Thread: Packing for travel.

Default Packing for travel.

Do you travel light or do you even bring the kitchen sink with you()?

What do you bring when you travel? Do you bring only essentials or include stuff in case you need it?

I pack pretty light. Essentials like clothes, tootbrush, toothpaste, razors, cologne, shaving cream. Most important items are PSP and IPod.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Lite.

Because I don't like the dark.

ARTS.

Now that that's out of the way, I would just say that I'm a lite packer. I don't bring a suitcase of stuff for a weekend trip.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

My baggage tends to be pretty heavy - I usually drag along at least two books, a sketchbook, a note-book, a few ballpoint pens and my drawing kit. Thank goodness for the invention of mp3 players - those CDs used to take up a lot of space, not to mention they were surprisingly heavy.
    However, I almost always leave half of the truly important, handy stuff at home - and remember only when I'm sitting in the bus or a train, that I've forgotten to bring a toothbrush, that I've left the cell-phone charger on my bed table and that I don't have any reserve pair of shoes.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Heavy.

Because eating is my favorite pastime.

J/K...I'm a very light packer. I usually can manage a 2 week trip with just one carry on and a computer bag. I'd really advise people to pack wisely nowadays, because airlines are charging outragous fees for additional baggages. American Airlines is now charging $15 for the first checked bag, and many other carriers are set to follow.

Light. Most ladies I know travel light, while the guys travel heavy and still forget things. It's all about good management?

I once went on a week-long business trip with 2 guys and 1 girl. We girls have only one carry-on each and we have to wait for the guys' huge suitcases during transfer.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I travel pretty light usually. Clothes, washcloth, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, brush, lotion, sunblock, iRiver, and camera are essentials. Everything else can be bought.

Bunny, is iRiver good? I was thinking of getting one too.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I prefer to travel light. I bring essentials like my toohtbrush, toothpaste, mp3 player, camera phone, face cloth, brush and change of clothes. Other essentials can be bought.

ppl taking prescription medicine or pain killers on holiday are not uncommon, but it is always advisable to check with the doctor/pharmacist to find out if there are restrictions in the country you are visiting.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 08-17-08 at 01:02 PM.

I prefer to travel light, packing exactly enough clothes/stuff to last me for the entire trip. I usually have so much free space in my luggage that my friends/family pile their stuff into mine. I can always buy if I run out of or forget certain essentials, but I have never experienced that before The first thing I pack will always be my gadgets, NDS, ipod, phone and camera, can't possibly buy new ones if I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Bunny, is iRiver good? I was thinking of getting one too.
    I really like mine. It's an older model...the H10, so it's bigger than your average mp3 player nowadays. I really don't mind though because I can control the volume and change songs directly with the player in my jean pockets.

Sound quality is also not bad. I've upgraded the software so that it can also play videos, but I tend to use it mainly for listening to music and recording lectures, so the video function is not really needed. It works well for what I need it for. I'm not a tech-savvy person so you might want to check out real reviews.

^I used to own a H10 too, but sold it off very quickly because it reacted too slowly for my liking. I don't know whether it is just my bad luck that I got a slow machine or iriver/H10 in general react slightly slower than ipod