View Poll Results: Which country will win the highest score?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

12 38.71%
  • China

18 58.06%
  • Russia

0 0%
  • Australia

0 0%
  • Other....

1 3.23%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Medal prediction

What event do you think Canada will win it's first medal? What about first gold?

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Holy...so sad for CANADA!!!

"Canada now becomes the first team to not score a single goal in a Men's Water Polo match at the Olympic Games for 32 years."
    Gosh. It always hurts whenever you set such a record.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Gosh I'm glad I have satelite TV, and also, I live in Australia, so there's only 2hr time difference between where I live and Beijing, so it's been really awesome.

Hehe... happy to see that I'm not the only one spotting all the cuties in the male gymnasts.

Nearly forgot to add: GO CHINA!
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Quote Originally Posted by godiva View Post
    I think U.S. will win more medal! China will be close by

um...wasn't U.S. just like that a few olympic events ago?
    No. US will air every event, especially events that are either dominating or pulling in viewers, however, not all events are broadcast on regular tv. Instead, they are available on cable ...

With technology, people are streaming events off of NBC ... absolutely the coolest thing NBC decided to do!

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    No. US will air every event, especially events that are either dominating or pulling in viewers, however, not all events are broadcast on regular tv. Instead, they are available on cable ...

With technology, people are streaming events off of NBC ... absolutely the coolest thing NBC decided to do!
    Recently when I went there to look at the available videos, I get slapped with a message that says the videos are only for US residents.

And the best events took place during working hours so I'm set to miss the entire gymnastic and diving schedules.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 08-12-08 at 09:24 AM.

It was kind of funny. My bro and I saw the attitude of how the AMerican Gymanstic team won and how Japan looked after the competition... we kept going, " that's not the attitude" Look at CHina, the coach said that he would jump off the tallest building in Beijing if his team did not get the Gold Medal.

But I guess, the US did well considering that they loss the Hamm's and didn't even think about placing for a medal. They did do better than the last 2 olympics yah?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Aww damnit, no medal for Canada.

But yay for China!!!
    they even killed the last dive...which apparantly they had trouble with during practice

Come on, let's root for the Chinese women's gymnastics team! (yes I realize that not everyone is Chinese, but I'm so piped for it..so HA!)

Who's watching? My parents are hogging TV at 10 p.m. for some stupid Chinese drama with Zhao Wei (I wanna whack her on the head....her stupid pathetic dramas). But I'm hoping to catch the last hour or so (the most important parts anyway).

Come on, let's root for the Chinese women's gymnastics team! (yes I realize that not everyone is Chinese, but I'm so piped for it..so HA!)

Who's watching? My parents are hogging TV at 10 p.m. for some stupid Chinese drama with Zhao Wei (I wanna whack her on the head....her stupid pathetic dramas). But I'm hoping to catch the last hour or so (the most important parts anyway).
    you mean the team where the average age is 4 years old? I'm against child labor so I'll pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    you mean the team where the average age is 4 years old? I'm against child labor so I'll pass on this one.
    Evidence Mister, Evidence....

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It was kind of funny. My bro and I saw the attitude of how the AMerican Gymanstic team won and how Japan looked after the competition... we kept going, " that's not the attitude" Look at CHina, the coach said that he would jump off the tallest building in Beijing if his team did not get the Gold Medal.

But I guess, the US did well considering that they loss the Hamm's and didn't even think about placing for a medal. They did do better than the last 2 olympics yah?
    I really wanted to see that fool jump off a building doing a triple back flip before he land splat on the concrete . Seriously, the US should have the silver if they have the hamm brothers. The 2 alternate can't perform high level skills to get the scores, they don't mess up but they don't do it hard enough.

the US lost the silver by about 3 points, the chinese dude on the US team was responsible for atleast 2 of that if not 3, normal people average 15+ on the event while he was getting 12.775. The Indian guy on the team was also responsible for some of that, although not as much. Silver was within reach for sure.
    Last edited by warlock110; 08-12-08 at 02:06 PM.

I really wanted to see that fool jump off a building doing a triple back flip before he land splat on the concrete . Seriously, the US should have the silver if they have the hamm brothers. The 2 alternate can't perform high level skills to get the scores, they don't mess up but they don't do it hard enough.

the US lost the silver by about 3 points, the chinese dude on the US team was responsible for atleast 2 of that if not 3, normal people average 15+ on the event while he was getting 12.775. The Indian guy on the team was also responsible for some of that, although not as much. Silver was within reach for sure.
    that's because all the other teams messed up under high pressure. there's no say that the hamm brothres won't mess up under high pressure, either. senerios. senerios.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    that's because all the other teams messed up under high pressure. there's no say that the hamm brothres won't mess up under high pressure, either. senerios. senerios.
    the other team didn't mess up, it's just that their difficulties level is much higher than the US's team on certain events. Even with the mess up (mostly landing) with the higher starting value they didn't loose much. You can check the final scores, there wasn't much different on events they messed up and the ones they didn't.

Yup, I agree the Asain dude messed up, but you gotta look at it at another perspective. A lot of critics didn't believe in this team. They weren't even a lock to win any medals, but yet they managed to win a bronze. Even though winning a silver is nice, but I'd guess they'll settle for the bronze based on their reactions last night.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    Yup, I agree the Asain dude messed up, but you gotta look at it at another perspective. A lot of critics didn't believe in this team. They weren't even a lock to win any medals, but yet they managed to win a bronze. Even though winning a silver is nice, but I'd guess they'll settle for the bronze based on their reactions last night.
    that chinese dude must have felt pretty bad, his *** was only on 2 event and he manage to score the lowest score on 1 event of the entire men team (out of all the teams not just the USA). I can tell he wasn't comfortable at the interview ahha.

I am!! I'm so excited! I hope they get the gold....

GO TEAM CHINA

Go Chinese women's gymnastics team! ^O^!!! *waves flag*

The US should easily win the overall medal count, although China will probably edge them out in most Gold's. However the US is just too deep in Swimming and Track & Field, both of which have a ton of medals involved. If you use that point system, the US will probably squeak by in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post
    The US should easily win the overall medal count, although China will probably edge them out in most Gold's. However the US is just too deep in Swimming and Track & Field, both of which have a ton of medals involved. If you use that point system, the US will probably squeak by in the end.
    I agree. In order to beat the US in medal count, China should start to train runners and get their own Michael Phelps.

Woo hoo! Michael Phelps just made Olympic history by becoming the first to win 10 gold medals.