Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Spcnet Members

Oh! Kidd just saved my work.

Anyhow... Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present our next interviewee -

Mysterious kidd! Please see post above.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

10. What is the soup of your dream?
    Soup that can improve memory.
    I would love to have some of that as well!

Thank you very much kidd.

Follow-up questions, points of clarification or comments for all of the exposed interviewees?

3 remaining! But they shall be exposed! Cheer everyone!

remember_Cedric
    Kay/Jennie/imthatlady
    expression
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Thank you very much kidd.

Follow-up questions, points of clarification or comments for all of the exposed interviewees?

3 remaining! But they shall be exposed! Cheer everyone!

remember_Cedric
    Kay/Jennie/imthatlady
    expression
    OMG, the party is almost over.

Mine for kidd:

- which alternative healing methods? Please elaborate.

Over? This party, soon. Next party, not even started.

Pre-question for Cedrey: Have you ever exterminated any animal?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Here's mine. Sorry for the boring answers.

Questions:

1. What is your real-life occupation? What do you do for a living?
    Main job is technical support (IT related), but manage company's network and website.

2. What do you do as past-time, other than visiting spcnet?
    Boring stuff: reading, surfing internet, watching video, eating, sleeping, exercising.
    Less boring stuff: learning alternative healing method.

3. Why did you initially join SPCNET? What about SPCNET makes you stay?
    I initially joined because of it's wuxia fiction forum. But later found that the other forums also have very interesting topics. I stay on because of the interesting topics and the nice environment of this forum, plus out of familiarity. Also, this forum is pretty fast moving compared to many other forums. Forumers are mostly sensible.

4. Who is your favorite male and female SPCNET member?
    male: HuangYushi
    female: sehseh

5. Describe yourself. Do you think people perceive you in the same way? How well does your online personality reflect your personality in real life?
    I'm a lot less confrontational in real life compared to my online personality. In fact, I'm only talkative with people I'm close to and familiar with. That's all the info I can give. Not very good at describing myself.

6. Many of us here are overseas Asians and thus have a bit of a bicultural identity. Do you fit this description? If so, which culture do you identify more with?
    No.

7. What is it that you really care about or can't live without? Do you have any values or beliefs that you firmly subscribe to?
    Family and friends. But, family is most important to me.
    Values/belief: Filial piety, compassion to others and fairness

8. HML (Staff’s note: Hua Man Lou?) is your favorite wuxia character. Would you honestly fall in love with a person like that in real life? Can you accept he is blind?
    Yes, it's Hua Man Lou. Yes, I would honestly fall in love with a person like that in real life and I can accept that he's is blind. The way he appreciates life and his compassion towards people is very amirable.
    Eventhough he's handicapped, he didn't feel sorry for himself. You can say he's too good to be true. But, isn't having such positive person around one's life a good thing?

9. Which wuxia character do you find yourself resemble the most? How and why?
    I've thought of this question before (when I see this question asked in wuxia fiction forum), but, I can't think of any wuxia character that I resemble. If I really have to think of one, I guess Shi Po Tian. I'm quite blur about my surroundings in real life.

10. What is the soup of your dream?
    Soup that can improve memory.
    Aww...Kidd's interview is so cute. I don't know after reading her interview, I just thought Kidd is so cute. Forget Stinky Bunny, Kidd is cuter.

Kidd, I'm really interested in reading Luk Siu Fung and any novels including Hua Man Lou's character now. Has there been any actor that portrayed HML beautifully in your opinion? If not, who do you imagine as HML?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

More qn for kidd:
    WHERE did you come up with the username?
    the only information I could find on "kidd" was the pirate. were you alluding to the pirate William Kidd?
    Last edited by S Beaver; 09-09-08 at 09:18 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Oh! Kidd just saved my work.

Anyhow... Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present our next interviewee -

Mysterious kidd! Please see post above.
    Oops. Very sorry, expression. I forgot about the 'return your response to me' part of your PM. Very sorry.

Mine for kidd:

- which alternative healing methods? Please elaborate.
    Currently, I'm learning about 'Quantum Touch'. It's about rising the level of energy of a person through touch so that the person's body can heal itself. I think it works better when 2 person practice it. But, it also has long distant healing and healing oneself. I know a bit about the latter two, but not in detail. I'm in the beginner level only. From my experience, I feel that it did work.

If you are interested to can check out more details here
    http://www.quantumtouch.com/
    or google for 'Quantum Touch'. Lots of links will come up

Another method is just a form of simple excercise moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Kidd, I'm really interested in reading Luk Siu Fung and any novels including Hua Man Lou's character now. Has there been any actor that portrayed HML beautifully in your opinion? If not, who do you imagine as HML?
    Unfortunately, Fa Mun Lau was only featured prominantly in Luk Siu Fung Book 1. He also appeared in Book 2, Book 5 and Book 6, but his 'screentime' are very little only in these 3 books.

I've only seen 2 actors potrayed Fa Mun Lau (haven't seen the 2 Singapore adaptations), i.e. Wong Wan Choy and Ken Chang. Both potrayed the role well. Wong Wan Choy's acting was a notch better while Ken Chang's look resemble my image of Fa Mun Lau more. I haven't seen Wong Wan Choy's potrayal in Alex Man's version. My opinion is mostly based on the Damien Lau version part 1 and 2. I feel that Wong Wan Choy potrayed the role better in part 1 compared to part 2 though. Haha, a combination of both would be good (following China's example ).

But, the book version is still the best .
    Last edited by kidd; 09-09-08 at 09:44 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Wong Wan Choy's HML is classic. He and Damian has top rate chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    More qn for kidd:
    WHERE did you come up with the username?
    the only information I could find on "kidd" was the pirate. were you alluding to the pirate William Kidd?
    It's from a character in the RPG game Chrono Cross. The character's name is 'Kid'. I just add an extra 'd' to the name.

Another question for kidd:

What is your avatar? Looks renaissance?

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Yes the look on your face when you realized that I was wearing heels was priceless.

"At first?" What happened afterwards? Not much more after I kicked your bums at racing?

Anyway I had to say that I had a lot of fun that night, and since it was my first time meeting up with complete strangers over the net, I was a bit apprehensive at first. I still had problems matching the real life Renna to her online persona, though that's not an issue anymore.

You laugh a lot in real life. I never thought you would if I all I did was just read your posts.
    Hey, RWX (the character) is full of laughter too!

Ah this quote. Yes, you never fail to remind me of this time and time again.
    It's the bestest quotest everest.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Now that you remind me...your laugh does sound a bit like his.

I have a question for Bella, and everyone else too:

I was listening to Supermarket Love Affair today while stuck in traffic, and I suddenly remembered your own very cute rendition of it with the other girls. So my question is...have you ever experienced anything like what happened in the song?

Another question for kidd:

What is your avatar? Looks renaissance?
    The 'Potrait of a Young Man' by Giorgione

http://www.tucoo.net/ART/museum/wood...047_20890.html

Actually, there are a lot of mystery for this potrait. Many attribute this potrait to Giorgione, but this point is still dabated. Who was the young man in the potrait, no one knows either. All are just guesses.

I came upon this potrait when strolling through a virtual gallery (an interactive program that shows exhibitions on various art galleries in the world). I don't know why, but of all the portraits and paintings, I was attracted to this portrait the most. I want to know who the sitter is. So, I googled for it. Too bad. like I said above. No one knows.

Hey, came upon this page http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...TRY=1&SRETRY=0 while searching for a good page for you. There are more info on the sitter here. Why I can't find this page last time? It's still just an educated guess. But, better than none.

Thanks for asking this question (thus, helping me find more/newer info).
    Last edited by kidd; 09-09-08 at 11:23 PM.

Hey, came upon this page http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...TRY=1&SRETRY=0 while searching for a good page for you. There are more info on the sitter here. Why I can't find this page last time? It's still just an educated guess. But, better than none.
    => "session cookie error"

But the first link works. I find the whole portrait much more intriguing in that we see the full pose - looks like he is caught by surprise with an alert brow, with his hand and back hiding something we won't find out.

=> "session cookie error"
    Dunno what I happen. I click the same link and it works.

Here's what written in the site

The attribution and sitter of the Munich Portrait of a Young Man in a Fur Coat

Simon P. Oakes 1
    1 St John's College, Oxford

ABSTRACT

In the mid seventeenth century, Carlo Ridolfi attributed to Giorgione a Portrait of a Young Man in a Fur Coat, now in the Alte Pinakothek, Munich. However, Ridolfi was confused about much of Giorgione's oeuvre, and his ascription is now generally discarded. Currently, most scholars believe that the portrait was executed by Palma Vecchio, but style and chronology suggest otherwise, and in this paper Mauro Lucco's attribution of the painting to Sebastiano Luciani, known later in his career as Sebastiano del Piombo, is endorsed. Ridolfi also stated that the young man in the Munich portrait was a member of the Fugger family of Augsburg, and the reasons for accepting this are sound. Here, the sitter is recognised as Anton Fugger (1493–1560), an identification that is supported by biographical details, and through comparison with other known likenesses.

But the first link works. I find the whole portrait much more intriguing in that we see the full pose - looks like he is caught by surprise with an alert brow, with his hand and back hiding something we won't find out.
    Yeah, the facial expression is very intriguing, especially the eyes.

Sparky & GuGu – I wub these two nutcases.
    I lub you too bellbell! and if you're ever traveling around my place let me know so that we can grab a drink or something. i haven't been to a bar for awhile but i'll go anytime with you! ^_^

dang i got the best questions to ask
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Cedrey, hurry up on your interview! Can't wait to see your answers!
    I've submitted my replies..... waiting for Judge E to approve them....

I actually did some replies this morning....in office.....because only the atmosphere in here, can bring me the right words.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?