Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Spcnet Members

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Yes, it's a torture for me to stay any in here longer.

Being recognised of my talent is important. I can include my achievements in my resume. I’m moving slowly on my portfolio as I'm taking part in any contest coming along so I can prove myself.

Actually, I’m leaving my current job by end of this year. After my 6 years of service, I finally saying bye bye to the Penguin.
    You know, Ced, I think you might be able to turn your unsatisfying work experience into a cool animation - you know the daily grind, the inside jokes, the personnels and personalities in the profession. So how about a satire about the Penguins?

Or, how about (with consent if making specific references) an animation about a crazy forum with colorful members?

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Essie, did Jennie say when she will submit her response?

PS: I swear granny, you really had me fooled with that picture of Sonija Kwok. I didn't recognize Sonija from that picture, thus, I really thought it was you. However, I find Brigette Lin's beauty much more appealing than SW.

Questions for you - as a writer, do you get to work at home? In addition, can you please elaborate on the subjects/contents of your writing? Has any of your work been published? If so, where can we get it?
    She originally said Friday. Then some questions got replaced. I think the newest date is soon.

I'm so sorry, I thought Sonija is easily recognizable. Of course, since Brigitte's my favorite actress, I'd like to think I look like an imperfect version of her.

I don't work at home, although with my profession it is very feasible to free-lance. I have published scientific papers before when I was a researcher. But you won't find my name on anything I wrote now - we write behind the scenes so people won't even know we exist, hence the insider term "ghost writer".

A more comprehensive name is medical writer. You see all those clinical guidelines, promotional scientific content for a drug, continuing medical education materials for medical doctors, regulatory paperwork for drug patent submission, proposals for grant, manuscripts, newsletters/briefs for scientific/medical conferences ...? There is a pen behind every single word... that is something that can't be done by a regular writer with an arts degree. Scientific/medical contents has to be written by scientists/medical doctors. You need to know how to paper-research properly, understand the content, digest it, and present it in a clear and understandable manner. Did I just confuse you even more?
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

That explains why Granny crosses herself between ARTS & S.C.I.E.N.C.E. You are truely the hybrid.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

You're right, Beavie, hybrid is a good word. Fear the Hybrid Vigor!!

Muuuuuuule!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/Juancito.jpg/250px-Juancito.jpg')

Hehe... the Penguin idea got stuck in my head. Now my mind is filled with images of penguins in black suits working in ice cubicles under harsh and cold conditions. Naturally, the Emperor Penguin has a big black bow tie and a fat bulging white tummy. They try to hide their golden eggs under their coats but they break very often. And sometimes they get chopped by legal seals...

The title can be "April of the Penguins."
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Expression, have you tried creative writing before? I'm sure you have, but like "professionally"? I think you would fare very well =P

Good job with the interviews.

And, Good job with not spamming on the few days that i'm away.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Expression, have you tried creative writing before? I'm sure you have, but like "professionally"? I think you would fare very well =P
    Thank you, Roses. Unfortunately, while I'm a hybrid between science and arts, I'm a fall-between of English and Chinese. You see, English is only my second language, and I've never felt I can express myself perfectly with it. On the other hand, while I love Chinese and have always thought myself better at it, I fear my command is gradually losing its grip over the years by lack of practice.

Still, I hope to publish a novel in Chinese some day. Some day.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Thank you, Roses. Unfortunately, while I'm a hybrid between science and arts, I'm a fall-between of English and Chinese. You see, English is only my second language, and I've never felt I can express myself perfectly with it. On the other hand, while I love Chinese and have always thought myself better at it, I fear my command is gradually losing its grip over the years by lack of practice.

Still, I hope to publish a novel in Chinese some day. Some day.
    You don't seem to have a problem expressing yourself in English on spcnet, Judge E
    玉木宏

blog

Thank you Junny. That is very encouraging. My problem is I don't think in English, so I'm slow in conversation with all the stop and translate.

sorry, this lady been busy. i've (finally) sent in the interview answers
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Lightbulb Interview with Kay/imthatlady/Jennie Part 1

At last, and last but not least, ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present:

Spicy Kay! (aka imthatlady aka Jennie aka who knows what)

1. What is your real-life occupation? What do you do for a living?

i have a "work-study" job but other than that, i'm a broke *** student that asks mom& dad for money

2. What do you do as past-time, other than visiting spcnet?

like every other college student, i enjoy partying =x i'm passionate about dancing-- i love all form of dancing and will sign up for classes soon. i enjoy eating out with friends. i like cleaning and reading. i work out quite a bit-- health freak. i give myself my own at-home spa treatments. i try on make-up when i'm bored. i'm forever on my sidekick! i love sipping coffee and people-watch on busy streets. i obviously like socializing. and hmm idk, i live a pretty normal daily life..

3. Why did you initially join SPCNET? What about SPCNET makes you stay?

i initially joined because i was crazily into asian dramas back then. i usually just browsed around the TVB, actors, actresses, etc. sections and read what others have to say but after a while, it was getting hard when you want to butt in and say something but don't have an account so i made an account and over the years, i guess i've changed and have become more.. "outspoken"? and i rarely watch dramas now a days so i just post in the open debate and academia. i haven't left this forum because it seems like this forum is a bit more serious and the people seem "smarter" than the *****s on the other forums. we don't have stupid *** threads like "rate this person" and "does he like me?" and i do learn a few new things here and there on this forum because the people seem to have a brain and are not academically challenged when you ask homework questions.

4. Many of us here still refer to you as "Jennie," but recently you've shifted towards "Kay". Do your friends in real life call you Kay? If so, where did Jennie come from?

haha yes, my real life friends calls me "Kay". Jennie is my legal name, and my old "friends" from high school (whom i've disconnected with) still calls me Jennie.. BUT, that doesn't matter because i don't talk to any of them anymore. Kay started out as an inside thingy, and i eventually got stuck with it. i don't really mind at all because i HATED "Jennie"! such an ugly *** name yet SO many other girls have it.. just how many asian KAYs do you know? so yeah, all of my recent friends and the ones i've met through college calls me KAY. i even make my professors call me that i'm actually planning to have it legally changed soon

5. What is the most adventurous/risky thing you've ever done?

ahh let's see......can i come back to this question? i KNOW i did a few risky things but i can't remember them right now & my brain hurts. (staff: noted)

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    sorry, this lady been busy. i've (finally) sent in the interview answers
    OMG woman, and here I thought I was going to miss your interview!

Where is Essie?

Bloody brilliant! Potty mouth is back

What's "idk", btw?
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-16-08 at 09:57 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Default Inteview with Kay/imthatlady/Jennie Part 2

6. Are you satisfied with your appearance? What do you consider your best physical feature? Least?

UGH. okay, before i used to think i was pretty damn goodlooking(when i had makeup on, that is) but ever since i got this shi**y haircut and color, i've been quite depressed everytime i look into the mirror. my hair was long, beautiful, and black.. & idk wtf i was thinking but i had it cut up to my neck (about 8 in. off!) last christmas and i'm STILL waiting for it to grow out! THEN i decided to get some bangs and the lady ****ed it up and then i went to get my hair colored (blonde) but decided blonde wasn't for me so i dyed it to this purple/plum color.. & i used to be able to pull off this plum color off so good but since this hair i have is shitty, no matter what color i have or how much makeup i put on, i still look cracked n that was the story of my recent hair disaster.. so no, i am currently NOT satisfied with the way i look.

my best physical.. can't i just say everything? if not, then probably my legs. i always get complimented on how long and toned they are(prob. from walking alot! that's what happens if u live in Boston and no car!) or my hair 'cause it's really thick and full.

as for least, i would have to say my feet. i've always hated my feet and been self-conscious about them. why can't i have lil cute asian feet!? they're too skinny and big.

7. Describe yourself. Do you think people perceive you in the same way? How well does your online personality reflect your personality in real life?

haha. i really like this question because i feel like i can fully explain myself on here.. and not like a self-centered ***** because this is, afterall, an interview and i'm obligated (obliged?) to answer.

okay, well first of all, i feel like a lot of ya'll think i'm some psycho ***** that would cut you up but truth is, i'm a really nice person and can tolerate quite a bit if not, how would i ever have friends in real life!? i def. don't want to end up as an old lady with cats hahah. if you saw me walking on the streets, please, don't be hesitant to say anything. i'm very friendly and approachable to everyone i first meet-- ask my friends

second of all, some of you probably feel like i'm putting up a front online such as saying certain things to another person that i wouldn't have the balls to offline. it's not that i wouldn't have the balls to, but it's because the Open Debate section is what i mostly skim through and it IS a damn debate afterall. so if i feel strongly about a certain topic, i WILL make a post to voice out my opinions and if someone says something stupid, obviously that's going to set me off. it's not likely that the day to day conversations i have with friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc. are debateable topics so i'm not always going crazy as you may think.. however, if i am trying to get my points across something, expect me to be the same person i come off as online.

8. What is the most expensive luxury item you have ever bought? Most expensive clothing?

i really don't remember but as i recall, i don't really buy anything outrageously expensive either.. probably this BEBE jacket for $100? i have this $750 movado watch and a few other pieces of expensive jewelry but all the credit goes to my mom but don't get me wrong, i enjoy high-end luxury but since i'm just a student, i want to start low.. i'll spend $2000 on a designer purse when i've finished college and settled on my own. i find it ridiculous how certain girls will work their asses off just to buy and "have" an designer item. is that really necessarily? how far are you going to get in life? you don't have to worry about paying bills now, that's why you have all the free time to work for that oh-so important purse-- but once you get out on your own, it will backfire if you don't set your priorities straight

9. Have you had your heart broken? How did you cope? Or were you the one breaking hearts?

no, i've never had my heart broken and i haven't broken anyone's heart either.. unless a rejection counts as "breaking hearts" mwahahah. i've actually never had a real, serious boyfriend (i know) like most people would think.. but tons of dates though i just never found the need for a bf.. i like to play around more or maybe it's because the guys i like didn't work out and the guys that like me didn't passed the test because i'm too shallow.

10. If you were stranded on a deserted island for about a month or so, which 5 spcnet members would you want to be with you?

pemberly, sugar(nothing to do with them being from boston btw ), PJ, Han Solo, bellamia.

I'm waiting to see if she is back with a vengeance.

Where is Essie?
    Here posting Part 2.

I can't believe it!!! We made it! We have ALL 10 interviews, which completes this crazy fascinating series!!!
    And I was banging my head on my computer for messing up the new thread!!!
    But everything is perfect NOW!

Thank you Kay, and everyone! We are the best!

OMG girly, why didn't you tell us that you dislike being called Jennie? Everyone has been calling you “J” left and right, because we assumed (or at least, I did) that you'd prefer this name online, and Kay is only reserved for real life.

Anyhow, I’m glad you were able to complete the interview. It wouldn’t be the same if you were missing from the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by expression;841238[B
    2. What do you do as past-time, other than visiting spcnet? [/B]

like every other college student, i enjoy partying =x i'm passionate about dancing-- i love all form of dancing and will sign up for classes soon. i enjoy eating out with friends. i like cleaning and reading. i work out quite a bit-- health freak. i give myself my own at-home spa treatments. i try on make-up when i'm bored. i'm forever on my sidekick! i love sipping coffee and people-watch on busy streets. i obviously like socializing. and hmm idk, i live a pretty normal daily life...
    cleaning? lady, what kind of college kid enjoys cleaning???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    cleaning? lady, what kind of college kid enjoys cleaning???!!!
    She might be a clean freak.

She might be a clean freak.
    Such people exist? Clean freaks must been taking in too much kryptonite.

Sometimes I get the urge to clean. But it only happens maybe 1 out of 100 days.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」