Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much weight loss is considered "unhealthy"?

30 minutes doing cardio 3 times a week is good enough to burn those calories, but it's not exercise alone, you have to be conscience on what you eat as well. I've read that you should snack about every three hours. If you're hungry then eat a light snack. Also it's very important to eat breakfast people tend to skip breakfast and they try to make it up for lunch by eating huge proportion.

Losing weight is not an easy task. But you have to set realistic goals that you can achieve.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

What's the best way to lose weight in the upper arms? I don't want huge muscles or anything (eee), but just more toned arms. I doubt doing weights helps that much.

It's so easy to lose weight in the calves/thighs, just by doing the step machine or running. But the arms are tricky...

Maybe I should lose weight. My parents called me chubby ... though I'm 19.4 on the BMI.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Maybe I should lose weight. My parents called me chubby ... though I'm 19.4 on the BMI.

my mom learned a new english word. "Obese" haha ... that's what she calls me now

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    What's the best way to lose weight in the upper arms? I don't want huge muscles or anything (eee), but just more toned arms. I doubt doing weights helps that much.

It's so easy to lose weight in the calves/thighs, just by doing the step machine or running. But the arms are tricky...
    What do you mean lose weight on the upper arms? You mean your tricep?
    Last edited by MrPhotastic; 08-17-08 at 11:52 PM.

I mean the entire region above the elbow lol. I want it to be thinner....but not really more muscular. Well more musclar is fine if it's also thinner. But what I don't want is thicker w/ more muscle.

oh, that's your tricep then.
    Try doing this exercise and this one.

Thanks! No exercises w/o involving machines? =( I guess just waving my arms up and down all day is gonna do nothing lol.

I mean the entire region above the elbow lol. I want it to be thinner....but not really more muscular. Well more musclar is fine if it's also thinner. But what I don't want is thicker w/ more muscle.
    Many low weight, high repetition workouts will get you leaner and not 'bulk up.' Really, the best way to get the results you want is not be afraid to bulk up.

Just because you lift weights doesn't mean you're going to get large muscles. In order to bulk up, you need to grossly increase your caloric intake, get a lot of protein, and sleep consistently. It doesn't just happen because you went and did a few bench presses.

Thanks! No exercises w/o involving machines? =( I guess just waving my arms up and down all day is gonna do nothing lol.
    machine work outs doesn't give you the maximum range of motion. Also it isloates your other muscles. You wanna usef ree weights because when you are exercising with free weights all your muscles are working at the same time. So in my opinion machiines are ineffective as compared to free weights.

When you do those exercise just use a light weight and do higher repetition.

I was surprised to see that the "optimal" weight for a 5ft 10in. or 5ft 9in. tall man is only 154-157, but it seems to only be the median weight in a range of acceptable weight given on that site with no regard to frame. THat means I am right there. Sweet.

The recent 3 or 4 lbs I've gained seems to be in my waist area though... so maybe not so optimal after all. Still firm there but gotta watch out.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Yeah, I heard heavier weight builds muscles while higher repetition tones the existing muscle.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.