Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if Yeung Gor had grown up among the warriors of Mongolia like Gwok Jing did?

I wonder how YG would have reacted to some of early childhood GJ's encounters. Would he have defended Jebeh as vehemently as GJ did and thus impressing everyone? YG had some heroic characteristics when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    I wonder how YG would have reacted to some of early childhood GJ's encounters. Would he have defended Jebeh as vehemently as GJ did and thus impressing everyone? YG had some heroic characteristics when it comes down to it.
    depends on whether Jebeh was nice to him or not.
    or perhaps if jochi was extremely mean towards YG, YG would hide Jebeh just to spite jochi.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    What if Guo Jing was brought up by XLN then?
    Judging by the events in LOCH and ROCH, GJ gets sexually stirred up easier than YG does. So if he'd lived with XLN in the tomb, the chick would've lost her virginity faster.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    What if Guo Jing was brought up by XLN then? Would he go GuGuGuGuGu?
    He would never have called her that.

You know how Gwok Jing is: a teacher is a teacher, an aunt is an aunt. He was very rigid about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    He would never have called her that.

You know how Gwok Jing is: a teacher is a teacher, an aunt is an aunt. He was very rigid about these things.

Nature vs Nurture. You reckon Guo Jing was born with his rigidness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I've long felt that Yeung Gor had a slightly effeminate personality...not in the same sense that a Qwai Fa Bo Deen practitioner would be effeminate. Yeung Gor was no she-male, but he had a, shall we say, unusually feminine-leaning worldview for a man of wulin.
    How was his personality "effeminate" exactly? I didn't see an elaboration upon glancing thru this thread.

But what if Yeung Gor had, like Gwok Jing, grown up in the ultra alpha masculine milieu of the Mongolian warriors? If Yeung Gor had grown up on the steppes as Gwok Jing did, hunting and engaging in war with other men regularly, what kind of man would he have developed into?
    Before I clicked thru, I initially thought you were gonna ask whether YG would have invaded the Song for Mongolia... but anyway, in terms of his development, I think he may have been too complex to fit in there. I think YG would have trouble fitting in anywhere anyhow, he's just not a follower, but especially there where the people are so simple. On the other hand, the children seemed to have been allowed to roam freely and "take care of their own business" aka beating each other up, so YG could very well have become a leader with his smarts. He seemed to prefer action more than schooling anyhoo.
    This account is retired.