Thread: I faced down five Shaolin monks and brought home the Heaven Sword today...

Default I faced down five Shaolin monks and brought home the Heaven Sword today...

...in L.A.'s Chinatown.

Was bored today, so took a day trip out to L.A.'s Chinatown, where I haven't gone in a while. There's been a summer-long cultural fair going on out there, and today featured a performance of martial arts by five Shaolin monks...including weapons and chi skills. It got up close and personal; one of the monks had his prop sabre just about a foot from my nose at one point. I proudly (but perhaps stupidly) stood my ground.

A little later, I went into a curio shop and, for $2.50, walked out with a wooden sword inscribed "Heaven Sword" in Chinese (i.e. Jin Yong's Heaven Sword). I figure this must have been the one that Cheung Mo Gei used during his duel with the Eight-Armed Swordsman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    ...in L.A.'s Chinatown.

Was bored today, so took a day trip out to L.A.'s Chinatown, where I haven't gone in a while. There's been a summer-long cultural fair going on out there, and today featured a performance of martial arts by five Shaolin monks...including weapons and chi skills. It got up close and personal; one of the monks had his prop sabre just about a foot from my nose at one point. I proudly (but perhaps stupidly) stood my ground.

A little later, I went into a curio shop and, for $2.50, walked out with a wooden sword inscribed "Heaven Sword" in Chinese (i.e. Jin Yong's Heaven Sword). I figure this must have been the one that Cheung Mo Gei used during his duel with the Eight-Armed Swordsman.
    your internal must be really strong to have stood close to a shaolin monk unleashing his powerful palm winds.

and you should try breaking your sword, it might contain 9 yin scriptures.

I've seen those before, too. But as I have reached the stage of defeating sword w/o sword, I passed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I've seen those before, too. But as I have reached the stage of defeating sword w/o sword, I passed on it.
    Oh yeah? Well I have reached the stage of overcoming a gun without a gun. And we all know what happens when you bring a knife to a gunfight.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Oh yeah? Well I have reached the stage of overcoming a gun without a gun. And we all know what happens when you bring a knife to a gunfight.

that's why i don't go to gunfights

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    I usually bring a toaster to gunfights myself.

Come to think of it, all I brought to my showdown with the Shaolin monks was an egg custard pie...

Is the sword missing 6 inches from the tip?

From HSDS chapter 24:

A loud hiss was
    heard from Fang Dongbai. He thrusted the Heaven Sword forward with every
    once of evergy he had left, putting everything into this one strike.

Recognising the danger of the situation, Zhang Wuji used his sword to
    block. With great skill, Fang Dongbai adjusted his stance slightly. The
    Heaven Sword now attacked from the side. With a 'qing' sound, six inches
    of the wooden sword was cut off. The minor obstruction was not enough to
    hold back the Heaven Sword and it stabbed straight at Zhang Wuj's chest.

Buying the Heaven Sword is utterly useless. You must buy the Dragon Sabre. Then do the usual and see if there is any treasure.