Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite "less talked about female?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Qinqing was annoying in that she always played the pity card, when A Jiu was much more pitiable.

Shui Sheng is my wildcard pick. She's awesome, but no one ever talks about her.
    Yeah, I came to like Shui Sheng after she became very mature.

Yeah AJ had a bad life..she was different as the nun in DOMD. For some reason, I don't think Qingqing would change at all, even after the book. I could imagine YCZ teaching He Tieshou (another less-talked about character) and as he is teaching her the proper way to align leg + hands by personally positioning..QQ will suddenly comes out in a fit..

Shui Sheng's character development was great.

By the end of the book, she really became one of the best wives a Wulin guy could have.

Shui Sheng's character development was great.

By the end of the book, she really became one of the best wives a Wulin guy could have.
    I guess becoming the best wife a wulin guy could have is the greatest achievement for a wulin girl.

Wulin girl should all just learn cooking, sewing, cleaning, massage and making her guy happy.

To hell martial art, honour and righteousness. Those Xia Nv thingy is so out. Leave it to the guys.

Servant girl Xiao Zhao is the best character ever because she's the best wife material. Other honorable mentions are Huang Rong (because of her cooking) and Shuang-er.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-08-08 at 12:00 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Shui Sheng was honorable and knew martial arts. She wasn't a vase.

Don't go hyperfeminist on me. SS had the whole package.

Shui Sheng was honorable and knew martial arts. She wasn't a vase.

Don't go hyperfeminist on me. SS had the whole package.
    Well, the best wife aspect is obviously the most attractive aspect to you. You are the one who mention the best wife thingy, can't blame me for going hyperfeminist on you. No need to backtrack now. No use.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-08-08 at 12:49 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Well, the best wife aspect is obviously the most attractive aspect to you. You are the one who mention the best wife thingy, can't blame me for going hyperfeminist on you. No need to backtrack now. No use.
    And you came to the conclusion that this involves cooking, cleaning, sewing, and massaging. I see how it is.

Actually, I don't think Shui Sheng demonstrates an extraordinary talent in any of those.

I think Xia Qingqing gets less attention.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    I think Xia Qingqing gets less attention.
    Qingqing would be on your list of favorite less talked about females? I found her soo annoying in BXJ...I mean in BXJ...AJ was pitiable, Jiao Wan'er was well..not much but definitely not annoying, He Tieshou was kind of cool..playing the sly good guy/bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dan~ View Post
    Qingqing would be on your list of favorite less talked about females? I found her soo annoying in BXJ...I mean in BXJ...AJ was pitiable, Jiao Wan'er was well..not much but definitely not annoying, He Tieshou was kind of cool..playing the sly good guy/bad guy.

Well there are not many female leads getting little attention on SPCnet so theres limited choice.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Well there are not many female leads getting little attention on SPCnet so theres limited choice.
    They don't have to be leads at all..(because as you said, leads get attention, except Li Wenxiu and Ah Ching)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dan~ View Post
    They don't have to be leads at all..(because as you said, leads get attention, except Li Wenxiu and Ah Ching)

Yes, now add Xia/Wen Qingqing to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dan~
    Really? I found Wen Qing Qing kind of annoying..you know the whole jealousy and running away thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yeah, Qingqing is a little annoying, especially in the 3rd edition when she actually jumped off a cliff at the end to commit suicide, which made the reader pity even more than Yuan Chengzhi couldn't be with the one he really liked: Princess Ah Jiu.
    I am super bias here
    I don't read the novel. I based everything on the series SSWRB1984 with Felix Wong as Yuan Chengzhi and Patricia Chong as Wan Ching Ching. I like Patricia Chong and dislike the actress who played Ah Jiu. I was very pissed off that Yuan Chengzhi didn't end up with Wan Ching Ching at the end of that series... I felt like Yuan Chengzhi and Wan Ching Ching are couple from the beginning and Ah Jiu is just like the third person, boyfriend stealer, home wrecker
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-08-08 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Haha. Yeah. I think even the famous 'White Hair Maiden' qualifies. Forum here mostly talked about JY and focus on the trilogy+DGSD only.
    Yeah, people here tend to talk about JY characters. But for me, and most people, based on a thread I had several months earlier, most people prefer White Haired Maiden over Little Dragon Girl.