Thread: Stargate: Bad & Good News :)

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Default Stargate: Bad & Good News :)

Bad news guys, Stargate atlantis will finish its run (5 seasons) this january (2009), however the good news is, new stargate series (Stargate Universe) will aired on Sci-Fi summer 2009. The new series is using the ninth chevron as the main plot point and more of a space travel/space opera like Galactica.

I think they should rename the show from Stargate Universe to Stargate Voyager and Stargate Atlantis to Stargate Deep Space Atlantis . Sci-Fi is a stupid company, bring back Farscape for god sake and please don't cancel Galactica

I think another 4-5 years, once they got boring with Stargate Universe, we will have new show such as:
    - Stargate Leap
    - Lost In Stargate
    - Stargate Wars
    - Will and Stargate
    - Stargate in the City

Read the news here: http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/08/stargate-univer.html
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 08-22-08 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Bad news guys, Stargate atlantis will finish its run (5 seasons) this january (2009), however the good news is, new stargate series (Stargate Universe) will aired on Sci-Fi summer 2009. The new series is using the ninth chevron as the main plot point and more of a space travel/space opera like Galactica.

I think they should rename the snow from Stargate Universe to Stargate Voyager and Stargate Atlantis to Stargate Deep Space Atlantis . Sci-Fi is a stupid company, bring back Farscape for god sake and please don't cancel Galactica

I think another 4-5 years, once they got boring with Stargate Universe, we will have new show such as:
    - Stargate Leap
    - Lost In Stargate
    - Stargate Wars
    - Will and Stargate
    - Stargate in the City

That is so disappointing, Stargate Atlantis going to end on the 5th Season. Ah, Stargate Universe? Well, in this universe its infinite; so I can see why not?
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

The Stargate series needs to go back to its root... and that's exploration and adventure. It's good to have one big bad enemy but if EVERY episodes is about how to defeat them then it get boring and tedious.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I think they should rename the show from Stargate Universe to Stargate Voyager and Stargate Atlantis to Stargate Deep Space Atlantis . Sci-Fi is a stupid company, bring back Farscape for god sake and please don't cancel Galactica

- Stargate Leap
    - Lost In Stargate
    - Stargate Wars
    - Will and Stargate
    - Stargate in the City

Man, I've been following Stargate Universe's development for a while but I've always thought it would run concurrent with Atlantis.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Man, I've been following Stargate Universe's development for a while but I've always thought it would run concurrent with Atlantis.
    You are a fan of the Borg, which is the main enemy in ST Voyager other than Species 8472, Kazon or the Krenim, maybe there will be similar Borg like enemy in SG Universe

You are a fan of the Borg, which is the main enemy in ST Voyager other than Species 8472, Kazon or the Krenim, maybe there will be similar Borg like enemy in SG Universe
    The only reason Voyager used to make Borg episodes every other week was because ratings were dropping. It was a well known fact that Borg episodes raise ratings. Hopefully, SG won't drop that low.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

LOL, so unexpected news - Robert Carlyle (“Trainspotting,” “The Full Monty”), last seen helping Jack Bauer herd African children to safety in 24: Redemption movie is going to be the new lead in the new Stargate series - Stargate Universe

Find all of the Reporter’s story on the matter here
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-15-08 at 09:38 AM.

Described as edgier, darker and younger-skewing than its predecessors, "SGU" follows a group of soldiers, scientists and civilians left to fend for themselves when forced through a Stargate after their hidden base comes under attack. The survivors, who emerge aboard an ancient ship missing in the far reaches of space, are led by Dr. David Rush (Carlyle), who works to unlock the ship's mysteries and return the group home but also might have ulterior motives.
    This reminds me of the 200th episode where they explore other takes on Stargate. It looks like they've fused the younger edgier spoof along with the Farscape spoof... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    This reminds me of the 200th episode where they explore other takes on Stargate. It looks like they've fused the younger edgier spoof along with the Farscape spoof... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Hey, I'm sure this is more like a spoof or a plagiarize of Star Trek Voyager