• Left-handed like Sparky

4 30.77%
  • Right-handed like George W. Bush

7 53.85%
  • Ambidextrous like Leonardo Da Vinci

2 15.38%

Thread: Left or right? (no, not politics) #2

Default Left or right? (no, not politics) #2

Damn I haven't posted a thread in forever - I forgot you had to select the poll option first. Mods please delete my other thread.

(But for the record, Barack Obama and John McCain are both left-handed, so we southpaws win either way. Other famous lefties include Mr. I Did Not Have Sexual Relations with That Woman, Bill Gates, Fidel Castro, and just for bellamia, Angelina Jolie. )

Are you left or right handed?

The theory is that left-handed people are right brain dominant (and thus more creative and "big picture thinking") and right-handed people are left brain dominant and more "linear sequential" (stuff like mathematics, logic, etc). On the Mac Forums I read that there's a greater prevalence of left-handed Mac users, so I was curious how spcnet members compare to the average population, where about 13% of people are left-handed.

Which hand is your dominant one? How well do you think the general stereotypes regarding handedness apply to you? Discuss.
    Last edited by Sparky; 01-10-12 at 02:30 AM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

I am not voting because I don't want to be like George Bush!

Anyway I am right handed but I am more creative than I am logical.
    I don't really like logic. I'm pretty good at math but I always like to find creative ways to solve math problems.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

I voted for right-handed like George W. Bush
    I don't see anything wrong with him, he is a two-termed president, the man that the lefties love to hate. Unlike Clinton, he is a man of honor with high moral ground. So far, he doesn't have any sex scandal during his presidency and didn't when he was a governor of TX.

Sparky, are you self promoting?
    How could you put yourself in the poll side by side with the president?
    It is more reasonable if you put Left-handed like John McCain or Left-handed like Barack Hussein Obama along with Right-handed like George W. Bush. Even though John McCain and Barack Hussein Obama aren't as great as George W. Bush at the moment, but they are still relatively comparable.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-22-08 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I voted for right-handed like George W. Bush
    I don't see anything wrong with him, he is a two-termed president, the man that the lefties love to hate. Unlike Clinton, he is a man of honor with high moral ground.
    I disagree about George W. Bush being a man of honor and high moral ground but I don't want to get into a political argument here.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

I'm ambidextrous. And since I'm right in the middle, it means I'm neither creative nor logical. That pretty much sums up everything.

And I voted wrong. Mweh.

I wasn't trying to make this poll political LOL...it explicitly says "no, not politics." So do still vote Guo Xiang. And why does it matter that I'm putting myself up against GWB? Just because I'm not a head of state doesn't mean I don't contribute. History is made by average people too.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    I'm ambidextrous. And since I'm right in the middle, it means I'm neither creative nor logical. That pretty much sums up everything.

And I voted wrong. Mweh.
    If you're ambidextrous you should be creative AND logical dear. Come to think of it I should probably classify myself as ambisinistrous in that case.

Did you vote left haha? C'mon, you know you identify more with your left side. So wait, I've always been curious about ambidextrous people. Are you like naturally ambidextrous with no preference whatsoever or did you train your less dominant hand? I've considered training my right hand since everything in this world seems to made for right-handed people!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

The theory is that left-handed people are right brain dominant (and thus more creative and "big picture thinking") and right-handed people are left brain dominant and more "linear sequential" (stuff like mathematics, logic, etc).
    I'm born a leftie but was converted into a rightie at an early age. Does that mean my right brain has been neglected as a result, thus I'm in the left-brained group? I'm no good at Maths, though.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I hate Maths, forever. My memory works for me when I remember things in a structural format, and I work on my goal when I see my (realistic)objective for doing it. These are how it works for Left-brain thinkers (Right handers). It's possible to juggle with the roles of being a pragmatic and an idealist, like me. Analysis wise, I can only do it based on a structural (or pictorial) format.

I do minimum amount of things with my right and most of the times, I'm more comfortable with Left, especially writing. Sitting down and leaning on the left side of seats is also one of my physical lefty habits. On the personality side, I have quite a list of lefty habits (say, creative.....or cranky?). I can't run away from being a lefty (and I don't want to), and loving it! Let nature take its course since its fated to be.

I couldn't care less if this world's gonna change for the righties. Me, the lefty's gonna show 'em what a Lefty can do! Just like Sir Charlie Chaplin.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-23-08 at 10:05 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I'm left handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I've considered training my right hand since everything in this world seems to made for right-handed people!
    I've heard that right-handed people on average live a few years longer than left-handed people because of all the strain that is put on left-handed people for living in a right-hand dominated world.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    I've heard that right-handed people on average live a few years longer than left-handed people because of all the strain that is put on left-handed people for living in a right-hand dominated world.
    There's another saying, ......lefthanded folks are smarter. So, smart people lives shorter?!

Pick your poison:-

1) Be the dumb one but live longer
    2) Be the smart one and live shorter

Just for laughs! ~

P/s: I think Skyking possessed me
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    There's another saying, ......lefthanded folks are smarter. So, smart people lives shorter?!

Pick your poison:-

1) Be the dumb one but live longer
    2) Be the smart one and live shorter

Just for laughs! ~

P/s: I think Skyking possessed me
    No.2 is my favoured poison.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

How can you liken me to GWB? That's so cruel, missy! Anyway, now that I know you're left-handed....that just explains everything...

left handers are just jealous b/c they can't join the cool right handed kids. always needs "special" treatment

that said, i am entirely very right handed...but i refuse to vote the poll b/c I refuse to be like GWB.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!