Thread: THE MYSTERY OF THE CONDOR HERO (TVB ,1993:Julian Chi Lam)

Default THE MYSTERY OF THE CONDOR HERO (TVB ,1993:Julian Chi Lam)

THE MYSTERY OF THE CONDOR HERO (TVB ,1993)
    Julian Chi Lam was in this series.

To watch this series go to:

http://so.tudou.com/isearch.do?kw=%E...y=album&page=2

additional links :
    http://so.tudou.com/isearch.do?kw=%B...=album&page=23

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/MSs3sYEd7Rk/
    Last edited by UnforgottenEricaChoi; 08-26-08 at 02:22 PM.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Thank you, I now rewatching this series. Julian Chueng and Emily Kwan was great in this series.
    The love story here between Mui Chiu-fung and Chan Yuen-fung are so sweet and sad.
    How accurate was this from the Jin Yong written book relationship of Mui Chiu-fung and Chan Yuen-fung? Probably not accurate eh, since this prequal part was written by TVB.

The events leading to the expulsion of the students is completely off if you take into account 3rd edition, but then this was done before 3rd edition so it's not really TVB's fault. Based on 2nd edition the most obvious inaccuracy is how Qu Lingfeng, Lu Chengfeng, Wu Minfeng and Feng Mofeng actually crippled their own legs - TVB probably couldn't think of a way to make David Chiang's character break their legs and still be fit to be the main protagonist. The four also didn't seem to bear any grudge against Chen Xuanfeng and Mei Chaofeng, while in the novel we know that Lu Chengfeng, at the very least, resented them with a passion.

I didn't like this series at first. I was kinda bothered by how much older David Chiang was than Fiona Leung. I hated the color scheme and the slow-mo fight scenes. When I watched it a second time I found it watchable and the things that bothered me before didn't bother me as much anymore. I liked Emily Kwan's character when she was mean and rough, but after she fell in love I didn't find her interesting anymore. Initially I didn't think that Liu Kai Chi would be able to pull off the ZBT character, but he actually did a good job; he played the character natural enough. I liked both of the theme songs. In fact I am still looking for the fast theme song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywRs-nBVOJo Is the full version released?

I thought back then Ekin Cheng would of been so much better than David Chiang, but it would be another Rage and Passion if he paired up with Fiona again! I didn't like their hair style in here and the clothes was very bland, Julian and Emily was a miss match in my opinion, she looks much older than he does. Anyhow I did enjoy the story.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    I thought back then Ekin Cheng would of been so much better than David Chiang, but it would be another Rage and Passion if he paired up with Fiona again! I didn't like their hair style in here and the clothes was very bland, Julian and Emily was a miss match in my opinion, she looks much older than he does. Anyhow I did enjoy the story.
    I have to agree that Fiona and David was an odd pair. Same with Julian and Emily. I actually thought Julian would be cuter with Maple Hui. But I really enjoyed watching Emily and Julian, their characters were interesting. I agree that Liu ka chi did a good job with his character as well.

This series was okay I guess, but have to agree, dislike the hairstyles.

I like the Mei Chaofeng created in this version. I really like her independent nature. If a LoCH prequel ever gets remade again, I think I would be disappointed with the 3rd edition changes, especially with Emily's dare to fight/dare to love version already imprinted in my mind.