Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Soup or Salad

View Poll Results: Choose

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Salad

    6 31.58%
  • Soup

    15 78.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Soup or Salad

  1. #1
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Soup or Salad

    Restaurants often give you either soup or salad with your food.

    Which do people like more?

    Personally, I love soups. I don't really like eating salad, since most restaurants have crappy dressing.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  2. #2
    Senior Member jadebunny9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hoppingland
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    I'm going to pick both. At one of my most favorite spots to eat, the salads there are hands down the best salads in the world.

    Then there are the other places that serve salad...and so I choose soup instead.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Soup. I don't like rabbit food.
    Last edited by bellamia; 08-14-08 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Oops. Can't spell

  4. #4
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Soap. I don't like rabbit food.
    Hehehe, soap is much bubblier.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Radken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    花果山水濂洞
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Most of the time I get both but if I have to pick one it would be soup. It's more filling and it warms you up if you're cold. A salad is suppose to be healthy but dumping globs of dressing on top is anything but.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Hehehe, soap is much bubblier.
    Also, more soothing and flavorful. There's nothing that beat a bowl of chicken noodle soup when I'm sick.

    What kind of soup do you like?

  7. #7
    Senior Member jadebunny9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hoppingland
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    You guys should join the FOOD group.

    Why do you like eating soap Bella? I mean, it might smell good but.....taste-wise.....

  8. #8
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    I like chicken noodle as well. I also really like tomato soup or vegetable soup.
    I made this thread while I was eating soup.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    What is wrong with the taste, bunnie? I'm really bad though, because I like to add spices into my soup, whether it's tobacco sauce or chillies. So the flavors alter a bit...

    Jade, have you ever tried the "real" New England clam chowder? I also love salmon clam chowder, seafood bisques, and potato soap.

  10. #10
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    I have tried some sort of clam chowder and I liked it. I haven't had any of the real stuff though . Seafood soup is always yummy.

    I also like hot and sour soup and am in the process of learning how to make it, and miso soup. Soups are delicious.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  11. #11
    Senior Member jadebunny9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hoppingland
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    What is wrong with the taste, bunnie? I'm really bad though, because I like to add spices into my soup, whether it's tobacco sauce or chillies. So the flavors alter a bit...

    Jade, have you ever tried the "real" New England clam chowder? I also love salmon clam chowder, seafood bisques, and potato soap.
    The taste is soapy, that's why. Jaded and I are only teasing you, but not sure if you caught on yet.....


    I love clam chowder....at least at one of the places where I've tried it. The clam chowder they serve at the school cafeteria is............yeah.........

    I'm more into Asian soups. Now those are just loooove.
    Last edited by jadebunny9; 08-14-08 at 04:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    it. The clam chowder they serve at the school cafeteria is............yeah.........

    I'm more into Asian soups. Now those are just loooove.
    yes, asian soup is much better...but at a restuarant that asks you "soup or salad", they don't usually serve asian soup

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Did you say Asian soups, bunnie dear? Here are some soups that I like:

    Bun Bo Hue - Vietnamese (This is truly my favorite dish in a whole wide world)


    Banh Canh - Vietnamese


    Kimchee Soup - Korean


    Seeweed Soup - Korean (I can eat this every single day) Very healthy!


    Mushroom Miso Soup - Japanese

  14. #14
    Senior Member ChanceEncounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Soap. I don't like rabbit food.
    The bunny was having some fun with your unfortunate spelling mistake.

    It really depends on what I'm going to eat. If I'm having something that's dry, I prefer the soup, and vice versa.

  15. #15
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,699

    Default

    Go to Souplantation and you can have the best of both worlds.

    Or the worst of both worlds, if you're cynical.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Soup. I don't usually eat salads.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    The bunny was having some fun with your unfortunate spelling mistake.
    Oh geeze, completely missed the error. Now, that helps explain Jade's response. Duh.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Sillyana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    318

    Talking

    I can't choose between Soup and Salad. Because I like the twice food

    I really like Corn Soup and Salad. Its very nice

  19. #19
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    soup

    clam chowder <3

  20. #20
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Oh geeze, completely missed the error. Now, that helps explain Jade's response. Duh.
    You girls make me crack.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •