Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usain Bolt

Bad passers on both parts.

Especially bad for Tyson Gay, though. The baton was in his hand and he couldn't close his fingers around it. Even though it's the passer's job to jam it in there, that one could have been held onto.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

All of this extreme record breaking: Bolt, Phelps, I thing is contributed by the global warming. The melting of ice cap in the north pole allow the shifting of earth a little bit from its current axis which in turn allow the earth gravity to reduce a little bit each day making people gradually becoming a super human.

Nice theory, but there's just so much wrong about it. Earth's mass should still be the same whether things melt or not.

I get to see the baton being dropped several more times, thanks to NBC's reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Nice theory, but there's just so much wrong about it. Earth's mass should still be the same whether things melt or not.

I get to see the baton being dropped several more times, thanks to NBC's reruns.
    you can see that those guys aren't used to handling a stick of that size. shame shame

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post

Well, the earth weight is still the same but now most of the weight in northern hemisphere is loosing out and move to the south into the sea. So the equilibrium at the axis between north and south is now changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    You wish have been granted.
    Lol, not quite my wish. I wanted both teams to be present and still see USA getting smashed. Them dropping the batton in both races, kind of an anticlimax
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

I heard people were complaining that he was too "unprofessional" after winning by running around with his flag and stuff. Uhh....the man is not allowed to be happy he got gold?

Quarrie defends Bolt against Rogge's comments
    CMC
    Friday, August 22, 2008

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) - Former Olympic champion and Jamaican track & field legend Don Quarrie has come to the defence of countryman Usain Bolt, following accusations of showboating made by Jacques Rogge, president of the International Olympic Council.

Speaking early yesterday in Beijing during a conference at the 29th Olympiad, Quarrie said Rogge might have gotten it all wrong when he accused the 22-year-old double world- record holder and Olympic champion of not respecting his opponents.

"There was no showboating on his part. Usain, being a young man, is still maturing. He was just enthusiastic, very happy. There was never any animosity," said the Jamaican icon, who won the 200 metres gold at the 1976 Games in Montreal.

"It came from within. What he does - there is nothing negative for the sport. He was just so overwhelmed at what was going on. He is funny, playful, happy and that is what came out after he ran."

The Jamaican won the 100 metres in 9.69 seconds last Saturday and returned to win the 200 metres in 19.30 seconds on Wednesday, one day before he turned 22.

Rogge said he believed Bolt should have focussed on congratulating his opponents after the race instead of celebrating as he did.

"That's not the way we perceive being a champion. I have no problem with him doing a show," Rogge was quoted as saying.

"I think he should show more respect for his competitors and shake hands, give a tap on the shoulder to the other ones immediately after the finish and not make gestures like the one he made in the 100 metres."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...S_COMMENTS.asp

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

thats retarded. he won it. he performed well. they shouldn't be able to tell him how to celebrate his victory. if he doesn't want to congratulate the LOSERS, they're gonna force him to be behave a certain way? the way he celebrate it look more amusing then offensive. it look like a nike commercial or something. anyways he is the olympic champion, he should be able to celebrate his victory.

Yeah, I don't really get it. He was going against his own world record, he had the Gold locked up, and he was clearly very happy about it. Let him pound his chest and celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by shanghai girls are hot View Post
    thats retarded. he won it. he performed well. they shouldn't be able to tell him how to celebrate his victory. if he doesn't want to congratulate the LOSERS, they're gonna force him to be behave a certain way? the way he celebrate it look more amusing then offensive. it look like a nike commercial or something. anyways he is the olympic champion, he should be able to celebrate his victory.
    Agree. Bolt is something special, he's a performer and a star, not just another gold winning athlete who goes around doing the politically correct/societal accepted way.

It's not like Bolt completely snobbed them when they caught up to him later.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    It's not like Bolt completely snobbed them when they caught up to him later.
    At the rate he was going, maybe they're just now catching up.