Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: East Of Eden - MBC (Lee Da Hae)

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Oh well, this is going to be a long journey - 50 eps. Maybe if MBC is greedy there will extend this indefinitely like what has been done with Jumong.
    LOL, see - I already said this before the series start - hahaha - now it's 70 episodes, and what the hell is that with dropping LDH, luckily I still not start even a single episode, this is the most hated news of the day . Now Lee Yeon Hee is going to be the lead actress and will be paired with SSH for a reunion in the end.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-08-09 at 12:29 AM.

LOL, see - I already said this before the series start - hahaha - now it's 70 episodes, and what the hell is that with dropping LDH, luckily I still not start even a single episode, this is the most hated news of the day . Now Lee Yeon Hee is going to be the lead actress and will be paired with SSH for a reunion in the end.
    i watched the first 13 or so episodes and i stopped. i was going to wait for all the subs before resuming and i was tired of the grace and dc plot because it looks to be going in circles.

i'm glad i didn't keep watching because i wanted to see ldh's portion of the show and it's too bad it's not happening. it could've been a very different and intense show with the original storyline.

the most interesting couple is now jh and mh.
    ---------
    Shellie

now it's 70 episodes
    A compromise was reached because East of Eden costs too much to shoot(too many highly paid cast). Now it will only be extended by 6~8 episodes.

and what the hell is that with dropping LDH
    Her "replacement" character is exactly like LDH's character, only younger and much prettier. Basically, Yi Dong Wook falls for somebody just like Hyerin who just pops out of nowhere with exactly same background(law student from some powerful family) right after Hyerin departs, so that the writer can simply replace Hyerin's name with new character's name on the word processor and continue shooting the show without changing the script. This Hyerin-II would continue Hyerin's plotline.

Now Lee Yeon Hee is going to be the lead actress and will be paired with SSH for a reunion in the end.
    ??? Yi Yeon Hee was always considered the lead actress.(Actually no one is sure who's the lead actress, unlike Song Seung Hun's Yi Dong Chul character)

This drama is getting messed up due to too many conflicts =/.
    Like I've just realized none of them have their characters anymore. They're everywhere.
    The only reason I'm watching this now is because I want to know what the ending is going to be like. I also like Ji Hyun and Myun Hoon's characters. Dong Chul and Young Ran are still cute together, and I'd like them to end up together. However, both of them make me go at some point.

It started off good, and now it's going downhill.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Wait, aren't they just going to extend it for 8 eps?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Wait, aren't they just going to extend it for 8 eps?
    Follow JoeDoe's post above. The series is extended to 6-8 episodes more.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    The only reason I'm watching this now is because I want to know what the ending is going to be like.
    Something would happen to Shin Taehwan and Chairman Kook(Young Ran's father). Oh family(To which Shin Taehwan was the son in law) and Yi family would forgive each other because of the baby switch and end their four decade-long dispute.

Notice that East of Eden is an "old style" epic series(even if it has a young lead cast); accordingly it is highly unlikely that there would be a tragic ending, as old style shows always had happy ending.

It wasn't until "Autumn Tale" that tear jerker wave hit Korean shows.

i feel like youngrans gonna die near the end because dongchul has sacrificed her in order to revenge. but hey, thats just an opinion. i'd love these two to be together!!

I feel weird about this whole thing about changing the script writer. The whole series is in a mess with the writer trying to restructure the storyline by force althought it is not logical at all. Just for example, the LDH's character does not even know the relationship of LDC and LDW after knowing them for such a long period of time whereby she is working as a reporter. Another thing is the fact of YR being pregnant is faked by herself is really hard to believe as it is the doctor which has pass on the news to LDC and Janice which YR being hospitalized. Just wandering why LDC don't just bring STW down once and for all and instead waiting for LDW to do it. With LDC's current abilities, he should have been able to gather information and data about STW's illegal work and pass it to LDW to charge him.

i'm pretty sure the original writer is probably still consulted on the flow of the plot.

****! That cursed Shin Tae-Hwain tried to kill Dong-chul's mother! Sick bastard it's ridiculous how Dong-wook can't just estrange himself from the wacko?

The show concludes tomorrow. The ending is said to be a happy ending, no surprise deaths. Being an old-fashioned show, that was expected.

Unhappy

Ok, the show's over. It was a very tragic ending(The whole happy ending thing was a cover).

click to show/hide spoilers

- Dong Wook realizes he has been manipulated by Shin Taehwan and launches a prosecution against his father.
    - Shin Taehwan's business empire collapses and dies when Rebbecca drives the car into a reservoir(double suicide).
    - Dong Chul takes a bullet shot by Macao gangs to cover for Dong Wook who came to rescue him and dies in Dong Wook's arm.
    - Two years later, we see the Dong Chul family(including both Dong Wook and Shin Myung Hoon) gathering at a birthday party of Dong Chul's baby.

I know I know everyone hate the ending

This whole drama was a drag after episode 30 or so.
    The ending was very predictable and no logic.
    -

Talking

damnit!! I wanted to know what happened to Janice and the 2nd journalist girl!!! They like.. totally butchered the ending. I did like how they did the ending for Rebecca and Shin Tae Hwan. That was good. I really thought he was gonna think about Janice... I wanted to see more emotion than just a teardrop!

Ahh .. whatever. This was a good drama to watch overall... especially the beginning.

Did someone say 70 episodes? I watched soju.com and the last episode is 56 part 7. Don't think I missed any episode if the ending is as JonDoe's posting. The actor playing Dong Wook is much better now. I don't find the actresses pretty at all, neither Yoo Ran nor Han JH. At least keep LDH till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Did someone say 70 episodes?
    Concluded at Episode 56. The network wanted to drag on but the production company and actors revolted. So ended at 56.

At least keep LDH till the end.
    Yi Da Hae's character disappeared from the show a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    Concluded at Episode 56. The network wanted to drag on but the production company and actors revolted. So ended at 56.

Yi Da Hae's character disappeared from the show a long time ago.
    I cheated and skipped many episodes. Question: (to those who haven't watch EOE, this question has only a tenuous relevance to the series)

Someone explain to me what's with Korean dramas that killed off characters, then have them lived happily in subsequent episodes, this one and e.g. Sang doo goes to school. Is it reincarnation or another dimension?
    Last edited by bella25; 03-18-09 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Someone explain to me what's with Korean dramas that killed off characters, then have them lived happily in subsequent episodes, this one and e.g. Sang doo goes to school. Is it reincarnation or another dimension?
    Dong Chul's not alive; what you saw at the end is Dong Chul's spirit at the family gathering to celebrate Dong Chul's baby's birthday. It is Korean customary belief that spirits of dead people would return home at such important events