Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Pranks

Default Internet Pranks

The internet is a lovely place. The fact that we're hiding behind a screen usually gives us more confidence to do things we wouldn't do too often in real life. What are some of the worst internet pranks you guys have played on other netizens? Is playing an online prank any more justifiable than playing a real-life prank? Do any of you even take online pranks seriously if you were the one being tricked?

Yeah, it got me once. Here are some keywords about what happened:

SPCNETer
    Blog
    Suicide
    April 1st
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

okay...suicide should NEVER be used for pranks.

though, i've been given pranks about a website shutting down on april first.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Yeah, we always run into those every year...and I fall for them each time without realizing what day it is.

Suicide....I think that's taking things a bit too far.

Umm.......what the inspiration for Bunnie with creating this topic?

On topic: sometimes, it happens to be an unexplainable misunderstanding that goes on and on. It happens that when the prankster realised that that is going nowhere, the prankster might just regret for losing out in some ways.

Sometimes, it happens that the prankster is actually the misunderstandeé (one being misinterpreted/misunderstood.) afterall. That's IMHO.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Well I was reading something from a while back...it wasn't really a prank. Basically AF (Asianfanatics) was having a beauty pageant where you have to answer some questions in round 1 before they pick out the contestants with the best answers to move on to round 2 where all the juicy pictures come in and such. I submitted my application but they never got back to me, lol, and now that I read my answers again, I guess they had pretty good reason to ignore me. I think that was the worst thing I've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Well I was reading something from a while back...it wasn't really a prank. Basically AF (Asianfanatics) was having a beauty pageant where you have to answer some questions in round 1 before they pick out the contestants with the best answers to move on to round 2 where all the juicy pictures come in and such. I submitted my application but they never got back to me, lol, and now that I read my answers again, I guess they had pretty good reason to ignore me. I think that was the worst thing I've ever done.
    i want to know the juciy answers bunny gave now!

It's pretty long. I wouldn't want to bore you guys with all the details. But just to give you guys a sneak preview...

2. I joined Mr. /Ms AF because I need validation from strangers on the internet.
    3. You should vote for me because I promise to end world hunger, illiteracy on the internet, and forum peace amongst all forums.
    4. Give us 3 adjectives that best describes Mr. /Ms AF: photoshopped, shameless, and corpulent.

They might not have even read this far though before deciding to trash my submission.
    Last edited by jadebunny9; 09-01-08 at 11:38 PM.

It's pretty long. I wouldn't want to bore you guys with all the details. But just to give you guys a sneak preview...

2. I joined Mr. /Ms AF because I need validation from strangers on the internet.
    3. You should vote for me because I promise to end world hunger, illiteracy on the internet, and forum peace amongst all forums.
    4. Give us 3 adjectives that best describes Mr. /Ms AF: photoshopped, shameless, and corpulent.

They might not have even read this far though before deciding to trash my submission.
    WOW so juicy! Please give us full details!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I woulda voted for you Bunny, if I was a member of that forum.

I first thought the "beauty pageant" was a goof, but since they rejected your entry, it musta been serious. LOL
    This account is retired.

I guess it was pretty serious. Beauty pageants are serious business, even online ones, lol.

I guess you guys can read through it if you're bored.

1. Name: Bunny
    2. Nickname: JB
    3. Age: 26
    4. Gender: Female

5. Height: Short
    6. Location: USA
    7. Languages spoken: English, Vietnamese, Chinese, Spanish, Pig Latin, Martian, Teletubbian, Gibberish
    8. Interests: Eating, sleeping, reading, listening to music, judging people
    9. Hobbies: Making origami cranes, winning spelling bees, cooking marshmallows, flaming, making shallow judgements

F.I.B(Fill in the blank)
    1. I don't remember this one...didn't save this answer.

Answer any 8 questions from listed below. (Optional to answer more)

Tell us a little about yourself:

1. If there's a type of fruit you could be what would it be and why?

I want to be a pitaya (dragonfruit) because of the following:

The red flesh variety is rich in antioxidants.
    The pitaya fruit is rich in vitamins.
    The pitaya fruit helps the digestive process due to its fiber.
    The pitaya fruit helps prevent colon cancer and diabetes.
    The pitaya fruit helps to neutralize toxic substances such as heavy metal, reduce cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
    Consumed regularly the pitaya fruit can help against asthma and cough.
    Dragonfruit is rich in fiber, Vitamin C and minerals. The typical nutritional value per 100g of dragonfruit is as follows:

Ashes 0.68g
    Fat 0.61g
    Fiber 0.9g
    Phosphorus 36.1mg
    Carotene 0.012g
    Protein 0.229g
    Water 83.0g
    Calcium 8.8mg
    Iron 0.65mg
    Riboflavin 0.045mg
    Niacin 0.430mg
    Ascorbic Acid 9.0mg

Dragonfruit is also rich in phytoalbumins which are highly valued for their antioxidant properties. Antioxidants prevent the formation of cancer-causing free radicals.
    In Taiwan, diabetics use the fruit as a food substitute for rice and as a source of dietary fiber.

2. What is your favorite book? why?

My favorite book is Spot the Dog because there are more pictures than words. And even then, the words aren't even real words.

3. What is your favorite movie? why?

My favorite is Lindsay Lohan's I Know Who Killed Me because it's so bad that it's good.

4. Who is one of your favorite characters in the movies? why?

I like Dumber because he's dumber than Dumb.

5. What is your favorite color? why? what color do you think fits your mood at the moment?

Lost this answer too.

6. What is the best quote that you think taken out of a book/movie/person do you think would fit you the most? Why did you chose this quote?

"Due to the tragically short life span of the average fruit fly,

College is not really an option.

Caps and gowns don't come in that size anyway."

- taken from Gordon Korman's A Semester in the Life of a Garbage Bag

I chose this quote because my graduation cap and gown didn't fit me very well.

7. Do you have any tattoo's? was there a specific reason to why you got it? Piercings?

Yes I do have one. I got it because it's three dimensional and it talks if pressed on. I have a piercing on my little toenail.

8. Do you have any bad habits you would like to share?

I can't control myself from joining beauty pageants.

9. Who is your role model growing up? Why is this person your role model?

My role model growing up is Paris Hilton because I always wanted to have money and be famous for doing nothing.

10. What are your future plans in life? What made you decide on these goals?

I want to end world hunger, illiteracy on the internet, and forum peace amongst all forums because it's convenient to copy and paste from the previous question.

11. If you can correct one thing about yourself? What would that be?

I would change genders so I can join Mr. AF because I know that no guy can look hotter than me.

12. Do you feel you have accomplished a lot in your life so far? What was your most proudest moments?

Yes. My proudest moment so far is deciding that I wanted to become a fruit (see Question 1 for more details).

13. How do you define life? How did you come up with your answer?

Life is the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

I came up with my answer from Dictionary.com

14. If you could have one thing (anything), what would it be? Why?

If I could have one thing, it would be to win this very lovely yet intellectually stimulating pageant.

Perhaps the last question did it for the judges, haha.

3. What is your favorite movie? why?

My favorite is Lindsay Lohan's I Know Who Killed Me because it's so bad that it's good.
    That makes 2 of us who liked the movie. However, it's far from my favorite.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

love #11.

I agree with Foxie, I would have sooooooo picked you based on those answers. I can't really pinpoint the reasons, but I'd say your answers are unique and humorous.

Do they have this contest ever year? How does it work? I wanna sign up for Mr. AF too.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    love #11.

I agree with Foxie, I would have sooooooo picked you based on those answers. I can't really pinpoint the reasons, but I'd say your answers are unique and humorous.

Do they have this contest ever year? How does it work? I wanna sign up for Mr. AF too.
    Regarding #11, I notice after the whole thing was over that I was not kidding. It's a pretty sad thing. I once posed as a guy and the girls were literally swarming in. I would never do that here though...I've been told that that particular picture bears a strong resemblance to Jae Joong, and I wouldn't want Gugu coming after me.

I think they have it every 2 years or so....it's pretty well publicized on their site once it starts.

I in fact did sign up for Mr. AF but I was, once again, rejected. =\

Wow Bunny, I never realize how funny you are. Thumbs up.

Your answer to #1 cracked me up. Great stuff.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    love #11.

chey, we should just have a Mr/Ms Spcnet, and see what the witty answers are

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    1. If there's a type of fruit you could be what would it be and why?

I want to be a pitaya (dragonfruit) because of the following:
    nice! that's my type of candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    11. If you can correct one thing about yourself? What would that be?

I would change genders so I can join Mr. AF because I know that no guy can look hotter than me.
    Is that why you are now "male"?

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    chey, we should just have a Mr/Ms Spcnet, and see what the witty answers are
    YES!! Great idea. Let's do it!
    Last edited by PJ; 09-09-08 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Wow Bunny, I never realize how funny you are. Thumbs up.

Your answer to #1 cracked me up. Great stuff.
    I wasn't trying to be funny. Some of these were honest answers. They just couldn't take it. The truth hurts sometimes.

That really is my most favorite quote. Coming from one of my most favorite books ever. Gordon Korman is just plain awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    YES!! Great idea. Let's do it!
    So....which one are you joining?

So....which one are you joining?
    Both, to maximize my chance of winning.

I wasn't trying to be funny. Some of these were honest answers. They just couldn't take it. The truth hurts sometimes.

That really is my most favorite quote. Coming from one of my most favorite books ever. Gordon Korman is just plain awesomeness.

They are still funny answers, dear. I like the one on Paris Hilton.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."