Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The SPAM Reporting Thread

Spam BOTS HAVE TAKEN OVER SPCNET!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Spam BOTS HAVE TAKEN OVER SPCNET!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Not yet. As long as, we have some active moderators around, we're safe. Especially, we have Ken Cheng. He is sorta like ..... Iron Man, the leader of the Avengers.... IMO. Even though, there are times he can get emo like Tony Stark, we're still quite safe.

Now, now, who is Captain America? And, the rest of the members in Avenger team??
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

How about deleting the spam posts too? It's rather pointless to just ban the spammers but leave the threads hanging there, since the purpose is not to remain as a spcnet member but to spam/advertise.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Default Members Beware

Check out this person's signature - advertisement spam hidden within a post.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=770

I don't know if SPCnet is around, but it would be a good idea to give at least some moderators super moderator power, ie. moderating rights in every forum, so they can clear spam after the bots have been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    I don't know if SPCnet is around, but it would be a good idea to give at least some moderators super moderator power, ie. moderating rights in every forum, so they can clear spam after the bots have been banned.
    Suet Seung have moderating rights in every sub-forum.

Is there any spams that needs to be cleaned up?

Han Solo
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-19-10 at 11:42 PM.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Suet Seung have moderating rights in every sub-forum.
    Nicely demonstrated.

Is there any spams that needs to be cleaned up?

Han Solo
    There's the tellytubby one from this morning, which seems to have been cleaned now. From time to time there are bots that get swiftly banned, but their posts still remain, or only some get deleted.

What happened is that the individual moderators can only delete threads in their own sub-forum but can ban the spammer.

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    What happened is that the individual moderators can only delete threads in their own sub-forum but can ban the spammer.

Han solo
    Why not give individual moderators both types of power then? At times, I notice that the banned messages remain for quite a long time.

We can delete them once we spot them. This is a fairly large forum with many subforums, not everyone will have time to comb through all forums to make sure all of them are cleaned of spam.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

We need a SPAM detector!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    We can delete them once we spot them. This is a fairly large forum with many subforums, not everyone will have time to comb through all forums to make sure all of them are cleaned of spam.
    how's about starting a thread where members report banned messages. In this way, moderators do not need to go around looking for the threads to be deleted?

there are two new threads about file download in tvb series - think this is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    how's about starting a thread where members report banned messages. In this way, moderators do not need to go around looking for the threads to be deleted?

there are two new threads about file download in tvb series - think this is not allowed.
    This is what this thread is for, too.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I presume all reports go to a centralised forum where moderators can check at a glance. Once one of these bots gets reported, in addition to banning it, a super moderator can also search for posts/threads by the bot, and delete them at a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    I presume all reports go to a centralised forum where moderators can check at a glance. Once one of these bots gets reported, in addition to banning it, a super moderator can also search for posts/threads by the bot, and delete them at a stroke.
    All reported posts gets emailed to the respective sub-forum moderator, the super-moderator and the admin, AFAIK.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I am no IT expert. But will this be more efficient? Instead of email, what we can have is a reporting spam icon at the bottom of each message. The reports can be routed to a moderator page. we can have two options here: ban the member and delete the message. All moderators to be given rights for these two options.

Isn't the *triangle angel* (next to your online/offline stat) a reporting spam icon?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Isn't the *triangle angel* (next to your online/offline stat) a reporting spam icon?
    That's right. The Triangle with the ! is the report function.

Weekj,

Regarding your proposal, not all reported messages need to be dealt with as they might be legitimate posts.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

sorry. yes, both of you are right. there is already a triangle for reporting.