Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I knew there was no way in hell.....

i thought rennie dear was just being sarcastic....

Lol, me too.

This issue is quickly losing it's fun value. Very excited for the individual all around though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    i thought rennie dear was just being sarcastic....
    I was absolutely genuine and sincere when I said that a person who makes such abrasive, aggressive, attacking posts using such language deserves all the condemnation which KChill might deliver.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Yes, the reason why this is becoming so big is because the US team lost. I really hope they don't find anything though because the Chinese girls worked hard for their medal, even if they might not have been qualified to compete age-wise.
    I wouldn't even add that last sentence..."even if they might not have been qualified." People are just going to blow your statement out of proportion and question, "o so you think so too, and you are chinese right?"

This is pure absurdity. News report should report the truth and not empty accusations that do nothing but stir the situation. Until they have proof, they should quit the whinning and move on.

All I know right now is, "she looks effing young." Other than that, it is all a blur. She can be 26 and I wouldn't know ... not likely but hey - if birth certificate is a justifiable evidence, then that should shut all traps!

KChill, please don't open a brand new thread for a measely little article as such. There's another thread regarding this, so just continue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I was absolutely genuine and sincere when I said that a person who makes such abrasive, aggressive, attacking posts using such language deserves all the condemnation which KChill might deliver.
    You attacked first and if you can't run with the big dogs, keep your behind on the porch!!! IOW, would you like some cheese to go with your "whine", cause you're still doing plenty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    I wouldn't even add that last sentence..."even if they might not have been qualified." People are just going to blow your statement out of proportion and question, "o so you think so too, and you are chinese right?"

This is pure absurdity. News report should report the truth and not empty accusations that do nothing but stir the situation. Until they have proof, they should quit the whinning and move on.

All I know right now is, "she looks effing young." Other than that, it is all a blur. She can be 26 and I wouldn't know ... not likely but hey - if birth certificate is a justifiable evidence, then that should shut all traps!

KChill, please don't open a brand new thread for a measely little article as such. There's another thread regarding this, so just continue there.

I didn't realize we were quantitatively weighing articles.....how many paragraphs do you feel is enough to merit it's own thread? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    You attacked first and if you can't run with the big dogs, keep your behind on the porch!!! IOW, would you like some cheese to go with your "whine", cause you're still doing plenty of it.
    Clearly, KChill, you are misunderstanding my previous post to be sarcastic in nature, because of RYY and of Tei. It was not. I absolutely do feel that anyone who dismissively refers to a person holding strong opinions of a person's age based upon their own eyes as being an "age psychic", who tries to prevent others from so much as speaking because "there is no proof", who thinks others are acting "mighty and great" and "confident and cocky" when they express their opinion using strongly worded language, is a person who has a lack of self-control, and an inability to accept strongly worded statements from others simply because of personal disagreements with its contents. It is absolutely worth condemning, be it by you, or anyone else in this forum.

And there is NO sarcasm there whatsoever.

KChill, you need to visit the Women's Gymnastics topic in this forum. You will know why RWX was like that once you read through it...
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I thought about your response, KChill, and you know what?

You're absolutely right.

I deeply apologize. Looking back, that post, as well as the one following it, was clearly one-sided and biased. It was also completely disproportional to the statement you made. Moreover, it demonstrated a lack of self-control, and an inability to accept strongly worded statements from others simply because of personal disagreements with its contents. I am forced to absolutely agree with your condemnation, and once again want to express my deepest apologies for such biased, brash, abrasive, insulting, inflammatory, and ignorant commentary.

I hope you will accept my apology.
    Bao bei, you are such a drama queen.

Yes, I think so. And yes, I am Chinese.

But this is a forum, and I don't see anything wrong with expressing our personal views. We're all entitled to whatever we believe, as long as we don't jam it down each other's throats. If you believe that they're over 16, great. I don't, and there is enough evidence pointing to them being underage.

I don't think the accusations are empty.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Like XX said, go check out the other thread first.

Naw. Although on occasion, I can be an a.sshole
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 08-14-08 at 08:14 PM.

Yes, I think so. And yes, I am Chinese.

But this is a forum, and I don't see anything wrong with expressing our personal views. We're all entitled to whatever we believe, as long as we don't jam it down each other's throats. If you believe that they're over 16, great. I don't, and there is enough evidence pointing to them being underage.

I don't think the accusations are empty.

Like XX said, go check out the other thread first.
    Substantial proof should resolve to actions removing the Chinese gymnast from further competing and possibly stripping the team from receiving ANY medals. Has that been the case? No, therefore the evidence is not enough yet. I've done my research and I would greatly appreciate it if you can guide me to some concrete evidence. Interviews from random people seeking attention or people who argues "don't look like it" probably won't convince me as much as it did for others.

As of right now, it is surely empty!

In addition, I totally misinterpret your response. For the most part, I assumed you were shocked that they are still accusing their eligibility, apparently you are one of the believers. I was mislead when you said those Chinese girls worked hard for their medals and wish for this mess not to unravel. In my opinion, if the Chinese girls are actually underage, I'm ready for the medals to be awarded to the rightful owners. Every competitor works hard hence they represent the country to join such a prestigious event. Thus, all rules should be abide to regardless of who the party involved are. I whole heartedly feel there's a conclusion to this crap. I do not blindly worship the Chinese (evident in my hatred towards the lip sync thread) nor will I find excuses to justify their stupidity in commiting ANY and ALL crimes.

To KChill: I do not understand why there's a whole new thread when this topic was already addressed in another thread. If you are just posting this to grant attention and continual stir-up, my dear - you got it!
    Last edited by pandamao; 08-14-08 at 09:01 PM.

Substantial proof should resolve to actions removing the Chinese gymnast from further competing and possibly stripping the team from receiving ANY medals. Has that been the case? No, therefore the evidence is not enough yet. I've done my research and I would greatly appreciate it if you can guide me to some concrete evidence. Interviews from random people seeking attention or people who argues "don't look like it" probably won't convince me as much as it did for others.

As of right now, it is surely empty!
    Have you read through the articles and then some? It's not just random interviews with people, and don't look like arguments. Plus the people who leaked out this were Chinese people (important ones: a Director of sports in China ). Also officials administrative sites that state there age is otherwise. Really, there's is no so call great lack of evidence as you would suggest. There is really persuasive evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness. View Post
    Have you read through the articles and then some? It's not just random interviews with people, and don't look like arguments. Plus the people who leaked out this were Chinese people (important ones: a Director of sports in China ). Also officials administrative sites that state there age is otherwise. Really, there's is no so call great lack of evidence as you would suggest. There is really persuasive evidence.
    Persuasive to you and I obviously vary greatly. I have read all those articles you mentioned from notable sites, however, as shown in previous interviews - the interpretation and translation varies greatly.

To me, the best form of evidence is the process to resolution ... ie, "China disqualified from all gymnastic competitions." There's enough media attention to start some sort of research on this ... and so far, I haven't read squat on the progress of the investigation!

Persuasive to you and I obviously vary greatly. I have read all those articles you mentioned from notable sites, however, as shown in previous interviews - the interpretation and translation varies greatly.

To me, the best form of evidence is the process to resolution ... ie, "China disqualified from all gymnastic competitions." There's enough media attention to start some sort of research on this ... and so far, I haven't read squat on the progress of the investigation!
    Obviously it's varies greatly...I guess nothing will convince you unless they do stripped their medals or one of them admits it. Then again, the IOC is too lazy anyways. But just because it's a stupid system, doesn't mean that they did NOT possibly cheat. Again, numerous sites that officially have their profile beg to differ. But since not matter what evidence comes up won't convince you, because I guess you have a high standard of what's considered to be suspicious and convincing..None of this will ever convince you, and probably nothing will because IOC has a has a stupid lazy and lenient system plus the gymnast are not going to admit it.
    Last edited by Darkness.; 08-14-08 at 09:23 PM.

I think there have been more than enough evidence to raise suspicions. I wouldn't say I'm sure, but if I was to bet all my marbles, I'd bet that they're underage. All these types of 'evidence' can't all be a variation of accidents, misinterpretations, etc. The more simpler explanation is that they do lead to the one point of that they're underage. Again, chances are nothing will be done, so we'll never truly know. But that won't stop us raising suspicions based on quite a work of evidence.

Ken Ken Ken...where are you? Can you merge this topic with the Women's Gymnastics one? Same debate going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness. View Post
    Obviously it's varies greatly...I guess nothing will convince you unless they do stripped their medals or one of them admits it. Then again, the IOC is too lazy anyways. But just because it's a stupid system, doesn't mean that they did NOT possibly cheat. Again, numerous sites that officially have their profile beg to differ. But since not matter what evidence comes up won't convince you, because I guess you have a high standard of what's considered to be suspicious and convincing..None of this will ever convince you, and probably nothing will because IOC has a has a stupid lazy and lenient system plus the gymnast are not going to admit it.
    Yes. Right on.

I believe in giving people the benefit of a doubt. Apparently you have vented your frustration on me because I do not view things the same way as you. No matter how lazy an organization is, with this kind of media attention - they will have to do something. Right now, I'm waiting for them to step up and comment. They probably haven't done so because they are still analyzing all forms of "evidence." Again, it's my benefit of doubt that I warrant others. You definitely don't have to feel the same way. I've witness numerous trials where the whole world was convinced he was guilty but to turn out innocent. I don't see why this situation is not applicable.

Yes, I do have a problem when someone conveys me as an ignorant fool because I believe the evidence is not persuasive enough. We all know how manipulative the media is. Just because more people and jumping on the band wagon, doesn't mean I should be negatively influenced and erase all forms of logic.

Yes. Right on.

I believe in giving people the benefit of a doubt. Apparently you have vented your frustration on me because I do not view things the same way as you. No matter how lazy an organization is, with this kind of media attention - they will have to do something. Right now, I'm waiting for them to step up and comment. They probably haven't done so because they are still analyzing all forms of "evidence." Again, it's my benefit of doubt that I warrant others. You definitely don't have to feel the same way. I've witness numerous trials where the whole world was convinced he was guilty but to turn out innocent. I don't see why this situation is not applicable.

Yes, I do have a problem when someone conveys me as an ignorant fool because I believe the evidence is not persuasive enough. We all know how manipulative the media is. Just because more people and jumping on the band wagon, doesn't mean I should be negatively influenced and erase all forms of logic.
    Does this mean you also think OJ Simpson was innocent? Hey he can out of court completely innocent, so do you believe he's completely innocent? Yeah, it's true sometimes the innocent get unjust treatment, but that doesn't mean the opposite doesn't happen (where the guilty get away). Again, nothing has been do to them yet hence they aren't 'innocent getting pinned as guilty' but they could very well be guilty getting away. Also, we don't know whether the IOC will do anything, we can assume that they do the logical thing but that's not always the case. Again, they've already stated that it's not their job to investigate and they simply take the info given to them by the government. I'm NOT conveying you as a fool if you feel that way then I apologize..but you clearly have a different mentality as I do and I was merely contrasting/clashing the different viewpoints as which seems ideal..
    Last edited by Darkness.; 08-14-08 at 09:47 PM.

Ken Ken Ken...where are you? Can you merge this topic with the Women's Gymnastics one? Same debate going on.
    He's busy with ARTS.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Yes he can. He is a moderator after all, hence he has the power..ARTS?