Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 4x100m Freestyle Relay.

Default I knew there was no way in hell....

...that that little Chinese girl could be 16 years old....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/...derage_chinese

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dan~ View Post
    Who saw it yesterday? I saw it live I'm sure everyone knows about it. Wow, I mean I don't particular root for USA that often (I live in Canada) but I wanted Phelps and team USA to win..what a race.
    i think swimming is so freaking BORING....n i'm very sick of hearing Micheal Phelps this and that...so BORING......

Yeah, honestly, whenever he's on, I don't even watch. It's not exciting anymore. I only watch women's swimming now. I was talking about this salesperson today.

Exciting things only happen when a race is close or when a dark horse/underdog comes out. Otherwise, it's not exciting. You would only watch if you're a fan of the sport. For swimming-illiterate people like me who like to watch to see who wins, it's just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Yeah, honestly, whenever he's on, I don't even watch. It's not exciting anymore. I only watch women's swimming now. I was talking about this salesperson today.

Exciting things only happen when a race is close or when a dark horse/underdog comes out. Otherwise, it's not exciting. You would only watch if you're a fan of the sport. For swimming-illiterate people like me who like to watch to see who wins, it's just boring.
    i SERIOUSLY think the IOC need to ban people for completing more than 3 events...more enjoyable...

I'm not a fan of swimming either, but I still watch because I want to see Mike break the record. Oh, and he's just hot.

I would LMAO if someone beat him in the 8th race. But obviously that's not gonna happen. Hence = predictable = boring.

Ew, he's not hot. But I'm not gonna get into that again.

His next race is where he doesn't hold the world record, his countryman Ian Crocker does. But I don't think Crocker can beat Phelps since Phelps has had his number all year. After that is basically assured. But it would be disastrous if something like the US getting disqualified on the relay because of a false start.

I would LMAO if someone beat him in the 8th race. But obviously that's not gonna happen. Hence = predictable = boring.

Ew, he's not hot. But I'm not gonna get into that again.
    it would be great news when 8 years from now, they find a way to test him for steroid....lol...since all the winner will need to have a sample for the IOC, they will keep it for 10 years....

Phelps won half of US gold medals....which is sad...US won mostly bronze...just to show u that the world are catching up to US in sports...
    Last edited by SkyKing; 08-15-08 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    it would be great news when 8 years from now, they find a way to test him for steroid....lol...since all the winner will need to have a sample for the IOC, they will keep it for 10 years....
    he doesn't even physically look like he's on steroids...esp during athens. If anything they should test him for genetic manipulation

Phelps won half of US gold medals....which is sad...US won mostly bronze...just to show u that the world are catching up to US in sports...
    You must really hate US to the bone...

God KST, stop being such a hater my dear.

Maybe Michael Phelps is really this guy:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2008/05/Aquaman-Posters.jpg')

It's just a little humor jadebunny dearie. Not everyone is a hater just because they make fun of someone haha.

Phelps grandfather is Aquaman, his other grandfather is probably Poseidon.

It's just a little humor jadebunny dearie. Not everyone is a hater just because they make fun of someone haha.
    I'm also just using a bit of humor too. Though I'm not sure SK was kidding when he said all that.

"Rest of the world" being 1 country. It also just happens to be the host country that automatically qualifies in every single event so there's more chances to win medals and not to mention home field advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post
    "Rest of the world" being 1 country. It also just happens to be the host country that automatically qualifies in every single event so there's more chances to win medals and not to mention home field advantage.
    The most interesting olympics was one that US hosted ages ago (first time they hosted). They won 80+ out of 90+ gold. Of course 70 of those events were only contested by the US.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

What do you mean by automatically qualifies? You're saying just BECAUSE China's the host country, they automatically qualify? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying. If I'm interpreting it right, you are telling me the host country can participate it all events .... but don't all countries get the same opportunity?!?

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying. If I'm interpreting it right, you are telling me the host country can participate it all events .... but don't all countries get the same opportunity?!?
    Host country can participate in all events, but it means jack if the individual/team representing the host country isn't competitive. If you are not good enough to qualify normally, chances are you are far from a medal position.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.