Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Spcnet Members

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Were the questions to him too provocative?
    you should open a thread in the open debate section

"Should TC answer his interview questions."
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

I would guess the showstopper for him is probably the question alluding to his multiple accounts.

Really, we already know he's PeterBahn, so why ask and scare him out of the interview?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    you should open a thread in the open debate section

"Should TC answer his interview questions."
    Don't forget the poll "Yes, No, Who's this guy again?"
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

Were the questions to him too provocative?
    I bet someone asked him if he had a crush on Ken Cheng

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    what profile??
    Our profile profile...the spcnet one. Unless I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    TC has a lot of secret fans actually. We are just starting to come out recently.
    You guys can count me out.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I bet someone asked him if he had a crush on Ken Cheng
    Oh noes, who would ask such a horrific question?

Well, that question was bound to come up sooner or later.

As usual, this is spam central for you guys. I'm waiting for Kidd's interview!

Anyone who hasn't been interviewed on that list, better hurry up with the answers and answer them enough so that we know who you really are.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    As usual, this is spam central for you guys.
    Lady, we've been locked on topic this time. Everything we've discussed has been in terms of interviews.

To be honest, we haven't really been off-topic too many times overall.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    To be honest, we haven't really been off-topic too many times overall.
    The ramen noodles are over there.

-points-

Where where where?

EDIT: Oh grrrr.....you're the evil spy!
    Last edited by jadebunny9; 09-08-08 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    As usual, this is spam central for you guys. I'm waiting for Kidd's interview!

Anyone who hasn't been interviewed on that list, better hurry up with the answers and answer them enough so that we know who you really are.
    I had been keeping an eye on the crews.

Plus most of the spam nowadays occurs in the personal conversation pages.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I had been keeping an eye on the crews.

Plus most of the spam nowadays occurs in the personal conversation pages.

Han Solo
    Ooohhh, yes. Dr Han has secretly become the devil's advocate.....I mean the spammers' advocate.

Dr. Han, good morning! Had your breakie already? (semi-interview with SPCNET (considerably) members....?)
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Default ........*drum rolls* PJ's -Jaw-dropping- Interview

Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen, Monkeys & Elephant (if any ) ....... long awaiting..... Here I present you, our friendly neighbourhood prankster, PJ (aka Precious Jade aka Power Jawdroppée*'s Interview)

*Jawdroppée - one who creates a sensation that makes others' jaws fall off.

Sit back with popcorns..... Enjoy!
    __________________________________________________ __________

1. What is your real-life occupation? What do you do for a living?

I'm just another Asian kid who turned out to be a cyber geek Currently my work involves developing informatics solutions to improve research in the life sciences/biotech domain (informatics is the intersection of computer science, statistics, and biomedical science). The interesting thing about this field that attracted me to it is the level of unmet needs, and thus the tremendous opportunities for improvement (with the ultimate outcome of improving social conditions). The reason that prescription drugs cost so much in general is the intensive and costly research that goes into it. Currently, it costs approximately $1.0 billion USD to successfully discover and develop ONE drug. To make the research process more efficient, and thus reduce the price patients pay, we apply informatics capabilities to generate better drug candidates, which improves the translation of benchside research into safe, effective medicine that patients can actually benefit from.

2. What do you do as past-time, other than visiting SPCNET?

Outside of work, I can usually be found reading for the 29th time the passage from Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils where Jiumozhi slices a palm-shaped piece of bronze with his LDA of Prajna Palm, admiring the composition of an exquisitely shot photograph, analyzing the editing in a 1920s Soviet Montage film, and as much as I can, freeing myself from the cage (aka indulging in outdoor activities, especially skiing in the winter).

3. Why did you initially join SPCNET? What about SPCNET makes you stay? (from 2002 til now....that's a wong wong time....)

SPCNET is truly a great community, and what makes it great is the people. Many of us have come here out of our -passion- for Asian entertainment, and I'm no different. However, what has kept me, and probably many other long-timers, is the bonds we've established with our fellow forumites. For me, it's great to be able to discuss wuxia with a fellow English-speaking, Chinese-aware audience, but let me say that I've truly enjoyed and appreciated the bonding experiences I've had with forum members such as Cedrey, Mamma Mia, danshu_, CC, and many others throughout the years. SPCNET has built a strong community through member participation in fun, interactive, and competitive topics, such as the SPCNET singing competition, Wuxia RPG games, Wuxia Survivor games, and of course: All-Purpose OT Spamming.

click to show/hide spoilers
    *bite lips* I read my name therrrr!!

4. Do you think you'll ever be able to beat Ken as the #1 poster? Why do you post so much? Where do you get the time to post so much?

Actually, I'm not the current most active poster by far. In terms of recent postings, I believe I'm no match for Bunny, Ren Wo Xing, and a few other extremely active posters. I just happen to have a high post count thanks to steady contributions over several years.

I have no desire to become the #1 highest poster. I just jot down my thoughts as I see fit. That said, I wouldn't find myself posting as much without the interesting content contributed by fellow posters, and indeed, SPCNET with numerous outstanding personalities and a strong user base, the sun doesn't set without something interesting happening on the forums (and by extension, its social functions).

I consider myself to be a wuxia loyalist, and I think about 90% of my posts must be in that forum.

5. what is PJ an acronym for? Surely, it isn't just Peanut Butter and Jelly? Or Pajamas? Also, who is the next great ELOC you are secretly trying to dig up info to educate us on?

Ah, the secret worth dying to know...

PJ is the first screen name I used when I was initially exposed to the world wide web in the late 90s. No, it's not denoting Peanut Butter & Jelly or Pajamas. It stands for Personal Jesus, a song by my favorite band. I had first logged in to their chatroom as Personal Jesus, but people called me PJ in abbreviation, and the name was born.

In terms of the next great ELOC, please direct your attention to the forgotten Quanzhen Master Liu Chuxuan, whom I will allude to later in the interview.

6. You appear to be quite a prankster. Yes, you are or No, you’re not? If yes, what are the kind of jokes you’ll avoid playing on others?

Haha, I do enjoy taking the piss at someone (as CC calls it) from time to time. I also have a few quirks up my sleeve, such as the ELOCism and ARTSifications. But in the case of what some folks have perceived as a gender prank: No, it's not really a prank, though some ambiguity was intentionally placed to make the atmosphere more interesting. Sometimes, it's more interesting to not have the exact answer. Anyway, you can trace my -love- for ambiguity in my justification for initiating the soup of dream question:

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    But one of the charms is to see how our lovable interviewees interpret an ambiguous question.

7. What is PDAIOTCOWFTFOM? And what is WAADTHAYUP?

Ah, IOA: Initiaton Of Acronyms, one of my favorite pastimes here on SPCNET.

Supplemental explanation: what is PDAIOTCOWFTFOM? It's basically when I play devil's advocate to obtain answers I need (aka having someone else do my homework). For example, if I'm a Democratic party supporter, and I want to know a few more intelligent ways to bash the Republican party, I would start a post, in over-the-top fashion, bashing the Democratic party, so that I can get some angry Democrats to respond with criticisms towards Republican party, aka just what I needed.

It's a tactic I've employed several times to get voluntary information out of you guys, so don't assume that everything I write is an accurate representation of my beliefs. I'm like the concealed ELOC contestants Quanzhen Master Liu Chuxuan or EDGY CROCODILE Mei Niansheng: you never know what they're thinking, or what else they got in their bag. I rather like it that way

That said, it's all done with good intention. I mainly do this for 2 reasons: 1) is to gather information for myself; 2) is in order to obtain a more unbiased argument from others, I need to disguise my beliefs; in the process I can also use their argument to evaluate my own beliefs.

8. If you only had three months to live, how would you spend them? Would you come to spcnet and tell the forum you are going to die? Would you ask to meet any Spcnet members? Or will you just disappear from the forum?

In that case the honest answer is I would try to get the most out of my remaining days.

9. That dream girl you are patiently waiting for, what is she like?

I'm still exploring. I'll know when I find her.

I don't construct an intricate model of what my partner-to-be should be like. In this case being too systematic takes the fun out of life. What I do know at this point is that personality and chemistry are more important to me than her appearance. Some traits that I'll be particularly looking for are modesty, integrity (not afraid to stand up for her beliefs), and responsibility (including the responsibility to take care of herself). And of course, they can expect the same, and more, from me.

10. What is the soup of your dream?

When I wrote this question, I had in mind a creamy Mediterranean Mussel Chowder with sprinklings of Aïoli Creme Fraiche and Tuscan Saffron.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-08-08 at 10:35 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Lady, we've been locked on topic this time. Everything we've discussed has been in terms of interviews.
    About that comment earlier, I was only half-serious.

In some cases, the posts here are too short. Some of you could've edited your posts instead of making a new post right after you had posted. You may not be off topic, but the quality of the posts resembles more of chatting. I mean some of the posts are not even complete thoughts or sentences.

Thanks, I know I am a lady. And are you a gentleman?

BTW, I've never heard of the band Personal Jesus. What kind of music do they play?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-08-08 at 08:17 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Good job, Ced, for bringing us a nice interview from P... Personal Jesus?! That's one thing I could never have guessed from PJ. Okay he just answered another of his own questions.

Anyway, that is indeed a great interview, full of surprises as promised.

Comments or questions? Fire them now!

Mine:
    Oh my!! I can't believe it! You're in bioinformatics?! Another shocker! I thought I'd never stumble into one outside work! So how did you trip upon this field? Don't tell me you planned for it 5 years ago; that is impossible.

Given your zeal to clarify your gender, I'm quite certain you are indeed a guy. But that doesn't mean you're not a naughty boy.

So what is WAADTHAYUP?

I was expecting more in your soup, dear.

What are all those error pic icons throughout the interview? Especially after "I'm still exploring. I'll know when I find her." Is granny blinded from some intriguing diagrams?
    Last edited by expression; 09-08-08 at 10:13 AM.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

What happened to the smilies in my interview? They're not included!

The font formatting could also use some tidy-up for consistency. For example, answer #3 contains different font than other answers.

Cedrey, my love, could you take care of this? Thanks!
    Last edited by PJ; 09-08-08 at 09:54 AM.

Aiya! I knew this would happen. Apparently, smilies don't get copied and pasted. The easiest way out seems to be: when you receive the interview from the interviewee, click "reply" so that the interview with all its smilies gets decoded as quoted text. Then copy and paste the decoded version in the interview thread.

Otherwise, you'll have to redo all the smilies in the post.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

PJ has high standards.

Ahhhh! I'm so careless with the copy & paste.

PJ is our sexy cute asian / with a neat and studied look. (select either one smiley, if you think that is PJ's gender.)

Meanwhile, Cedrey shall regain the smileys in PJ's interview.

*while enjoying my spagetti with shrimps*

=> Dead-on.