a lover that most man ever dream of but he killed her just for stupid revenge. He destroyed his own happiness...

My list are
    Yeung Hong's parents
    Yue Lingshan
    Princess Fragrance
    Little Fish's parents
    Ah Chu
    Kiu Fung
    you cant blame lin ping zhi, he was living a carefree life when all of a sudden his entire family and all his friends get massacred. then he gets rescued only to find out that his saviour rescued his for ulterior motives. he was driven insane, at the time he killed his wife he wasnt a normal person anymore.

This is typical of TC. He doesn't look at the cause. Only looks at the outcome
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
    you cant blame lin ping zhi, he was living a carefree life when all of a sudden his entire family and all his friends get massacred. then he gets rescued only to find out that his saviour rescued his for ulterior motives. he was driven insane, at the time he killed his wife he wasnt a normal person anymore.
    I do feel sorry for what had happened to him but what he did is worse...
    Killing someone who loves him with all her heart.

No one mention Ah Jiu?

XF was probably one of the worst...mother dies, he gets framed for murders of his close friends, accidentally kills his lover, and has to take care of Ah Zi,

Ah Jiu was pretty bad..loses family, loses arm, becomes a nun..(and the 3rd revision hinted that YCZ did have feelings for her..which makes her more pitiful..oh and 07 adaptation) plus she changed a bit in DOMD...the whole 'promise' fiasco too..

Di Yun's beginning was pretty bad..but at least he got a good ending.

Yang Guo's life was also horrible...(losing an arm, his lover getting raped,seperation etc etc) but he also got a good ending.

what about YBQ wife(don't remember her name)??
    Last edited by ~Dan~; 08-02-08 at 08:36 PM.

There are plenty, but the one that has not been mentioned is He Hong Yao from Bi Xue Jian. Gosh, was she pitiful. Just to help Jin She Lang Jun, she broke the rules of the 5 poison sect, got heavily punished by her own brother, got her face all deformed, had to suffer from unrequited love,etc... IN the end, she died still hoping that Jin She Lang Jun would love her. BUt of course, he NEVER did. How sad and pitiful since after all she did, he never ever loved her back....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I agree here with Trien Chieu. I really don't have much sympathy for Lin Pingzhi. Hell, Linghu Chong went through a hell of a lot as well (arguably as much or more), but would never have even thought of murdering a woman who loved him to 'prove his loyalty' to Zuo Lengchan. You can call it insanity, but insane or not, that act was utterly despicable and made him an irredeemable character. That was an act which pushed him to the moral position where we, the readers, feel little to no sympathy that at the end of the novel, Ren Yingying destroyed his tendons and confined him for the rest of his life within the Western Lake prison. That was his 'rape the dog' moment which sent him totally beyond forgiveness or understanding, and which laid upon him a verdict of eternal damnation.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 08-02-08 at 09:57 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

zwj - see both parents commit suicide
    xz - need to go back to persia
    ah zhu - killed in the hand of loved one unnecessarily/accidentally

Yau Tan Tze had it pretty bad.

Sung Ching Sheu had it pretty bad too, although his problems were mostly self-inflicted (with some "help" from Chan Yau Leung).

Ning Zhongze
    Di Yun
    You Tanzhi

With You Tanzhi being the most pitiable. He just fell in love with the wrong girl.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

WaWa from The Sword of the Third Young Master. What happened to her is just so terribly sad.

Ye Xiang from Meteor, Butterfly, Sword.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Lee Chum Foon could almost qualify for this, but he makes "pitiful" look so glamorous!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I agree here with Trien Chieu. I really don't have much sympathy for Lin Pingzhi. Hell, Linghu Chong went through a hell of a lot as well (arguably as much or more), but would never have even thought of murdering a woman who loved him to 'prove his loyalty' to Zuo Lengchan. You can call it insanity, but insane or not, that act was utterly despicable and made him an irredeemable character. That was an act which pushed him to the moral position where we, the readers, feel little to no sympathy that at the end of the novel, Ren Yingying destroyed his tendons and confined him for the rest of his life within the Western Lake prison. That was his 'rape the dog' moment which sent him totally beyond forgiveness or understanding, and which laid upon him a verdict of eternal damnation.
    I agree with your reasoning.
    I did not agree with TC's reasoning.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Lee Chum Foon could almost qualify for this, but he makes "pitiful" look so glamorous!
    He had a miserable spell for quite some time but after all that, his ending was happy.

Gongsun Lu'e - Terrible dad, terrible mother. Sacrificed herself for the person she truly loves.
    Liu Zhengfeng - Just wanted to live a peaceful life with his family and then everything ended tragically in the blink of an eye.

A'zhu - Well, we all know what happened.
    You Tanzhi - Sometimes I just wanna smack the guy in the head for being so stupid but then sometimes I really pity him.

Huang Yaoshi's disciples who were cruelly crippled by their teacher.

Somehow, I can't find someone really pitiful from HSDS. The only one that comes to mind is Xiao Zhao, but I don't really like her anyway. HSDS has a lot of characters with a sad past, but they've done something evil later on that makes up for their past.

So my choice would be You Tanzhi. I can't imagine all that pain he went through (emotionally and physically).
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

I hardly feel "pity" for wuxia characters, the things they do and causes of their sufferings are just sometimes so idiotic to me that I grow to secretly hate them (esp. protagonists) instead. I did sympathize with YangGuo for losing is arm so unjustly but his inability of venging himself made me lose that sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by sceonn View Post
    I hardly feel "pity" for wuxia characters, the things they do and causes of their sufferings are just sometimes so idiotic to me that I grow to secretly hate them (esp. protagonists) instead. I did sympathize with YangGuo for losing is arm so unjustly but his inability of venging himself made me lose that sympathy.
    Actually, foregoing revenge against Gwok Fu (despite being entitled to it) is one of the few instances in which I actually feel some respect and admiration for Yeung Gor (a rarity indeed, if you know my history with the character). Similarly, I admired him for sacrificing what he believed to be the final days of his life to save the lives of the Mo Brothers, who'd never been kind to him. It's when Yeung Gor demonstrates these moments of generosity to a fault that even I, one his most fervid detractors, have to grudgingly concede some respect for him.

Definitely the first person to come to my mind...You Tanzi

His parents was killed by Xiao Feng
    His love for Ah Zi went unrequited despite almost doing everything for her. He even give up his eyes for her, but she choose not to return it. His ending was not happy at all compared to some of the rest of the characters you named here