Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The God & Demons of Zu Mountain or The Zu Mountain Saga?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    i liked Zu Mountain Saga way better. It's one of my favorite series of all time.

ZMS has a lot more character development than part 1. There are also lot of shades of grey characters like Ekin Cheng. It wasn't simply black and white like part 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I like the Zu Mt. Saga more b/c I think the relationships and characters are sweeter and more well developed. I disagree w/ IloveMimiLo b/c imo, the costumes are not good in both. But the costumes for the girls might be better in part I (w/ some exceptions) but guys costumes are definitely better in part II. Look at Jimmy and Aaron in part I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    The costumes for the girls on part 1 were ok, but not for Jimmy though. What's up with the shorts??? Aaron's costumes were ok though.The costumes in part 2 were ok overall, but the best either...
    I think the costume of part 1 is different than part 2 is because of the time setting.

I'm watching Zu Mountain Saga. And Zu Mountain Saga takes place 100 years after Eddie Kwan and the two girls froze in that mountain.

Therefore, the whole costume in The Gods and Demons of Zu Mountain seem a bit "primative" because it came 100 years before the time of The Zu Mountain Saga.

I'm watching episode 5 of Zu Mountain Saga, and I really love the BGM which is basically the instrumental music of the theme song. I just wished TVB had great BGM like this now.

Ekin's Shek Sheng character is like Frankenstein's creature. So innocent with good chances of being good or bad.

This is my first time watching it, I had the chance to see the prequel years ago, but never got the chance to see the sequel.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I can't remember which ones which, but I liked the one with Eddie Kwan in it as main character. (Watched that one first I suppose) I remeber that elephant-looking demon was quite ..freaky tho lol

Thumbs up

Ekin as the Blood Demon was awesome
    http://d.imagehost.org/view/0583/zumountain.jpg
    once a devil always a devil - Zu Mountain Saga

Quote Originally Posted by namix View Post
    for some reason, that segment in the series always remind me of Condor Hero.
    Yup, that reminds me of Yang Kang from Condor Heroes

a little island east of america and west of europe

Quote Originally Posted by rocky007 View Post
    Ekin as the Blood Demon was awesome
    http://d.imagehost.org/view/0583/zumountain.jpg
    Ahh takes me back to my teens!! Drool....

Does anyone know if there is a English subtitled version or English dubbed version of Zu Mountain Saga?

Zu Mountain Saga
    once a devil always a devil - Zu Mountain Saga

I like part 2 better probably because I watched it first and I more familiar with the actors in part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    The costumes for the girls on part 1 were ok, but not for Jimmy though. What's up with the shorts??? Aaron's costumes were ok though.The costumes in part 2 were ok overall, but the best either...
    I am re-watching part I right now and that's exactly what I was thinking. He was wearing super short shorts and it's weird.
    Less Than Perfect

I actually though Eddie was the sexier Blood Demon between him and Ekin (sorry) but I think overall, I thought Part II was more entertaining. Nadia was way more cuter than Pauline and Anita put together though I was rather fond of Mimi. But i thought Jimmy had a better role in Part I than Part II.

I still would pick Part I over Part II because I watched it when I was in primary school and I was fascinated by the flying swords and planets aligning. Part II with all the reincarnation and chopping arms off was a bit advanced for me back then. I guess childhood feelings stay with you so Part I.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    I am re-watching part I right now and that's exactly what I was thinking. He was wearing super short shorts and it's weird.
    It was to match his girlfriend I think - she had shorts too, although with a skirt over it. I remember because she had nice legs, and I kind of fancied Lau Sau Ping back then. Sadly she never really had much of an acting career.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    It was to match his girlfriend I think - she had shorts too, although with a skirt over it. I remember because she had nice legs, and I kind of fancied Lau Sau Ping back then. Sadly she never really had much of an acting career.
    Sorry for possible spoiler...

But they should've at least made his shorts a little longer. So I've just finished the first series and it's so depressing because probably 97% of the characters died. It reminds of my Donnie Yen's The Kung Fu Master where he, his wife and kid were the only known survivors.
    Less Than Perfect

Anyone know the names of all the songs that were in "The Gods & Demons of Zu Mountain"?

Also, anyone know where I can download the songs?
    Favorite shows: E.U., Rosy Business
    Favorite actor: Ron Ng, Wayne Lai
    Favorite actress: Tavia Yeung