Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Castration NOT necessary for the original KHBD!?

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Well, castration might not have been explicitly stated as a requirement in the original KHBD manual because its creator was a eunuch who was already castrated ... he might not have even realized that castration would be a requirement because for him it was a given. But most likely it's an implicit requirement to supress your sexual energy/sex drive.
    If supression of sexual energy was a requirement to master this martial arts, how come DFBB got around it? I mean it was pretty obvious that Dongfang Bubai was NOT supressing any sexual energies. He even had a male lover.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    If supression of sexual energy was a requirement to master this martial arts, how come DFBB got around it? I mean it was pretty obvious that Dongfang Bubai was NOT supressing any sexual energies. He even had a male lover.
    Maybe because men are literally led by their dicks

While women get their sexual energy/tensions, after carefull consideration with their brains. Would also explain why women can't learn KHBD.

Another reason might be that it's just relevant for the beginning part when you just started learning sunflower martial arts, as was stated it was the hardest part to learn after all. Maybe after that, sexual energy doesn't matter anymore at all.

But dude, that's alot of necro'ing pumpkin. Better watch out or Ken's gonna lay the smackdown upon you.

I'm not an expert or a doctor or anything, so I'm kind of making semi-educated assumptions here. Maybe Han Solo or another qualified doctor can correct me where I go astray.

I think males who are castrated (as in only having the testicles removed) are still able to have erections, correct? They just don't produce semen anymore. I think eunuchs existed because the emperors and kings simply didn't want them impregnating their concubines, not necessarily to suppress their sexual urges completely. So, the guess is that the prerequisite for KHBD is not the removal of sexual energy, but maybe just the absence of sperm in the body which conflicts with the qi generated by KHBD energy in some way.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Well, castration might not have been explicitly stated as a requirement in the original KHBD manual because its creator was a eunuch who was already castrated ... he might not have even realized that castration would be a requirement because for him it was a given. But most likely it's an implicit requirement to supress your sexual energy/sex drive.

I would agree with the sexual energy theory. Extreme sexual urges probably result from the first step, and inability to control those urges during an important step usually leads to massive fire deviation. I guess the assumption made by Jin Yong here is that castrated males are unable to have an erection and lack sexual urges but I don't think that is true according to modern medicine. But we probably can't blame him for that goofup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    There is also the possiblity that the Creator (the eunuch) while creating KHBD, unknowingly makes KHBD caters and suits his body capabilities, characteristics and restrictions.

This would probably means only his body is capable of learning KHBD without shortcomings unlike other complete males who would need to make a huge sacrifice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    If the difficult and dangerous (non-castration) steps required to overcome sexual urges was in the original KHBD and was in a recognizable though garbled form in the subsequent and incomplete versions, then it is possible that Lin Yuantu was the author of the shortcut.

But it doesn't square with the eunuch theory. So the author of KHBD must have needed the shortcut himself or the difficult and dangerous (non-castration) steps are still required otherwise why record it in the first place?
    Agree. I think castration was the requirement as no one has ever successfully practice the martial art without being castrated while everyone can successfully practice it after castration. Perhap castration wasn't mention in the original manual because the creator was a eunuch, so he wasn't realized that castration was a requirement in order to learn the martial art.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=6889
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17187

If Lin Yuantu didn't want his descendents practicing the martial art, why did he not destroy it? I don't think the 72 stances of BXJF is all that bad. I think they are good martial art without the super speed and great internal energy. The 72 stances alone still pretty decent but just not as good as the leaders of the major sect. Lin Ping Zhi father still powerful enough to the guard leader.

I think Lin Ping Zhi is so stupid for castrate himself. If I were him, I would destroy the manual and marry YLS and carry on the Lin family line. As for revenge, he can wait until YBQ becomes very very old and kill him on his last breath.

Where is the original QFBD? Who had them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'm really not much of a fan of Qwai Fa Bo Deen, and can't find a single reason to justify its use.

Let's put it this way: if there were a Gwok Jing vs. Yeung Gor battle in which Gwok Jing would win by training in the Qwai Fa Bo Deen, whereas if he didn't train in it, he'd lose for certain, I'D RATHER GWOK JING JUST LOSE TO YEUNG GOR!

That's how much I object to the Qwai Fa Bo Deen.
    Me too object QFBD and BXJF. Yeah, I would rather Kwok Jing and/or Dook Goo Kau Bai lose/die than learning QFBD or BXJF.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 01-14-10 at 03:27 AM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the skill was created by a eunuch who created an original high level internal cultivation technique. because he was an eunuch, he could channel his energy in a way other normal men couldn't. without castration, you would run into insurmountable difficulties. the monk who studied to skill did not practice KHBD. so he did not know if the skill could be practiced without castration. it was his hypothesis that it was impossible and the likely outcome was death, and anyone who doesn't die will be seriously injured. meaning they will fail to master the skill. the monk stated that the skill just couldn't be practiced, let alone mastered.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I'm not an expert or a doctor or anything, so I'm kind of making semi-educated assumptions here. Maybe Han Solo or another qualified doctor can correct me where I go astray.

I think males who are castrated (as in only having the testicles removed) are still able to have erections, correct? They just don't produce semen anymore. I think eunuchs existed because the emperors and kings simply didn't want them impregnating their concubines, not necessarily to suppress their sexual urges completely. So, the guess is that the prerequisite for KHBD is not the removal of sexual energy, but maybe just the absence of sperm in the body which conflicts with the qi generated by KHBD energy in some way.
    But castration should reduce the male hormone (testosterone or something barring spelling error, because if not mistaken it is majority generated by the testicles ), and make the eunuch behaving more feminine. I would think that KHBD practitioner cannot co-exist with this male hormone or fire deviation could happen. Co-incidently, this hormone, if I remember correctly plays a major role in male's sexual urges. Maybe a truly dedicated monk could practice KHBD successfully without castration if he could suppress his desire.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

testosterone is present in women as well as men and responsible for sexual urges in both sexes, and i believe the testicles main function is to produce seamen. when did become a medical discussion? anyway. the main point of KHBD is in qi cultivation. hormone may not necessarily have anything to do with qi or horny teenagers would be invincible qigong masters. castration may have to do with reducing the yang element in the body so the practitioner is not overwhelmed by the qi. it was never said in the novel that the practitioner will suffer from sexual dreams that will lead to fire deviation and castration was to avoid that happening, that was brought up in a much earlier discussion and assumed. it was said in the novel that the practitioner will encounter difficulties in practicing the internal cultivation method without castration.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Yu View Post
    But dude, that's alot of necro'ing pumpkin. Better watch out or Ken's gonna lay the smackdown upon you.
    Not sure I understand this comment very well. Care to elaborate?