Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Wu Ji the best in the world at the time?

Default Zhang Wu Ji the best in the world at the time?

In HSDS, WuJi just keeps getting better and better. He is considered by many in the storyline to be one of the greatest, but the question is, is he the greatest of his time? Can anyone beat him?

Aside from (possibly) Zhang Sanfeng or (totally speculatively) the Yellow Dress Girl, nobody at all.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Zhang Sanfeng made that comment about Zhang Wuji's eyes and how he only know two people who have that level of internal energy. I think that means Zhang Sanfeng's internal isn't as beastly as Zhang Wuji.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Zhang Sanfeng made that comment about Zhang Wuji's eyes and how he only know two people who have that level of internal energy. I think that means Zhang Sanfeng's internal isn't as beastly as Zhang Wuji.
    Zhang Sanfeng did think himself as having reached that level.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Not necessarily. ZSF could very well have those eyes too, but it just wouldn't seem too proper to have him stick in the phrase "Oh yeah, I have those eyes too" after commenting on ZWJ.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Zhang Sanfeng did think himself as having reached that level.
    In that case, I think that gives him an edge over ZWJ technique wise and intelligence wise.

ZSF should have much better fighting instincts; he's the kid who managed to fend off an elite martial artist, He Zhudao, for a good while when he was a small shrimp who hadn't even been trained properly. But Zhang Wuji has arguably superior internal energy and definitely more lasting power. I don't think ZSF could overcome ZWJ in a short while, and eventually, his age and stamina would cost him the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    ZSF should have much better fighting instincts; he's the kid who managed to fend off an elite martial artist, He Zhudao, for a good while when he was a small shrimp who hadn't even been trained properly. But Zhang Wuji has arguably superior internal energy and definitely more lasting power. I don't think ZSF could overcome ZWJ in a short while, and eventually, his age and stamina would cost him the battle.
    PJ stated that Z3F thought of himself as reaching the internal energy level of ZWJ. If that's true, then Z3F should totally be the best of HSDS.

Yes, I think ZWJ > ZSF:

Because all else being equal, ZWJ has shown time and again his amazing ability to fight to his full potential.

Further, his ability to overcome strange and bizarre techniques is unparalleled. The more strange the opposing stance, the more certain he can overcome it in short time. His battle intelligence and ferocity is unmatched under heaven.

Finally, since all of his opponents had lower internal than himself, fighting someone with internal energy only on par with his own should be a trivial matter. He even knows some of ZSF's supreme arts. There's no way that ZSF can win. None.

PJ stated that Z3F thought of himself as reaching the internal energy level of ZWJ. If that's true, then Z3F should totally be the best of HSDS.
    It was mentioned that ZSF, ZWJ, YG, and GJ all reached that pinnacle level of internal cultivation.

3 of the 4 have novels around their stories, one of them, unfortunately, doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingX View Post
    Because all else being equal, ZWJ has shown time and again his amazing ability to fight to his full potential.
    What?

Further, his ability to overcome strange and bizarre techniques is unparalleled. The more strange the opposing stance, the more certain he can overcome it in short time. His battle intelligence and ferocity is unmatched under heaven.
    What?

Finally, since all of his opponents had lower internal than himself, fighting someone with internal energy only on par with his own should be a trivial matter. He even knows some of ZSF's supreme arts. There's no way that ZSF can win. None.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4898/whatthepicardzk9.jpg')

Is this an instance of:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mojoreisen.com/mojoreisen/mojoimg/Sarcasm.jpg')

Sarcasm, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    It was mentioned that ZSF, ZWJ, YG, and GJ all reached that pinnacle level of internal cultivation.

3 of the 4 have novels around their stories, one of them, unfortunately, doesn't.
    Where was this mentioned?

What?

What?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4898/whatthepicardzk9.jpg')

Is this an instance of:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mojoreisen.com/mojoreisen/mojoimg/Sarcasm.jpg')
    I agree.

Right, very nice

Thumbs up

What?

Totally agree!

By the way, I had a great laugh the last time someone posted this Picard's wtf. I never imagined this pic is saved and posted again! Though I'm not sure if PJ posted this out of humor or sacarsm, this definitely brighten my day!!

Wtf, I enjoyed Picard's wtf!!

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    I'm *still* waiting for the James T. Kirk version.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Totally agree!

By the way, I had a great laugh the last time someone posted this Picard's wtf. I never imagined this pic is saved and posted again! Though I'm not sure if PJ posted this out of humor or sacarsm, this definitely brighten my day!!

Yup, that's my beloved, 'wtf is this shi.t' pic. I've posted it many-a time over the past few months...

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingX View Post
    Yes, I think ZWJ > ZSF:

This is a joke right?

anyway IMO I think in a real all-out fight, ZWJ would outlast Z3F.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    This is a joke right?

anyway IMO I think in a real all-out fight, ZWJ would outlast Z3F.
    ZWJ would certainly find a way to choke like he always does. Remember the guy have never fought an opponent of the caliber like Z3F.

But Z3F at age 115+, will find it hard to muster a strong stream of internal for a length of them.

ZBT at age 90(?) realised he was losing internal in his blows after a while fighting with Yang Guo.