Thread: Could Yeung Gor kind of, sort of "fake" the Hong Lung 18 Palms?

Default Could Yeung Gor kind of, sort of "fake" the Hong Lung 18 Palms?

Yeung Gor was very adept at learning martial arts very quickly. Just give him a few hints, and he can improvise pretty well. He was able to sort of reproduce a few strokes of Iron Palm Technique that way, and his learning of Dog Beating Stick Technique and East Heretic Wong Yerk See's key martial arts (Jade Flute Sword Technique and Divine Finger Snap) also occurred this way.

Over the years, Yeung Gor saw Gwok Jing using the Hong Lung 18 Palms on numerous occassions. He also witnessed North Beggar Hung 7 Gung using the palms at Mt. Hua. Based on these observations, could Yeung Gor kind of, sort of fake a few strokes of Hong Lung 18 Palms? He probably won't get the inner power generation and usage methods entirely right, but could he fake it enough to fool the inexperienced?

anyone can fake strokes of XL18Z. it was usually pretty straightfoward. the key is the power. YG at the end of ROCH can probably fake the palms with significant power, but it will still be nowhere as efficient in power usage as the real thing.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

There's not too much special about the movements of XL18P per se but it was then internal energy manipulation behind it that was why it was such a great technique.

Banned

its easy, just roar like a dinosaur when he pushes his palms forward.

I got so sick of that shit in DGSD 2003 when everytime xiao feng attacks, theres the sound effect.

then in both LOCH 2003 and ROCH 2006 they used the same sound effect for guo jing, OMFG.

once or twice is ok, but hearing a dinosaur roar 20 times per episode is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
    its easy, just roar like a dinosaur when he pushes his palms forward.

I got so sick of that shit in DGSD 2003 when everytime xiao feng attacks, theres the sound effect.

then in both LOCH 2003 and ROCH 2006 they used the same sound effect for guo jing, OMFG.

once or twice is ok, but hearing a dinosaur roar 20 times per episode is really annoying.
    Zhang Jizhong admitted that he's running out of budget so he had to reuse sound effects. He promises fresh ones for the new HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Zhang Jizhong admitted that he's running out of budget so he had to reuse sound effects. He promises fresh ones for the new HSDS.

How expensive is a bloody TV sound effect? Just get someone who ate beans to turn his butt to the mic.

Ken

If you can fake the Dragon palms in your youth, i'm sure Yeung Gor can as well..

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    How expensive is a bloody TV sound effect? Just get someone who ate beans to turn his butt to the mic.
    Lol don't underestimate the cost. You have to employ people, create sound effects, mix them etc. Not cheap. I remember reading ZJZ is operating on a couple million yuan per JY remake. So thats quite a tight budget. Seeing how actors like Huang Xiaoming charges tens of thousands of yuan per episode.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    How expensive is a bloody TV sound effect?
    He probably blew all his money on the expensive stuff, so when it came to the cheap stuff, he doesn't have money left.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Time for some creative input!

YG could modify the HL 18 palms slightly (rather than recycling the original (and expected) HL 18 palms), and create his condor version of HL 18 palms. After nicely done with the stunts and palms, his condor pal will fly by with an intimidating screech!

That gigianto virtual condor should freak out his enemy.

The supposedly 19th step of HL 18 palms will be known as "Shen Diao Jia Dao" (Here comes the gigianto Condor ), which is also the surprise attack. Tada~
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-04-08 at 11:14 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Banned

Interesting, raven. Now I know where Justin Timberlake got inspired of his dancing moves.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

he wouldn't have to fake the palms in any siuation but when he saw HQG and OYF fight, he understood several principles from 9yin just like when GJ saw them fight in LOCH.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Does Yeung Gor need to? He already has his sad palms. btw, how is the power output of sad palms compared to hong long 18 palms? Which is more fierce?

Quote Originally Posted by munenori View Post
    Does Yeung Gor need to? He already has his sad palms. btw, how is the power output of sad palms compared to hong long 18 palms? Which is more fierce?

Its not problem of does he need to. This is just fun speculation.

Sad Palms in comparable to XL18Z but IMHO I think XL18Z is very very slightly stronger than the non-berserk Sad Palms.