Thread: Paralympics?

Default Paralympics?

I wish they got more attention than the regular Olympics. Those athletes go through so much adversity and jump through more hoops to get to where they are today.

Why do you think people care less about them? I never hear any names of famous Paralympic athletes (or maybe I just don't watch enough sports). I'm going to make an effort to though in September =) I think this should be more interesting than regular Olympics!

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    I wish they got more attention than the regular Olympics. Those athletes go through so much adversity and jump through more hoops to get to where they are today.

Why do you think people care less about them? I never hear any names of famous Paralympic athletes (or maybe I just don't watch enough sports). I'm going to make an effort to though in September =) I think this should be more interesting than regular Olympics!
    what do you think? we're talking about sport here.

And what are you implying exactly? .....Hopefully not what I think you are.

A lot of people don't even know what Paralympics are.

My old HS hosts the local paralympics and I was there to help out several times. These athletes are no joke...they can kick our butts anytime. It was interesting to hang out with them because at the end of the day, you realize that they're actually still very normal, and a lot of them are very sweet.

We had one of those events at our school as well. I think it would be nice if there was more media coverage of them so people can gain awareness.