Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Spcnet Members

Lightbulb Interview with remember_Cedric

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present our next interviewee --

Friendly Neighborhood remember_Cedric!

1. What is your real-life occupation? What do you do for a living?

I am an amateur enthusiast, or an enthusiastic amateur. I dreamt as a child of being an Animation Legend, bringing the world together with my heart-warming tales of wonder through my works of animation clips. Whether as a form of disciplinary tool or plain entertainment, I wish to convey some positive messages to the public via my works.

Instead, for a modestly-paid fulltime job, I clown around in this intensely cold and heartless world of black & white, each day becoming closer and closer to Dickens's Scrooge (only I have yet to steal a gift from any kid nor kidnap their Christmas trees.). I breathe in the stale air in a law firm as a fulltime Penguin Chaser (paralegal), who is often found throwing darts at a drawn-up portrait of my boss.

Occasionally, I make trips to the Ice Chamber (court) with my boss, the Penguin (Lawyer) and meet more other Penguins. The only thing that keeps me from being visited by three poignant and losing my insanity, is that little flame that still flickers within me, that says "I cannot give up!

Someday, I'll create this animation video about how this bloody lawyer who made me overworked yet underpaid! Dedicate it to him, and put him to shame!". Bwahahaha!
    Meanwhile, I do freelance for my animation school and procrastinating on my portfolio.

2. What do you do as past-time, other than visiting spcnet?

I do the humanly possible, and humanly impossible....mwahahaha *ahem*

I watch cartoons or animations to get inspiration (eg. Looney Tunes, old Walt Disney works, Pixar's works etc).

I enjoy watching the making of movies and animation.

I doodle, hang out with friends for good food, and do volunteery works whenever I'm called for.

I never say 'No' to all indoor & outdoor sports; I’ll say 'Bring it on!'. I believe in conquering my fear!

I also help to babysit my cousin's little rascals on alternate Sundays. -_-!!

3. Why did you initially join SPCNET? What about SPCNET makes you stay?

Initially, I find the debate thread interesting because of one particular person...... (not for a good reason though). My interest increases as I find purposes to counter-post to the individual topics.

In-between time, I met some really interesting people. When fate brought me to know the likeminded spammers...... I must admit that, I've got addicted because of you! (points to every amateur or potential spammer)

4. You seem to be a genuine fun-loving individual; when was the last time you lost your cool, and what made you do it?

Someone “labelled” me as "the hothead underneath that cool exterior".

Oh well, forgot about those less than 5 minutes pisses. They come easy, and easy go. I think good anger management is important. I can cool off pretty easily over issues that I find insignificant to jump about. I maintain a cool disposition most of the time until someone encourages the idea of eating endangered species or those little pets that hardly fill up 1/4 of their tummy.

Put aside my obsession with animals, there’s one recent incident that switched me into a defensively aggressive mode. It went on for a few months and I have learnt a lot, especially the extreme ugliness of mankind, and when one is driven to the edge....what they are capable of doing.

I cannot reveal much detail because it is also a privacy of others. My conscience made me lose my cool and choose to do what is right.

I have an extremely tiny stomach for social injustice, too. *grows fangs* Thankfully, the lovely folks in SPCNET bring out the jovial me and drive away my blues.

5. The 12 Chinese Zodiac animals: which one defines you best? How and why?

I fulfill most conditions of being the Monkey. Apart from the cheekiness, I'm simply as active and tricky as the tree-climbing menace. Well yes, climbing trees is like a regular jog for me. And, I love banana milkshake!

6. What is your motivation in life? If you fall, how do you pick yourself backup?

My motivation in life...... "The worst has yet to come. Giving up right now, is not a choice!". Many times, I feel it's the willpower needed to pull one’s self together.

I think, to know where you want to get to, and who you want to be, is important. It’s all about setting a goal, and overcoming obstacles to reach your goal.

Constantly, I remind myself that there are people I don’t want to disappoint (be it my parents, grandpa or people whom I've received praises and encouragements), forget about those who mocked at me before. I won’t rot away in this current spot. I’d move on!

7. If you love someone, how far would you go to be with that person?

I have always loved the idea of travelling. In my mind, I honestly can't think of anywhere that I think it's too far to reach. All that needed is to fork out some cash and get those tickets, then I'm ready to fly.....needless of special training. For me, nowhere is too far as long as it is within planet earth.

8. If you only had three months to live, how would you spend them? Would you come to spcnet and tell the forum you are going to die? Would you ask to meet any Spcnet members? Or will you just disappear from the forum?

a) I will distribute my assets to my family.
    b) I will make donations to the animal shelters.
    c) I come to SPCNET and finally reveal the one that I have been secretly in love with.
    d) If I can't make it........yeah, I'll get one of the SPCNET-er to inform the forum that I've gone to "Yin1 Guo2" (The "Neverland") for a forever vacation. =p

9. Why are you so pretty? Is your cousin taken by any chance?

I don't know. Ask my parents?
    Yes, he is married. And, no, his eyes don’t cross that bad in person.

10. What is the soup of your dream?

I want to be a super talented Animation Artist so that I can jump into this creamy, sizzling, cheesy and yummy bowl of mushroom soup called "Pixar Animation Studio". Yeay!
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

We have another member working in law! That is something I'd never have guessed about Ceddrey!

More questions:
    - So Ced, you sure you don't want to become a lawyer to rake in some cash to fund your passion for animation?
    - Do you like Japanese anime, the other powerhouse in animation?
    - What places have you visited, and which country do you want to visit most?
    - Bunny's got granny very interested in your photo, Ced di di.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    We have another member working in law! That is something I'd never have guessed about Ceddrey!
    Hei hei, Yes.....never have guessed huh?

- So Ced, you sure you don't want to become a lawyer to rake in some cash to fund your passion for animation?
    No, Granny, I have no ambition at all in becoming a Penguin myself. The longer time I spent working in this lawfirm, the more certain I am. Even though, my office deals with almost all kinds of interesting matters, I get bored easily. I respect the profession and the good it does, but that line of work is not for me. I like to see more colours than just black & white. The dull atmosphere bores me.

I'm afraid I can't perform well as a lawyer when I can't find an emotional reason to love it. Animation....generates a better income, actually

- Do you like Japanese anime, the other powerhouse in animation?
    I like J-anime, but they're considerably the old titles.......such as: Hikaru no Go, Jikembu of Kindaichi Shonen, Slam Dunk, Ikkoku Maison, Ranma 1/2 and works of Master Hayao Miyazaki. The recent J-anime hardly interest me.

- What places have you visited, and which country do you want to visit most?
    I don't have much of a luck with travelling. I have only covered some parts in the neighbouring countries.

Hungary, Ukraine, Russia, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey....interest me.....but I would prefer to explore a country like Greece (it belong to the EU on the year when I'm born) .

- Bunny's got granny very interested in your photo, Ced di di.
    I have one on my album. Or, join us in Facebooking.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Were you initially somewhat interested in law, so therefore you went into the field? Or did you get the job purely for a means of monetary support for your true love and ambitions?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Follow up question for Cedric...

You say you are an animation fan.

Can you give us your favorite animation movie of all time? How about the animation movie you like that others would not have guessed you like? And lastly, being a huge fan that you are, can you recommend us a "rarely-heard" classic that everyone should watch if they have a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    Were you initially somewhat interested in law, so therefore you went into the field? Or did you get the job purely for a means of monetary support for your true love and ambitions?
    Yes, it is the monetary support that I needed. I won't say I have the interest in law, but it was something new to me and slightly more challenging than the usual office job. I'm always opened up to learn new things.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric
    I clown around in this intensely cold and heartless world of black & white, each day becoming closer and closer to Dickens's Scrooge (only I have yet to steal a gift from any kid nor kidnap their Christmas trees.).
    As much as I love How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated one from the '60s, not the Jim Carrey abomination), it is a sad commentary on modern education if you think Charles Dickens wrote that. Ebenezer Scrooge did not steal any gifts or trees, at least not in the original novelette.

But I second Felix's question: What animation do you love best?
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    As much as I love How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated one from the '60s, not the Jim Carrey abomination), it is a sad commentary on modern education if you think Charles Dickens wrote that. Ebenezer Scrooge did not steal any gifts or trees, at least not in the original novelette.

But I second Felix's question: What animation do you love best?
    Sniffie, take it lightly. My descriptive line on Scrooge was meant for humour purposes. It also explains that I'm becoming a coldhearted and selfish someone if I stay longer in that place. Could you share with me the Ebenezer Scrooge that I have not known?

The Mr. Scrooge I've known, is the Stingiest Man in Town. I know Happiness and Scrooge, don't mix.

Question for JadeBunny, Cedrey, Candide, Bella, and Kidd:

If you could have any key malfunction on your keyboard, which key would it be?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

More strange question:

-If you could hop on the train to go anywhere tonight, what kind of music would you be listening to as you ride the train?

Or maybe I should save these questions for Mr. SPCNET?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Follow up question for Cedric...

You say you are an animation fan.

Can you give us your favorite animation movie of all time?
    Sesames Street. Oh, movie..... I have two movies in my mind..... 1) Jason and the Argonauts (from 1963) and the other would be the dark comedy horror, 2) Gremlin (from 1984). It's hard to choose from either one.

Hmmm rightfully, Jason and the Argonauts fits better for an animation movie. Animation is a generic term, there are too many methods of animation. Clay animation (aka Claymation), being one of them, is the technic used in Jason and the Argonauts (as well as King Kong from 1930s - 70% at least, of King Kong movie, uses claymation).

Gremlin movie is shot using the puppetary animation. Minimum special effects, and animation.

How about the animation movie you like that others would not have guessed you like?
    I'm guessing..... Jason and the Argonauts

And lastly, being a huge fan that you are, can you recommend us a "rarely-heard" classic that everyone should watch if they have a chance?
    If you can find, get the King Kong from 1930s, and compare with the most recent King Kong. It would make an interesting discovery, thought-provoking comparism. What an evolution...!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-10-08 at 09:47 PM. Reason: sneaking in to add a vital point before the Penguin steps in.

PJ's questions are perfect for Mr. Spcnet.

Gremlin, I remember it... scary ugly little monsters! The first movie was much better than the second one. So they are puppets with animated eyes/expression?

Last two remianing!
    Kay/imthatlady/Jennie and expression

Hopefully we will hear about Kay these two days, but even if we don't, expression will be submitting her moving self-introduction to bellamia for posting by Friday, September 12.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    remember_Cedric!
    b) I will make donations to the animal shelters.
    Do you have any pets? What do you think about BSL (breed specific legislation)?

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Thanks for a wonderful interview, Ceddie. There were many surprises.

1. It’s quite apparent that you dislike your daytime job, what will it take for you to walk away from it and pursue your love of arts permanently?
    2. You’re very obsessed with animals, is it important to you that your partner shares the same passion for animals?
    3. Are you a vegetarian?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceddie
    c) I come to SPCNET and finally reveal the one that I have been secretly in love with.
    So, what does it take or how much is it going to cost for you to spill?

Wait, Spcnet is a guy?!

And we have a Facebook group?!

I've really enjoyed reading these interviews. Thanks to those who took their time to let the rest of us know you guys better! And to granny expression for making it all possible
    "What is meant to be will always be."

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Wait, Spcnet is a guy?!
    I'm almost positive that Spcnet is a guryrl.

Thanks Boo, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Spcnet is a girl, as definitely as PJ is a guy.

When I first joined, the word was Spcnet is a guy. Then a little while later, most of us changed our minds. And now.. I'm completely lost
    "What is meant to be will always be."

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    When I first joined, the word was Spcnet is a guy. Then a little while later, most of us changed our minds. And now.. I'm completely lost
    I'm confused too. What's the current consensus? Am I a girl or a guy?

Nice job btw, on all the member interviews!
    -SC